UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Civil War!!!

Shanester

Wouldn't Any red costumed character work? Like Spiderman, Daredevil, Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, Firestar......

I think that all the Mates that have red hands. That's just from Marvel off the top of my head.

I got mine too.....I was going to leave them sealed........that lasted about 2 minutes.

Edited by Fo Shizzle

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wouldn't Any red costumed character work? Like Spiderman, Daredevil, Iron Man, Scarlet Witch, Firestar......

I think that all the Mates that have red hands. That's just from Marvel off the top of my head.

I tried that, but his gloves are really more of a maroon color, and I couldn't quite find any ones that matched right... I dunno. I'm just really weird like that. I think I might just try to get an extra Cap from wave 12 and put his bloody Civil War shield on his wave 12 shield ring. I just wanted to look right RIGHT NOW!

Edited by VivaDCMates

Take the ring off and stick some blu-tac (or whatever it's called in USA) on the shield and attach it to his back. No problem.

I got my set yesterday and am kind of mad at myself for not ordering two cause I don't want to have to pay shipping twice. I want to be able to display Cap and IM in the two different versions cause they are so awesome. Oh well I guess I will snag another when I order my BTTF mates from AFX. This set rocks!

My fiancee surprised me with a "surprise" party for my birthday yesterday and one of my buddys, who actually went to the NYCC, got me 3 Civil War boxed sets as a gift. Thank you mr. Chris!

P.S: Are all the inner left legs of Spidey chest logo missing gold paint? All 3 of my mates are missing this detail. Anybody else?

Edited by MINI_MYTE

My fiancee surprised me with a "surprise" party for my birthday yesterday and one of my buddys, who actually went to the NYCC, got me 3 Civil War boxed sets as a gift. Thank you mr. Chris!

P.S: Are all the inner left legs of Spidey chest logo missing gold paint? All 3 of my mates are missing this detail. Anybody else?

Yep, mine has the same thing.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. :)

Edited by A.J.V.

I got mine yesterday, and I dig them for the most part, but I really don't like the Iron Man very much. He is too tall with the extra feet, and I really think his helmet is weird looking. To a certain extent, I like what they were trying to do, but it just doesn't work for me. I'll probably just keep mine displayed in bare-bones "under-armor" Tony Stark mode, which is pretty excellent. My favorite, by far, is Cap. Such a great toy all the way around.

I got mine yesterday, and I dig them for the most part, but I really don't like the Iron Man very much. He is too tall with the extra feet, and I really think his helmet is weird looking. To a certain extent, I like what they were trying to do, but it just doesn't work for me. I'll probably just keep mine displayed in bare-bones "under-armor" Tony Stark mode, which is pretty excellent. My favorite, by far, is Cap. Such a great toy all the way around.

This is very much how I feel about the Extremis IM in the pack... Although I'm probably more forgiving of the mask.

I'm probably going to be displaying the Fig in tech underwear mode until they release the IM movie mates and then will steal the boots from that if they aren't as tall.

Iron Spidey is great BUT has missing ink on the chest tampo and the eye's look too vertical for my liking.

Cap is def the Gem of the pack and looks great both with and without mask.

Nitro is a nice simple 'we wouldn't get' figure to round out the pack.

T.

Iron Spidey: Fair looking minimate. The missing gold decal is a little annoying. The hairpiece and PP face are a welcomed addition. 7/10

Iron Man: Tony Stark is amazing... unfortunately as Iron Man, this mate leaves me cold. I do not like the Apocalypse boots or gloves for IM. The big chest piece is to smooth for an IM mini. And lastly, the new IM mask decal looks way out of place on top of the old helmet. The old eye and mouth sockets are to distracting. 5/10

Nitro: A boring character (for me personally) but I'll take any new villains. 7/10

Captain America: By far the best mini of the bunch! Love the detail and accessories. 10/10

Edited by MINI_MYTE

Just got mine yesterday. I mostly echo the thoughts of others here. Cap is probably the best, despite my general dislike for battle damaged 'mates. I had planned on cannibalizing him for my regular Cap, but it doesn't look right, unfortunately.

Iron Spidey is probably the biggest disappointment. His eyes look... not right. Probably my least favorite of the many Spidey mates.

Really, the thing I'm most excited about is that I immediately got an extra mate by making a custom Tony Stark (using the 24 Tony Almeda body). And, if I can ever figure out a recipe I like, I'll have a Steve Rogers and Peter Parker as well.

BTW, does anyone else think that Iron Man looks kinda weird in his unarmored state? It's like he's in his underwear or something.

BTW, does anyone else think that Iron Man looks kinda weird in his unarmored state? It's like he's in his underwear or something.

Umm.. but, that is his underwear. I was under the impression he had a liner that appears from inside his body before he dons the armor. Am I right people?

Umm.. but, that is his underwear. I was under the impression he had a liner that appears from inside his body before he dons the armor. Am I right people?

Yeah I just re-read extremis and yes all the 'soft' (gold?) parts of his armor are now stored in the hollows of his bones.

So yeah what we have in the Civ war set is "Techno undies Stark!"

It looks damn cool though and for now at least mine will be displayed that way.

T.

Yeah I just re-read extremis and yes all the 'soft' (gold?) parts of his armor are now stored in the hollows of his bones.

So yeah what we have in the Civ war set is "Techno undies Stark!"

It looks damn cool though and for now at least mine will be displayed that way.

T.

"Stores in the hollow of his bones"!? WTF!? That's just bizarre. Who thinks that? "Well, I need a place to store the soft parts of my armor... I know! How about I hollow out my bones!" I wonder what the other options were.... :unsure:

I think overall, the set is pretty good. The character selection was bound to leave out someone's favorite, considering the story housed just about every major and many minor characters. But I like the selection. You had to have Cap and IM, and tossing in a villain was a good touch. Spidey was a no brainer, since he was going to be showing up sooner or later. Cap got the bulk of the new sculpts with his mask, belt, and boots, with Spidey taking the rest with his mask. The reuse of the Apocalypse parts was, I think, the best compromise they could make regarding IM. The budget probably wasn't there to make new pieces for him, and they couldn't really snag the old C3 Batpilot gauntlets or DCD's Lex boots since it would involve crossing licensing lines that might require money. I do agree that the bulked up chest piece could have used some sculpting and the helmet could have done without the previous indentions, but that's nothing big.

My biggest regret about the set is that this is the best Cap we've ever gotten, and we likely won't see a version of him without all the damage. The detailing on the mask is the best yet, and the chainmail and stripes were done better here than in the New Avengers wave.

"Stores in the hollow of his bones"!? WTF!? That's just bizarre. Who thinks that? "Well, I need a place to store the soft parts of my armor... I know! How about I hollow out my bones!" I wonder what the other options were.... :unsure:

Hehe :) yeah it takes some getting used to.

I've borrowed the para below from Wikipedia, go google extremis for more info :)

"After being critically injured during a battle with a nanotech-enhanced foe, Stark injected his nervous system with a modified techno-organic virus to save his own life. This fused Stark's armor to his body, allowing him to store the inner layers of the Iron Man armor in the hollows of his bones as well as control it through direct brain impulses. The Extremis enhancement has turned Stark into a cyborg, whereby the usage of his existing lockchip (a personal area networking implement implanted in his forearm) is directly integrated into his nervous system."

T.