UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Batman Q-Blox to be released.

The Avenger

Just browsing some sites and found this at action-hq.compost-27-1218993363_thumb.jpg. Wow that sucks ass.. These are absolutely terrible. The kubrick Joker looks much better(to bad it's sooooo damn expensive :( )
*smashes head into glass. Wakes up, borrows Rorschach's hairspray flame thrower set self on fire, jumps out window*

They cancelled minimates for this???! Nooooo!!! *dies of shock*

I particularly liked this quote from the item description:

The next big thing to kubricks is here!

I guess compared to Kubricks they are in fact "Big", but not in the popularity sense so much as the gargantuan size sense.

I also like how they captured the flexibility problem of the original bat suit by making it where it couldn't bend at the elbows. It was a funny scene in the Dark Knight movie when Batman walked around like Frankenstein's monster. :rolleyes:

I think I'll be getting my hands on that New Costume Batman fig.

Other than that, I'm out. That Joker looks horrible, the Lego Joker looks so much better than that. Then again, Lego's are awesome, but regardless. I bet you they could've done a decent Scarecrow. The sloppy style would match the Scarecrow's looks.

Well, i'll take your word for it. I have never heard of a shocker crappini, but they must be bad. But nothing can suck worse than these puppies!

The real word is Shokini and they're infamous in the world of the Block figure for realy really sucking. Google them, you'll see. I'll show you.

In fact, Here's a link to the Google Images results for Shockinis. Just a tip: Don't eat anything just before you look. You don't want to puke on the keyboard.

Good Luck

• 2 weeks later...

I think I'll be getting my hands on that New Costume Batman fig.

Looking at the Batman a little closer, I was wondering if the chest piece and belt would fit on a mate body. hmmmmm, I might have to get one too. :blush:

hm. was thinking of doing this too but i wasn't sure about blowing $10 on it and having it not work [eyeballing it's too risky] -- has anyone tried this, and how well do the sizes match up?

• 3 weeks later...

Makes me weep that these things are at mass retail here (Oz), though not as much as the random out of the blue appearance of all the AA Speed Racer stuff save of the Minimates in time for the movie...

My wife rang to inform me of these "Batman minimate keyrings", apparently only $7.95Aus at Target, so I'll ponder snagging one tomorrow.

Whilst these Q-Blox aren't fantastic I guess I'm in the minority when I say I'd like a couple or so. I also envy the thought of Cyc strolling through Brisbane (Queen Street Mall ?) at this time of year ,it's a beautiful city. Q-blox are just starting to hit ebay Au. as well. post-638-1222075074_thumb.jpg

As an aside when you log onto US ebay you get the greeting on the header page "Hi ......." whilst on the British site it's much more subdued with " Hello........" with ebay Au. you get ( you've guessed I'm sure ) " G'day ......"

"Top of the morning......." is NOT what you'll find on ebay Ireland ;)

Edited by buttheadsmate

with ebay Au. you get ( you've guessed I'm sure ) " G'day ......"

Surely someone in the U.S. set that up. They probably figured, "hell, it's basically English, why hire someone over there to run that site," and then this is what you get. I wonder if you also get a "crikey, you've been outbid!" message.

I picked up a original suit Batman from the Target in the Myer Centre in, yes, the Queen Street Mall. I'm at work, so just the words, photos when I get home.

First up: Minimate Part Theft:

Batman belt: The Q-Blox crotch block is wider and thinner around the waist than a Minimate. The Batman belt is not glued on, staying in place on the Q-Blox via friction and if you don't mind a bit of warping you can put it on a Minimate. Bit plain, the buckle and two bumps on back are it.

Batman/men chest plates: The chest pieces are very Minimatey. The Q-Blox chest block is a close match for a Minimate one with one main change, the arm and neck ball joint extensions are longer and thinner. This gives the chest pieces more clearance with the arms and head, when placed on a Minimate it leads to powerhouse chest block no neck syndrome and greatly restricts the arm movement. The chest plates aren't glued on, but they are painted and then placed on the Q-Blox so you basically have bend a little to snap 'em off but again their soft plastic and can stand it.

Q-Blox - Likes:

More articulation: Just considering the Q-Blox on their own, they have one thing I would have loved on mates, each of the limbs have bicep/thigh swivel joints above the elbows/knees, the circular part of each limb. Each of the swivels, including the waist swivel, has a recessed portion near the top with a matching extended ring in each socket, making them nice and tight (kind vital as keyrings) Also the hands and feet are ball jointed.

Production quality seems on-par with Minimates, and joints are tight enough I could use as a keyring and not have them explode/lose limbs.

Q-Blox - Dislikes:

The crotch block ball joint/extensions are just fine, but the neck and arm ones are really thin and the tightness of small ball joints mean each "shoulder" where I've popped an arm off is dangerously white. Definitely not built for easy part swapping.

Ugly. Their bulky and not a cute as mates. Batman gauntlets are glued on and even after removing the screwed in ring in the head, haven't been yet able to remove cowl yet. Their not Lego/C3 compatable, so flat feet.

Overall they are very clearly "Okay, we like Minimates, lets do our own", more so than any other Minifigure IMO, but they do have improvements and refinements. Given that Popbbox keeps mentioning Digger I wonder if a little suggestion for improvements/alterations did occur. The "clothing" is a very close match for Minimates as well. I wouldn't go out of my way for one, but nice all the same.

Edited by Cyc