UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate compatibility thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally I wouldn't touch Superhero Squad with a ten-foot pole (used to be for personal reasons, now it's because I need the money for more Minimates :P), but I have to admit that lamppost accessory does look pretty handy.

But... now I wish DST would take a similar approach. I know they might probably never consider selling new characters as single-packs (except maybe army-builder variants), but maybe they could include larger "set-piece"-style accesories like mailboxes, broken debris, coughhoverchairscough...

Boy, it's so hard to tell with SHS -- some things look fine, others too chunky. Tell you what, I do have very limited SHS collection (mostly Spidey stuff) and I'm going to have acquire that lamp post. I'll let you know how it looks with 'Mates.

I was just browsing through Iron-Cow's customs site and I discovered something pretty cool :D

I remembered how a couple months back he said in the Doctor Who thread that he had some downloadable instructions for a do-it-yourself TARDIS. Well, I just found out that he also had some Batman-related downloads that could work just fine as-is for Minimates: Joker's giant playing card, Two-Face's giant quarter, and the Batcomputer!

I'm thinking about trying out the Batcomputer download, but I still have to make sure if it needs to be re-sized accordingly for 'mates. Has anybody else tried this?

• 2 weeks later...

Imaginext Green Lantern jet is a decent fit.. you can put two minis inside (as if Hal was carrying his JLA friends through space).

Batman Brave and Bold Minifigs(real name?) the batmobile for the little figures works well for Minimates.. it works better than the figures that come with it since they can't bend.. weird toy line.

Can I say that i miss DC Minis? :)

Well on Friday my class had the weekly draw wheere if you win,you get to choose something from the mysters prize box!and I WON!What I chose was a all grown up little arcade machiene and to my suprise it is in scale with minimates!heres a pic:

post-3280-1266275543_thumb.jpg

post-3280-1266275711_thumb.jpg

Edited by darkredshdow

• 3 weeks later...

As i am always on the look out for fun things that fit with minimates. Today I found something that I think is freaking amazing...

I am sure everyone has seen the metric ton of IM2 stuff. Well today I noticed that the outstanding War Machine 3.75 figure had a couple of extras that my War Machine Minimate desperately needed....so I present.

Standard War Machine Minimate....

IMG_4742.jpg

pretty outstanding figure

noooooow....here is Standard War Machine Minimate with IM2 War Machine blast effects....

IMG_4740.jpg

IMG_4741.jpg

pretty awesome right?

moc847

To be fair, the Marvel Legends War Machine also came with the missile and gatteling gun blast effects, plus replusors, and boot jets. Obviously those are way, way too big for a minimate though. Unfortunately, that figure was based more on Rhodey's appearance in the out of continuity mini-series U.S. War Machine than the 616 armor. Double unfortunately, the IM2 comics series War Machine is based directly on the IM mk XI md 1, the Stark worn model that Rhodey never wore.

All that said, it is still really cool that new blast effects will fit!

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks. I had thought of the Minimate stuff, but not the Palz. I guess I'm looking for somthing more fancy and generic than that. I can't remember who, but there was a Star Wars figure recently that had a glass with liquid (some were clear and others weren't).

Forthcoming Jabba barge R2 comes with multiple shot glasses:

http://cgi.ebay.com/R2-D2-KUBRICK-STAR-WAR...=item45f1dea8f8

Thanks. if anything it jogged my memory enough to remember it was Hammerhead that came with a clear/blue glass.

So, don't Legos get drunk? You'd think this would be an easy accessory to find-from my experience most people that are plastic are usually heavy drinkers to cover up their insecurities.

Hey, since Iron Man was brought up, does anyone know of any Minimate-sized wine bottles and glasses?

If there is a Hobby lobby in your area you could look through the miniature stuff that they make for doll houses.

those are all too big, trust me i have wanted a bottle for Tony for years and still cant find one