UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

What do you collect besides Minimates? Whats the most Expensive?

rx78jj

Now back to the thread.

Minimates for me are my number 1 (if you dont count tattoos, piercings and hangovers) the only other things I get are the Marvel and DC Superhero Collection statues you can get in the UK with the magazines.

You mean those little 3" metal Marvel statues? I've got a few of those. Okay, one of those. Black Cat. But I like the rest. XD

These http://www.marvel-figurines.co.uk/ and these http://www.eaglemoss.com/dc/index.html

Yeah, those things are bloody awesome! I love em. This is the one I have. I'd love to have a on more, honestly, starting with Elektra.

At the threat of being booted off the island...

This thread? Pics, without? Useless. :tongue:

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

That's what google is for!

and No one told me we're allowed to boot people off the island.... *sideways glance at Dinobot* ;)

T.

That's what google is for!

and No one told me we're allowed to boot people off the island.... *sideways glance at Dinobot* ;)

T.

Be nice to me or I'll being back the useless without pics, uh, pics. :powergirl:

Like most of us Minimates are my only must have collectible well actually I collect alot of comics. Some of the other things that I collect are Transformers I've got most of the "classics" I also have some movie ones I liked the G1 repaints I also have some of the G1 reissues. I will also pick up the odd figures that I think are cool like deluxe Batman or the 13" Spider-man from sm2 it has like 32 points of articulation.

Oh most of my desposable income goes to comics.

Edited by wallbreaker2.0

Anyone here got the Halo kubricks? I'm also trying to get the Metal Gear Solid ones. I just think they are cute. :P

Anyone here got the Halo kubricks? I'm also trying to get the Metal Gear Solid ones. I just think they are cute. :P

I used to have some of the Halo ones, and I currently have 2 of the Solid Snake figures. I actually want to get Kubricks for MGS 2 (Snake), Aliens, Muppets, and Han Solo at some point. They aren't Minimates, but if DST won't get the license to these properties, then the second rate Kubricks will have to suffice.

I collect Star Wars stuff mostly Original Trilogy stuff, figures, legos, and other odds and ends. I love MOTU stuff and am so excited they are bringing back the 6" line, GI Joe stuff vintage and 25th anniversary, other than that I have a large hodge podge collection. I love a myriad of different toys with minimates being at the top of the list. I have a blog which is just pictures of new toys that I get and there are some older videos of my toy room from last year (it is seriously upgraded and better now) it is jeditolmantoys.blogspot.com so you can check it out if you want. I am lucky to have a wife who is ok with my hobby and that makes my life so much easier to not have to justify my toy purchases.

I'd say, right now, that minimates are the thing I am actively collecting (as in following release dates etc).

My minor passions, which I pick-up on a semi-regular basis include:

The Enterprise, TOS and TNG crews of the 8" AA/DST figures

Titanium BSG Vehicles

WWE Build N Brawl Figures (3.75")

Neca POTC figures

Star Wars (but mainly droids, and really nice, super-detailed versions of the main characters)

There's so many cool things out there, but I try to keep it within limits. I like the minimates because they are inexpensive, relative to the 8" AA/DST figures and I can do quick customs to make missing characters. I know I'll probably have to scoop up at least an Indy & Marion figure, when those hit the shelves... and maybe Salah.

By the way.... the WWE build-n-brawl guys are pretty cool. Their articulation matches the most articulated SW figures that are now out. And you haven't lived until you've seen the Undertaker deliver a Tombstone Piledriver to Lando. Each figure in the first 2 waves has pieces to build your own ring (you need a total of six figures with difft pieces). Wave 3 has pieces for a steel ring cage packaged with the wrestlers....

Hi guys, just thought I'd chime in - a bit late, as usual.

I'm in the same boat as TM2Dinobot with Transformers - I have a roomful. I'm currently collecting the Mattel DCU figures and the Legendary Comic Book Heroes, as well as comics (everything Wildstorm U, and most DC trades from the last 6-7 years).

I've got to be very strict with myself, as I can get very carried away if I'm not careful. Hence the Transformers room

WOW! I just looked at Zoot figs on Ebay out of curiousity. A loose yellow shirt currently going for $61. Buy it nows are $200+!

I enjoyed the Muppets line, but didn't get into it due to space/display constraints. Is Zoot fairly rare and unique in this price range or are there other, similarly priced Muppets floating aroung out there? (I still kick myself for not buying Super Grover at the Con when I could've...)

It is strange that Zoot really isn't any rarer than any of the other wave 3 Muppets. However, that wave was, amongst all Muppet waves, the one released with the fewest figures produced (I'm pretty sure--one of the later waves had a low production run, too, but I don't think that it was as low as wave 3). The reason for the high price on Zoot is that, for some reason, each case had, I believe, one regular Zoot and one variant with the red shirt. Thus, the variant was no rarer than the regular version, and each of those Zoots is treated by Muppet collectors as being a difficult to find, one per case figure of a wave that was just difficult to find in the first place.

Interestingly, the Scooter (who is a more important and well-known Muppet than Zoot by far) can sometimes be found on eBay dirt cheap, even though there are an equal number of wave 3 "Zoots" and Scooters around. The only difference is that there are half as many of a given Zoot figure. Lew Zealand is also cheap and easy to find, whereas, no doubt due to the character's popularity and the quality of the sculpt, the Rowlf in that wave typically sells for very high prices, even though it was just as easy to find as Scooter or Lew Zealand.

Here are some examples that I just found:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Palisades-Muppets-Scoo...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Muppets-TUXEDO-ROWLF-T...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/ZOOT-Original-Yellow-S...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Muppets-ZOOT-Red-Shirt...1QQcmdZViewItem

The Muppet collecting world is about as strange as its Minimate counterpart. . .and you all thought that 80 dollar aberration for the Iron Man variant was outrageous, but Zoot has sold for these prices consistently, at least since last summer :)

(note: also the exclusives such as Super Grover, Jim Henson, and the "wedding" Kermit and Piggy are typically very expensive as well, due largely to low supply)

Actually the Zoot regular figure had a shorter run of i believe a 1000 cause of something with the paint mixes, i remember Ken lily telling us about that when they were 1st being released, cause alot of people couldnt find him, i happened upon one at a sam goody in a run down mall on clearance no less cause they where closing, i remember the people looking at me like i was nuts cause i was jumping around when i seen him, ah the muppets line by palisades was way awesome i just wish they got to do sesame street and fraggle rock like planned, there invader zim line rocks also

• 8 months later...

Yu-Gi-Oh! cards are what I used to collect. Same with Pokemon cards. But that's what I USED to collect. (card-wise)

I now collect Magic the Gathering cars along with the Bionicle that I posted above.

Another thing I still collect are Heroscape stuff.

After I started collecting Heroscape stuff, they made a Marvel Heroscape set with Red Skull, Captain America, Dr. Doom, Silver Surfer, Hulk, Abomination, Spiderman, Venom, Thanos, and my personal favorite, Iron Man.

The two best of that sey in my opinion are Captain America and Iron Man.

Edited by Shup Dude