UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Civil War!!!

Shanester

BTW, does anyone else think that Iron Man looks kinda weird in his unarmored state? It's like he's in his underwear or something.

Having not seen him in the flesh yet ,I have this to look forward to :ohmy: The underpants remind me of his 'Y-Man' incarnation from the 1974 Y-Men Mini-Series 'The 3 Y's-Men' . I still think #3 , ''Y ' Front against the X-Men' is a classic,only surpassed by # 4 'Stark Naked'. :rolleyes:

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having not seen him in the flesh yet ,I have this to look forward to :ohmy: The underpants remind me of his 'Y-Man' incarnation from the 1974 Y-Men Mini-Series 'The 3 Y's-Men' . I still think #3 , ''Y ' Front against the X-Men' is a classic,only surpassed by # 4 'Stark Naked'. :rolleyes:

Stark Naked... Rolls eye's best/worst pun from you yet BHM :)

T.

Wait, where do you get these from? I didn't see them at the store, and my LCS usually gets exclusives some how.

Technically, they're an AFX exclusive, but several other online stores have them too. Definitely don't buy them from most eBay sellers, though. Some are charging up to $30-40.

Edited by cornflakes

Here is a great review from Michael Crawford's Review for those fans of the old minimatecentral Danny turned me on to this site and it is really good. Read and check out his other reviews.

I can't seem to be able to use the link. Try mine http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_041808a.htm.

I'll delete my link when required.

I wonder if he knows that Iron Man has detail under his bulky chest. He never mentioned the removable chest piece.

Already picked them up on EBay :P You know what's a dirty trick though? A lot of seller's are putting the box image in their listing, but saying in the fine print "This is for Iron Man only" or one of the other three charcaters... I had to go back a few times to make sure I was getting the right set. Dirty trick.

I just got mine set, and to be honest, I'm not impressed.

Iron Man -The arm and leg "armors" are just Apocalypse's repainted, which isn't a big deal, but I DON'T like how unnaturally tall Iron Man is compared to my other Avengers line up. And the helmet HAD indentations for where the eyes should be, and they purposefully painted them way below, what the hell? Joints are also super loose, one leg dangles no matter way. probably from the weight of that unnecessarily tall boot. And the colors were very muted, it only has a vibrant red in pictures apparently.

Captain America - It's alright, but we already have a battle damaged cap, and the handcuffs are a little longer, aren't they? Looks more like chains, ala Jacob Marley, lol. Still, not a bad one.

Iron Spidey - Totally missed opportunity to do a cool thing with the three "arms," and the head piece looks kind of over sized when slipped over his head. May have been a good idea to have just made the head the mask, rather than have a slip on. And the eyes are too close together, just a silly looking head all around.

Nitro - He's decent, it's a simple mate with all used pieces, but that's all it needs. It's good in it's simplicity, can't complain much about this one.

At the end of the day Iron man is the one that irritated me most.

Edited by hyejinx1984

I finally ordered my set and it arrived today (with the displeasure of my mother). (why do you need so many of those things? you could be saving that money for other things!!!!) Blah Blah Blah.

But.... on topic

I really like this set. The Captain America is Very detailed and my Favorite of the set. Heck it was the main reason why I bought the set besides the Iron Spider. Nitro Looks good and so does the spidey. I understand why they did the original face then the slip over mask but it still annoys me. They did it since he unmasked but at least go back to how it was with Venom. Two heads! I know its cheaper to make the slip overs but I'll pay the extra dollar for the better look since the heads then seem so big. Now to Iron man. I wasn't a real big iron man fan until the civil war and I was on Caps side but Iron man just appealed to me. But Its a great thing without the armor on and it all scattered around him but with it on he looks more like a hulkbuster! lol. I know they wanted the robot look but at least give him new peices for the exclusive set. Maybe they needed to save money since the iron Man Movie mates have so many new peices. But over all hes still a great mate despite the size and face issues (everyone knows about the mask).

At the end of the Day: 8/10

I finally ordered my set and it arrived today (with the displeasure of my mother). (why do you need so many of those things? you could be saving that money for other things!!!!) Blah Blah Blah.

Ask her to choose Minimates or hard drugs and you'll stick to whichever she chooses for you ;)

I love this boxed set. The Cap is fantastic. The mask is amazing, and so well detailed. And we finally get a hairpeice for him.

I like that Iron Man is bigger than the others tbh, as if you think about it, he should be seeing as most heroes wear a suit of cloth, whereas this is a metal suit full of wiring and machinery. My only small gripe is that the eyes are a touch too low, but I don't think it takes too much away from the figure and stick by the belief that this is the best Iron Man so far.

Now I'm used to Iron Spidey's head I don't think it looks that bad, and I absolutely love this figure. In one respect I like that it doesn't have the tentacles, as it makes it a simpler minimate, and I think it really works well.

Nitro is a great new villian, and well executed. I just think he would be so much better with two of the little explosion accessories.

BTW, does anyone else think that Iron Man looks kinda weird in his unarmored state? It's like he's in his underwear or something.

post-7-1211489885_thumb.jpg

All we have to do now is wait for all the helmet jokes!

T.

post-7-1211489885_thumb.jpg

All we have to do now is wait for all the helmet jokes!

T.

Haven't heard from HAR for some while :P

TBT - I spy the Iron Man DVD rom comics collection back there. I must admit I've become quite the collector of digital comics lately ... (I wish the comic companies would release their entire collections for sale in non-DRM digital format but that's another story...). And to stay on topic, the recently released Civil War collection is a must buy in my opinion.

Unfortunately, DC's Dan Didio recently addressed digital comics at the Seattle convention:

There will be more Who's Who in the future, according to Didio. Then the subject of downloadable comics came up to which Didio replied that, comics being a collectible commodity, digital downloads were not seen as that important right now. However, he did say the DC was staying aware of that area so that should the demand shift they would be ready.

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=156651

• 3 weeks later...

i just got my civil war set today and apart from the irritation of the super tall iron man and spidey not having the extra arms my main coplaint are the MASKS all three got stuck on the heads due to the soft plastic but mainly due to the peg inside it works for hair but when its used on helmets such as iron mans its REALLY hard to get of ,if the peg wasnt there and it was a stiffer plastic it would just slide of :angry:

• 1 month later...