TBT's SDCC pix

Apparently a DC booth giveaway but they didn't have any today!!! GRRRRRRRRRR

go and tell them 'in brightest day'.... but save some for me :D

greenlanterndc5.jpg

Ghost rider minimates???

ghostii8.jpg

Speed racer packaging

raceruw3.jpg

Storm1:08 and The Donster.....oh hang on.... no that's Snoopy! (nice shirt!!)

108nutsmu4.jpg

There was other stuff but nothing we havent seen before....

Overall though apart from these a very disapointing minimates SDCC :(

T.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for sharing those photos, Timbo. The DC Minimates are looking good!

After seeing the picture, i now have a case of John Stewart Minimate fever. And the only prescription is a John Stewart Minimate. Or more cowbell...

Arrgh... Less than a 45 minutes, and I'm getting "Page Unavailable"...

Can't wait to see the pics.

Thanks T.

So they can't get stuff out for X3 but they're going for Ghost Rider? Oooooookay.

Never mind - those DC Minimates will own us all anyway.

See if you can find out more about that John Stewart Green Lantern Tim! And, er, get me one, obviously!

Thanks for posting the pix TBT, now i am frantic for one of those John Stewarts

(walks away and sobs)

DC Mates: Aw *Expletive Deleted*

Booth giveaway only.... no advance warning. Short of limiting it to say Silver Spidey numbers or blind-packing a number of characters I can't think of how more annoying they could have done it...

Ghost Rider Mates: THIS is the minimum requirement to convince me a line is coming out, control art or protos, not promises. Not that it's a lock after Batman Begins, but X3 was never in the running.

Speed Racer: Sort of a miss-match IMO to have classic styled toys on New series cards, but that's me...

Yup they seem to have strayed into Mattel territory with the John Stewart thing.

Sod all of the loyal fans who are waiting to actually buy the things, let's just have a giveaway no-oe can get hold of.

Still, the DC protos look very nice indeed.

Two words.

Power Girl's bust!

No wait, that's 3, nevermind!

Sod all of the loyal fans who are waiting to actually buy the things, let's just have a giveaway no-oe can get hold of.

For all we know there are 5000 of these things and they will flood ebay, much like Santa whom there is usually at least one of on ebay.

Ady's probably right. Back when DC used to make their Pocket Super Heroes, they made different exclusives like Superman & Catwoman and gave them away at Toy Fair and conventions. They were easy to get, and easy to find on Ebay afterwards. I'm guessing there's probably a decent number of thes figures to give out.

And I still really want one. Any one who is able to procure me one will be my new best friend for life.

Some more thoughts:

- I will believe the Ghost Rider Movie Minimates exist only when I have them in my hands. I have a feeling that these will end up like the Batman Begins and X3 Minimates, though...

- And since when is Blackheart a guy with a shovel? Does the shovel shoot hellfire?

- Is it wrong for me to look at the Mach 5 Racer and think about how I could make it into a Batmobile?

Some more thoughts:

- I will believe the Ghost Rider Movie Minimates exist only when I have them in my hands. I have a feeling that these will end up like the Batman Begins and X3 Minimates, though...

- And since when is Blackheart a guy with a shovel? Does the shovel shoot hellfire?

- Is it wrong for me to look at the Mach 5 Racer and think about how I could make it into a Batmobile?

lol I totally agree with all of the above..... Esp tha Batmobile... :)

( anyone want to make a bet that Fujis will hold a 'design a batmobile contest' when these are released :rolleyes:B):P )

T.

Thanks for the pics, Tim! (and for the new contest idea ;) )

Yeah, OMAC's hips are a little weird but I'm going to reserve judgment until I see him in person. And I'm with Boyd on the Ghost Rider minis...but seriously, who ever thought that we'd see Nick Cage as a minimate?

And if anyone can get there hands on a Jon Stewart for me I'd be Johnny-on-the-spot with the cash and eternally greateful!

I'm going to go to the DC booth in my minimate shirt and try to charm them in to parting with as many as I can today....

at the end of the weekend I'll do a count up of what I've managed to beg borrow steal and we'll sort out getting them out ot you guys then.

T.

but seriously, who ever thought that we'd see Nick Cage as a minimate?

Great - I just pictured a Minimate with a Nick Cage face, and now I must have one. These Ghost Rider Minimates must come out.

And Timbo - thanks for trying to hook up the board with John Stewarts. Remember - John Stewart = Boyd's Best Friend Fovever.