Civil War!!!

Shanester

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Reideen...

shim.jpg

They look like they're going to break into song....

I was on the fence about this set, but these look pretty great. I'm most excited to be able to make a Tony Stark Custom, probably using the 24 Tony Almeda body.

am I the only one who is disappointed by Iron Man's mask being a repaint? I really don't like that there is extra sculpting on there that the new face is just randomly printed on. They could have just used one of the pieces that was used for spidey. Oh well the set still looks fantastic, so Ill prob get it if I can.

am I the only one who is disappointed by Iron Man's mask being a repaint? I really don't like that there is extra sculpting on there that the new face is just randomly printed on. They could have just used one of the pieces that was used for spidey. Oh well the set still looks fantastic, so Ill prob get it if I can.

I agree that the painted face doesn't seem to match the sculpted one, but the same thing happened with MK Daredevil. I think everyone is just letting that slide due to the sheer amount of other stuff they are getting from these figures.

I think everyone is just letting that slide due to the sheer amount of other stuff they are getting from these figures.

Yeah I agree, I just want everything else. Plus from a distance it looks like you won't be able to be tell. Hopefully, the others look a little better. The one in the pic just looks like they didn't color in the lines too well.

I'm not a 100% sure (cause there was no front shot) but Cap's hairpiece looks to be Biff Tannen's from the first BTTF set. Am I right Shanester?

It's a repaint of George McFly's from the 1955 2-pack

The George McFly piece was on the proto art figure, but I think that this one if Biff's.

Those look fantastic. I'm so pleased to see the stripes go all the way around Cap's body. That was a real let down on the wave 12 figure. The shield looks great covered in Pro-registration heroes blood.

Iron Man is just stunning. That's all I need to say.

Nitro looks good as another villain. I'm never gonna complain about getting a new villain.

Spidey looks great. I'm so pleased that we got this version of the suit.

I'm not a 100% sure (cause there was no front shot) but Cap's hairpiece looks to be Biff Tannen's from the first BTTF set. Am I right Shanester?

It's a repaint of George McFly's from the 1955 2-pack

The George McFly piece was on the proto art figure, but I think that this one if Biff's.

I think it might be Biff's. George's hair is pointy in the back.

Edited by God Magnus

Hey guys, quick question: AFX has this listed as an exclusive after NYCC. Of course, they've also had other items that were "exclusive" that were readily available on other sites, for less money. Doesn anyone know if this is the case for this set as well, or is AFX indeed the only game in town?

Hey guys, quick question: AFX has this listed as an exclusive after NYCC. Of course, they've also had other items that were "exclusive" that were readily available on other sites, for less money. Doesn anyone know if this is the case for this set as well, or is AFX indeed the only game in town?

The short answer is that these are AFX exclusive in that AFX & DST worked together to bring you this set and no one else will have them initially.

However, what seems to happen is that if AFX has surplus stock after a while they talk to Diamond and have them solicited in Previews and that's how they get a wider distribution.

T.

The short answer is that these are AFX exclusive in that AFX & DST worked together to bring you this set and no one else will have them initially.

However, what seems to happen is that if AFX has surplus stock after a while they talk to Diamond and have them solicited in Previews and that's how they get a wider distribution.

T.

I see... so the best/only place to get these quickly and inexpensively is probably AFX.

Yeah as I thought. Box is George McFly Hair piece, figure is Biff Tannen hairpiece.

Thanks for taunting us Shane, err, i mean ..posting the pics for us

;)

I can see quite a bit of customising potential in this set. Can't wait to get hold of some.

I am truly stoked about this set! (and truly concerend about being able to score three sets...)

My concern is Iron Spidey's head. Spider-Man and his many variants have always been a basic MiniMate body. If Iron Spidey has a slip-on mask, his head will look over-sized when lined up with all the other Spider-Men.

I am truly stoked about this set! (and truly concerend about being able to score three sets...)

My concern is Iron Spidey's head. Spider-Man and his many variants have always been a basic MiniMate body. If Iron Spidey has a slip-on mask, his head will look over-sized when lined up with all the other Spider-Men.

Guess you'll need to score somewhere around 20 of these sets to make masks for all the other Spider-Men.

OMG! my friend who went today is holding the civil war and defender sets for me til tommorrow and its driving me KRAZY!! i want my IRON SPIDEY!!! * goes crazy*