UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate compatibility thread

Hey, since Iron Man was brought up, does anyone know of any Minimate-sized wine bottles and glasses?

If there is a Hobby lobby in your area you could look through the miniature stuff that they make for doll houses.

those are all too big, trust me i have wanted a bottle for Tony for years and still cant find one

Col. Tigh from BSG came with a bottle.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted this in my customs thread, but thought it should go here too.

Here is Hobby with the glider from current 3 3/4 Spider-Man series "Air Assault Hobgoblin":

hobgoblin.jpg

It's slightly too big, but it is a closer scale than I thought it would be.

Edited by youbastards

I bet you could take the bat head from that Glider, throw it on the current 'mate one and slap a shiny purple coating on it. I might get the figure just to try that.

It's slightly too big, but it is a closer scale than I thought it would be.

I think it only looks "too big" because of those foot loops. If you cut 'em off and replaced them with lego pegs (or maybe just sculpted over the holes" it'd look fine, I mean, I don't know how small the 616 gliders are supposed to be (honestly, the one with Menace looks a little too small to me) but wouldn't a jet designed to carry a man around need to be a little on the large side?

Yeah, you're right, it's the foot loops that throws off the scale. I think with those gone then the scale would definitely be closer.

I just don't like the look of the Menace glider for Green Goblin and Hobby, it doesn't have that Goblin Glider feel that comes with the wings.

I'll take a stab at modifying it this weekend.

Edited by youbastards

Which of these 3 Goblin Gliders works the best?

Marvel Universe Green Goblin?

muglider.jpg

Capsule Toy Green Goblin Glider?

capsuleglider.jpg

Marvel Figure Factory Green Goblin?

factoryglider.jpg

I'm looking for other suggestions if you have them. Not looking for Lego recipes, just currently (or previously) produced gliders.

I'd say the figure factory glider looks the best by far... but its certainly too big, even the capsule toy glider is slightly too big. Gobby's feet have always been near or even at the edges of his glider... unless he happened to be using a special large one for some reason.

in terms of scale and appearance... the mega bloks goblin glider is essentially perfect, its what i've got Greenie on, with Hobgoblin on a spare Menace glider

• 1 month later...
This is a couple of Mini-Mutant TMNT sets that link together. A couple of accessory pieces are a bit bothersome, but I think I can remove them or hide them. Scale seems pretty good AND you get 2 levels! :biggrin:

These sets look great. What do they go for?

This is a couple of Mini-Mutant TMNT sets that link together. A couple of accessory pieces are a bit bothersome, but I think I can remove them or hide them. Scale seems pretty good AND you get 2 levels! :biggrin:

These sets look great. What do they go for?

I got the pair for about $20. There aren't a lot out there that I can see, but they don't seem to be in overwhelming demand, either.

I'm not sure but ......... "never pay full price for a late pizza"

I'm loving these dioramas you keep posting Gramps.

Thanks! One of my favorite things to do with all the different figures and scales I collect is to shoot diorama shots or short photo stories, so good or bad, there will be more. :)

Here is a pic of the playset based on the movie "G-Force". Works pretty well for the Minis, I think. Doesn't seem to be that common, but it's worth keeping an eye out for. Could be used for SciFi, Training Room, etc. I'll be posting more pics on the "Gramps' toons and Diorama pics thread."

post-3660-1279669168_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
I got a 2" Green Goblin(I got lucky on my first try because it's 1:8) in one of those toy vending machines at Safeway, here's a picture of the glider:

post-2183-1237523412_thumb.jpg

I didn't cut off the tabs so that you all know what it looks like. Here are some on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=360091046997

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=200320591001

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=370068608063

Are these still available? Curious about the price as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Not bad. Has anyone done any repaint work on those Sesame Street sets yet? A quick "wet brush" would really make those sculpted details stand out. Same thing goes for those Hot Wheels sets. The detail is there. A few very simple painting techniques would really make a world of difference with these.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was debating on getting this Star Trek Model bridge set for my minimates. My friend has that setup and it looks really nice. But then it was a lot of work, dropping about 25 for the specific one I liked and it was a model that required painting.

Instead I saw his 2009 movie Bridge set. It's a little big size and scale wise, but it fits my needs. Picked it up at Biglots for 10 bucks along with 2 of the figures so I could have 2 more consoles. I cut the mat down some and was able to fit in inside my IKEA Deltolf case. Now I can finally display my star trek mates in a nice fashion.

I saw the Super Hero Squad Quinjet today at TRU while not perfect I think it will work pretty well with Minimates.

I bought one, and it's pretty big. Plus, there's no buckle or anything for them, so the figures slide around quite a bit. But it's probably the closest we're going to get to a Minimates Quinjet, so I'll take it.

Also just bought the SHS headquarters, AKA the Shield Helicarrier. That works much better with Minimates (though of course it's ridiculously out of scale if you think of the size of the actual Helicarrier in the comics). I believe it's on sale for $25 at TRU through the weekend.