UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Civil War!!!

Shanester

The box has some great images of the minis inside. Much better than my photos!

box.jpg?t=1207452778

pack4.jpg?t=1207452962

pack3.jpg?t=1207453001

tray.jpg?t=1207453052

Lets start with...NITRO!

nitro.jpg?t=1207453163

nitroclose.jpg?t=1207453205

nitroback.jpg?t=1207453233

Nitro is new to the Minimate world and is a nicely detailed figure. He comes with a flame attachment for his hand.

Captain America an outlaw? Sad, but true...

cap1.jpg?t=1207453785

Great detail to Cap's torn mask and tattered uniform. Its odd to see cuffs on Cap.

capclose.jpg?t=1207453819

Captain America comes with a hair piece if you want to take his mask off. The hair piece is a little odd as it has a blonde "flap" below the hair line. I prefer the tattered mask.

capback.jpg?t=1207453851

Cap's bloody shield is a nice little detail for this well crafted figure.

capshld.jpg?t=1207454415

Next we have the Iron Spider-Man.

ispidey1.jpg?t=1207453890

Iron Spidey comes with both a slip-on mask and a hair piece.

ispidey2.jpg?t=1207453943

Iron Spidey's gold paint around the eyes, feet and hands, is hard to photograph. Its very light and translucent. It could be darker, but has a nice detail when you look closely at it.

ispideyback2.jpg?t=1207453983

The tentacle attachments to Iron Spidey's suit are painted on in back...

Last, but not least... IRON MAN!

imfront.jpg?t=1207454050

There are lots of parts to this version of Iron Man. Tony comes with a new hair piece, regular hands, regular feet, and an all new set of armor.

imback.jpg?t=1207454090

The mask is the version already released, but painted with a more "modern" Iron Man detail.

im3-1.jpg?t=1207454118

The new armored pieces are great, but the feet/legs are tall and make Iron Man a bit tall. Its odd to have him taller than Hulk...

imhulk.jpg?t=1207454165

This is a fantastic set, especially for the Civil War fans.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iron Man's mask looks a little strange to me, in a way that I didn't notice from the pics on the box. The eyebrow-type things, eyes, and mouth make him look a little sad, but he has that line coming out from the mouth that sort of looks like a smile. . .actually, he looks a bit like Bicentennial Man:

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm292985856/tt0182789

I think that Iron Man sans mask looks bad ass, though. I also dig that Cap has a utility belt, so I can buy an extra to put on regular series 12 Cap.

Edited by karamazov80

Sweet pics Shane, love them all my only gripe is spideys arms but im sure we'll get some customs popping up and Petes hair peice is gonna look awesome on Hal Jordon

Thanks for the review and pics,Shanester.

They look really cool, especially Iron Man with all that detail.Of course I like the others too.

I can't wait to get my hand on these when they are available online or from the new contest. :)

I'm not a 100% sure (cause there was no front shot) but Cap's hairpiece looks to be Biff Tannen's from the first BTTF set. Am I right Shanester?

It's a repaint of George McFly's from the 1955 2-pack

Pictures look awesome can't wait to own them. Is the hairpiece on Tony the sandman one? It's nice that they finally put the correct boots on Cap I just got an extra JSA Flash and put those on him up til now.

Edited by minimadman

so a couple of people have expressed an interest in getting their hands on a couple of these packs, for amongst other reasons, upgrading cap with new boots and belt. I too think this is a good idea, and would love to, i've been bothered by his lack of height. will, however, this be pheasible? do we reckon they'll be enough to go around?

it's no trouble to get hold of a defenders set for dirt cheap on ebay (i myself have one, still in the box it came in... which i bought by accident, believe it or not!), but with only 2000 of these, will it be the same story? i'm just worried about not getting one set at the moment, being in UK an' all, let alone another cap.

btw... my cap has a spare US agent belt at the moment