UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC exclusive

cornflakes

Hey all. While I've been collecting Marvel Minimates for a while, I just recently found this wonderful forum, so I don't know the way exclusives are marketed. I read on the NYCC panel page that we'll definitely be getting another exclusive at the SDCC, but they didn't announce it yet. What's normally the process of announcing these exclusives? Will we get some images released soon, or do we not find out what the exclusive is until someone buys one at the con and posts some pics? I'm not sure if someone has asked this yet and I figured some people might have these same questions. If anyone has any answers, that'd be great.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I know who one of the SDCC exclusive will be.

And his name is Ultimate Nick Fury ( Samuel Jackson).

You know? or are making a random guess?

Info does sometimes leak out, so I'm not doubting just trying to qualify if this fact or fiction?

T.

fiction but my reasoning is based on whether or not he will be in the Hulk movie. No better person to make as an exclusive.

Also marvel is launching a huge avengers campaign with the movie coming out in 2012, and all the other movies like thor, captian america, ant man, and sub-mariner.

More armor would be great too.

fiction but my reasoning is based on whether or not he will be in the Hulk movie. No better person to make as an exclusive.

Also marvel is launching a huge avengers campaign with the movie coming out in 2012, and all the other movies like thor, captian america, ant man, and sub-mariner.

More armor would be great too.

I think a good Civil War two pack would be cool. Possibly Hercules and Yellowjacket? Both were somewhat important to the story, and each was on a different side.

I know Pym is being made in that FA Avengers set, but I don't think his Yellowjacket costume was one of the ones included. Also, they made the Modern Armor Iron Man shortly before the release of the movie 'mates, so it's not like they haven't done two costumes of the same character in a row.

Hmmmm. We'll have to reveal something soon then...

I still say a Hulkbuster Iron Man & Hulk would make for an awesome & topical 2 pack!!

T.

p.s. I'll take any Iron Man mini's to help fill out my hall of armors though! :)

Well, you better not make Deadpool exclusive or I'll kill someone! :D

That sounds like something Deadpool would say....

I know, righ? Worse yet, don't make Ant-Man exclusive!

MAKE EVERYONE I LIKE! FANBOY POWER!

Hmmmm. We'll have to reveal something soon then...

I'm sure there's a clue in what Matt said somewhere.

Let's see... a synonym for "reveal" is "strip". Strips come in bacon and comic form. Comic strips are printed in newspapers. Newspapers are used in England to serve fish and chips. Chips in America are called "French Fries", and the French gave us the Statue of Liberty. Which is a monument, like Mt. Rushmore, which has the faces of famous presidents. Quarters also have the face of a President, which is an interesting coincedence in an election year. Presidential elections come every four years, like leap years. And frogs like to leap with frog legs, and I like "Frogger"....

The exclusive is Hulkbuster Iron Man / Hulk. When you really look at what Matt said, it's so obvious.

Maybe this link will work. . .

http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/article.asp?ai=70043

I like the updates a lot--a better looking gray Iron Man, and an updated, 70s/80s, classic Iron Man (the non-zombified Zombie-mate Ironman, with the helmet-sheath laying on the ground in the second pic). Plus, the "captured" Tony Stark can easily double as "super-wino" Tony Stark (I guess the regular wino Tony is the one with the mussed up hair).

Edited by karamazov80

*Does the happy Cappy dance!!*

This set is a dream set for an IM fan like me :)

For those that care... and want to check out where these armors come from...

Modular Armor Iron Man, #300

Proto-Classic Iron Man, The first Red/Gold IM from Tales of Suspense #48 (Extra mask ToS #55?)

Recovery Armor Iron Man #191

Demon In A Bottle Iron Man! #128 - well Tony Stark anyway ;)

- Needs a dresser accessory to do the cover of the book properly though ;) *Matt/Chuck what does the marvel license stipulate for furniture?*

Is IronMan the new Wolverine of the minimate world... and do I care ( the answer is probably... and Hell no!)

I'm going to need a bigger hall of armors!!!

T.

I also want to note that I really, really dig that the last two announced Minimate box sets give you all these different mix-and-match figure options with only four figures. That one Iron Man has 3, count em', 3 different helmets! Awesome.

--edit: on second thought, maybe that old-school helmet goes with wino Tony, but still. . .--

Edited by karamazov80