My dream license would be Blade Runner!

We could have:

Deckard w/ his trench coat and cool gun

Roy Batty w/ a dove and a nail through his hand

Gaff w/ an origami unicorn and cane

Rachel

Pris w/the racoon makeup

Zhora in her exotic dancer outfit w/snake

Zhora in the clear plastic coat she got shot in.

Dr. Tyrell

Leon

Oh and a Voight-Kamph machine to find out who's a replicant!

Who else loved this movie! :biggrin:

post-2001-1208360681_thumb.jpg

*tap tap*

"He say you bwadewunner!"

Here's an custom Deckard I did 2-3 years back...

Deckard.jpg

One of my all time fave movies, nice lineup you have there... but I'd trade out one of the Zora's (prob snake) for a JF Sebastian...

T.

I recently watched the 'Director's Cut' & it still 'cut's it ' with me,all time great film. But.....have you noticed with me there's often a but.....the score (Vangelis) really dated the movie. Without the score you would not have known this was a 26 year old movie, Vangelis however confirmed that it was. Minimates box-set would work.

*tap tap*

"He say you bwadewunner!"

Here's an custom Deckard I did 2-3 years back...

Deckard.jpg

One of my all time fave movies, nice lineup you have there... but I'd trade out one of the Zora's (prob snake) for a JF Sebastian...

T.

That's a great custom! :D

I recently watched the 'Director's Cut' & it still 'cut's it ' with me,all time great film. But.....have you noticed with me there's often a but.....the score (Vangelis) really dated the movie. Without the score you would not have known this was a 26 year old movie, Vangelis however confirmed that it was. Minimates box-set would work.

Hee hee Sorry, buttheadsmate, but I love the Vangelis soundtrack...It's the song that plays on my Myspace page. ;) I still think it's futuristic.

Ok movie but the H. Ford Head could be used for an indy or Han Solo custom.

A Ford head could be used on a big-block Chevy with minor modifications to the oil-ways &/or waterways . I am not sure however whether current Indy 500 regulations permit this..............hang on ( :blink: ) am I logged into the correct site here?????

A Ford head could be used on a big-block Chevy with minor modifications to the oil-ways &/or waterways . I am not sure however whether current Indy 500 regulations permit this..............hang on ( :blink: ) am I logged into the correct site here?????

I'm total lost.:blush:

I'm total lost.:blush:

Sorry! What I should have said was: ''Yes you are right these would be very useful indeed for custom Indiana Jones & Han Solo custom Minimates''....far more interesting ;)

Blade Runner mates need to happen... Now!

One of my all-time favorites... Second only to Buckaroo Banzai.

The Blu-Ray of BR is, simply-put, absolutely beautiful. Watching it makes it hard to remember how old the damn movie is... score be damned.

I'm thrilled (and slightly sad) everytime this topic comes-up; definitely one of the "top-five greatest scifi movies" ever made. I've been slooowly accumulating 'mate parts for my personal custom-line (the 24 and Rocky sets helped). My personal wish-list still stands as:

Deckard (trenchcoat, pistol, Voight-Kamph)/ Gaff (hat, pilot-cap, cane)

Tyrell (owl w/stand)/ Rachel (coat)

Roy (coat)/ Pris (shoulder bag)

Leon (pistol)/ Zhora (clear coat, snake)

J.F. Sebastian (cap, messenger bag)/ Chew (gadget-hat, coat)

*"Final-Battle aka Time-to-die" Exclusive: B.D. Deckard (trenchcoat, bandaged hand, pistol)/ B.D. Roy (nail-hand, dove)

Of course, these would probably need to be re-arranged to balance accessories and ensure sales of lesser-characters. Boxset(s) would be the most logical solution (perhaps 5 and 5: Deckard, Gaff, Tyrell, J.F., and Chew / "replicants" Rachel, Roy, Leon, Pris, and Zhora with an exclusive 2-pack). If I ever won the lottery (and could get Warner Bros. blessing LOL), I would totally make this a reality!!B)

Edited by cdubya

I thought that I understood it (only because of the original narration explaining everything), but didn't find it exciting enough as a child (a bit cerebral, slow, and lacking wild aliens LOL)...just cool looking. It wasn't until several years later (when I was old enough to begin questioning existence, mortality, and all that stuff that makes us human) that I truly "got it". I think this is why I have such a great appreciation and deep respect for this film now, because the older I get, the better it gets (unlike many films I grew-up with that become dated over time). As many times as I've seen it (original and director's cut), I still find new things in it and new questions about the human condition and the world we are creating. A truly brilliant, stylish, and timeless film that was way ahead of it's time.

P.S. I recommend renting the new boxset (with "original theatrical release" and "director's cuts") for those struggling with this film. Watch the "original" first (with "hit-you-over-the-head narration") for explanation; just disregard the lame "happy-ending". Then, try watching the "director's cut" ( with the expanded "Unicorn dream" and thoughtful ending). You might not appreciate this until you're in your 20's, but when you "get it" I'm sure you'll love it too!

• 3 months later...

Sorry to resurrect a old thread...but I wanted to show all my Blade Runner designs on one sheet. Most of these I posted in the Customs and Art section...but this pic shows them all together and I even made a little logo for them. How cool would this line be?

post-2001-1217006704_thumb.jpg

Sorry to resurrect a old thread...but I wanted to show all my Blade Runner designs on one sheet. Most of these I posted in the Customs and Art section...but this pic shows them all together and I even made a little logo for them. How cool would this line be?

post-2001-1217006704_thumb.jpg

Those are awesome! I think Deckard and Roy are missing something face-wise but the rest are perfect.

Never seen the movie. It's on my list of "to Watch... Eventually" Stuck somewhere between the second half of Schindler's List and The Good Shephard.

Bro you gotta see it!! Its kinda slow like the first Alien movie, but its awesome and beautiful! Ridley scott directed it (alien, gladiator) Its one of my top 10 favorite movies of all time.

Why'd you have to bring this thread up at the time of SDCC, i nearly shit myself with excitement.

This is my all time fave movie. I would dearly love to see these happen

• 8 months later...
My dream license would be Blade Runner!

We could have:

Deckard w/ his trench coat and cool gun

Roy Batty w/ a dove and a nail through his hand

Gaff w/ an origami unicorn and cane

Rachel

Pris w/the racoon makeup

Zhora in her exotic dancer outfit w/snake

Zhora in the clear plastic coat she got shot in.

Dr. Tyrell

Leon

Oh and a Voight-Kamph machine to find out who's a replicant!

Who else loved this movie! :biggrin:

post-2001-1208360681_thumb.jpg

I loved the Blade Runner film, and watch it whenver it shows up on cable TV. Edward James Olmos did have a William Adama Minimate done, so Gaff would not be a major problem. Harrison Ford as Deckard would be the second Star Wars actor to have a Minimate, as Samuel Jackson just got one as "The Octopus" from the recent "Spirit" film. How about William Sanderson as Sebastian, the fellow who made the living "toys". The Teddy Bear and the Toy soldier would make good Minimates as well.