UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

DST Q & A #8 Answers Discussion thread

Shanester

"A surprise in SD." Eeeeeexcellent.

Interesting answer about DC mates: "If they were interested in licensing it we'd of course listen, but we'd also have to look and see if we thought we'd be able to make a profit on the line."

Does that mean for some reason Marvel mates make money and DC ones don't? Or that DC's licensing fees are too high?

Either way, it doesn't sound like DST's in a huge hurry to court DCD for the license.

Heh. Chuck and I are on the same page with Disney Villains.

People say Disney is girly! B.S.! I mean how many girly movies have people who want to skin puppies for a coat? Or have animals murdering their own brother.

Anyway It's interesting that Chuck hates MJ when that truly awful Mariko exists. Go figure.

so what do we think the surprise will be at SDCC?

Hulk Line revealed?

New Marvel series 24?

maybe the Deadpool and Gambit 2 pack that everyone wants?

let the speculation begin

The surprise will be everyone still campaigning for DCD mates will be sent a dead horse to flog instead :)

T.

Hulk Line revealed?

New Marvel series 24?

The surprise will be everyone still campaigning for DCD mates will be sent a dead horse to flog instead :)

T.

Maybe they'll reveal that Spymaster is being replaced by the obviously better Deadpool or Gambit :P

Hulk Line revealed?

New Marvel series 24?

T.

Maybe they'll reveal that Spymaster is being replaced by the obviously better Deadpool or Gambit :P

Would you like adead horse to flog too? ;)

T.

Hulk Line revealed?

New Marvel series 24?

T.

Would you like adead horse to flog too? ;)

T.

Actually yes. I never get to flog the damn horse. :D

On-topic, it is odd that they stop minimates in the UK at the same time they get Doctor Who.

I doubt they'll wait until SDCC to reveal the Hulk wave -- the movie will have come and gone by then, and it's scheduled to be released in August. I'd guess the same with wave 24. Makes more sense they'd reveal those this weekend at NYCC.

My chips are on a Civil War-themed two pack with minimal new sculpts. Green Goblin played a not-insignificant role as leader of the Thunderbolts in CW; seems like a good opportunity to squeeze out that Masked Goblin we saw a while back. Pairing him with a battle-damaged Iron Spidey seems like a pretty easy call.

Edited by Lobsterman

I doubt they'll wait until SDCC to reveal the Hulk wave -- the movie will have come and gone by then, and it's scheduled to be released in August. I'd guess the same with wave 24. Makes more sense they'd reveal those this weekend at NYCC.

My chips are on a Civil War-themed two pack with minimal new sculpts. Green Goblin played a not-insignificant role as leader of the Thunderbolts in CW; seems like a good opportunity to squeeze out that Masked Goblin we saw a while back. Pairing him with a battle-damaged Iron Spidey seems like a pretty easy call.

I suspect you're right, both in that Hulk mates will show at NYCC and secondly that it will be an exclusive pack at SDCC.

I don't know why but I also get a feeling that we'll either see a new license preview at SDCC or failing that another wacky DST contest.

If it's an exclusive, then what that pack contains is dependent on IF they will have IronMan Mates for sale at SDCC, if not then I expect any exclusives to be IM related. If they do have the regular series then perhaps we'll get a marvel fanboy fave pack perhaps that deadpool/'spymaster variant costume' two pack ;)

*EDIT* I've changed my mind it should be a Skrull 2 pack male and female... That way you could mix the parts into your existing collection and have anyone be a Skrull. Perfect for playing along with Secret Invasion and also ripe for multi pack buys... who doesn't want to make their own Skrull avengers?

T.

I don't know why but I also get a feeling that we'll either see a new license preview at SDCC or failing that another wacky DST contest.

T.

well we know that a new license will not be GI JOE, Star Wars or Indiana Jones. so what the hell could be left?

Edited by murderofcrows

I love the Skrull idea, T. And I threw up in my mouth too, MOC. I'd hope for a different character, but they already have the parts...

I just figured Civil War because it corresponds with the NYCC four-pack, and they did a Zombies two-pack to go with the four-pack last year. And, we know Chuck has been diligently looking for ways to get those unproduced designs from the Target wave out.

But, yeah, the skrull thing would be sweet. I guess that wouldn't be a new tooling, either -- they have a skrull headpiece already.

*EDIT* I've changed my mind it should be a Skrull 2 pack male and female... That way you could mix the parts into your existing collection and have anyone be a Skrull. Perfect for playing along with Secret Invasion and also ripe for multi pack buys... who doesn't want to make their own Skrull avengers?

T.

I would buy at least 5 or 6 of those (if I could find them for a reasonable price). I wonder what lessons DST might have learned from Minimates' past with army builders from the LOTR and BSG lines, though. I've seen the former going for dirt cheap on eBay, and the latter (Cylon 5-pack) used to peg warm my FYE. . .

I just want a naked green chick.

God bless Chuck and his snarky answers.

So, SF is dead. Ghost Rider is dead. STOP ASKING!!!

Ya know, 2 of my questions got skipped. The one about Six I don't mind cause I'll find out soon enough I guess, but I really did want an answer about EUtS Lorraine. :/

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

Ya know, 2 of my questions got skipped. The one about Six I don't mind cause I'll find out soon enough I guess, but I really did want an answer about EUtS Lorraine. :/

For someone who has bitched & has openly disapproved about sex being used in things like Victoria Secret adverts on TV, you sure go on about boobs and nudity a lot...

T.

For someone who has bitched & has openly disapproved about sex being used in things like Victoria Secret adverts on TV, you sure go on about boobs and nudity a lot...

T.

I wouldn't say i bitched so much as...

Well, let me try and put it like this.

The world really IS black and white. It's not in Technicolor. There's only 2 sides to every issue. Right and wrong, good and evil, correct and incorrect.

I just happen to see both sides.

And now I'm gona get lambasted in 3... 2... 1...

The world really IS black and white. It's not in Technicolor. There's only 2 sides to every issue. Right and wrong, good and evil, correct and incorrect.

Once again purely for debate purposes as it's been slow here on the minimate news lately and it's always interesting to see how people 'tick'.

I really hope the above was said in jest, it's hard to tell with you sometimes!

If not I'd be interested to hear you explain the black and white theory a little more as frankly it's incredibly naive to think of the world that way.

T.

p.s. Sorry for taking things off topic!

Once again purely for debate purposes as it's been slow here on the minimate news lately and it's always interesting to see how people 'tick'.

I really hope the above was said in jest, it's hard to tell with you sometimes!

If not I'd be interested to hear you explain the black and white theory a little more as frankly it's incredibly naive to think of the world that way.

T.

p.s. Sorry for taking things off topic!

Indeed. We shall have to continue this elsewhere. perhaps SDCC. When I eventually get to go to conventions again...

*sigh*

Okay people. Back on topic!