UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Backgrounds

ok so i get asked alot what i use for backrounds in the comic strips

so i thought i'd start a thread were people could post and download cool backgrounds to display minimates in front of

: try to keep any you make at A4 size

: no copyrighted stuff I.E i can't post the worldworks scaled up stuff here as even though its a little modified it might breach their copyright

:instuction, print out, stick to card, cut out, enjoy

so i'll get us started with some star trek corridors

post-976-1209026647_thumb.jpg

post-976-1209026664_thumb.jpg

post-976-1209026764_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so i'm off sick and watching trek dvds and it's got me making tng sets and backgrounds.... enjoy

post-976-1231255641_thumb.jpg

post-976-1231257168_thumb.jpg

i'm doing more so i'll keep em coming till the lemsip kicks in and go head first into my laptop

Edited by winkerbean

What do you do with them?

What do you do with them?

ok so i get asked alot what i use for backrounds in the comic strips

so i thought i'd start a thread were people could post and download cool backgrounds to display minimates in front of

Some of the minimate collectors here like having minimate-scale backgrounds for use in display dioramas (like this cool replica of the Bridge of the Enterprise somewhere in the TV & Movie threads) and comic strips (Yes, all-minimate comic strips. Quite a few boardies here have created some pretty amazing/hilarious stuff). Backgrounds like these come pretty handy when producing homemade stop-motion videos (naturally, starring an all-minimate cast :)) too.

Edited by NorthRaider

Oh,ok. Thanks cool!

So I ran my first trial run print of these and am very happy with how they are looking...time for some hardcore set building!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Post some pics of what you build when you are finished! :)

oh i will...as either a comic or a new stop motion movie...I am still on the fence about which way to go with my idea

Jeff of the Miniacs

Go for the Strip man. It's easier I think. And it will proabaly be better quality.