UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate compatibility thread

From the Batpod pic and the AIM Guy's bike, they look pretty small... but for some reason the Batcycle is a perfect fit! I unscrewed off the Bat-side-car, it got in the way and wasn't in scale. <_< I still want that Batpod though.

NorthRaider, you should put Ghost Rider on that.

I think minimates fit better on the 66 Batcycle because its more "friendly" to the mates articulation. The pod requires a posture that a minimate cant quite get into. Bat's looks better standing next to it than on it for sure.

NorthRaider- I bought the same bike in black ($0.99 cant go wrong) for a Ghost Rider bike that I'm going to get around to making one of these days.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rheul, I've been thinking of getting that black Hot Wheels chopper myself. I could never find that variant though, I always seem to miss it.

Thankfully though I don't have to worry too much about Ghost Rider's ride anymore, thanks to this haul from a few months ago:

e29c099e.jpg

5ff8ca2d.jpg

At the very least one of these bikes would be a good match for the Ghost Rider from the Champions set. (I seriously can't decide between the two of them, the one on the right is more comic-accurate kinda but the left one has a SKULL! And FLAMES!) The only problem with them is the handlebars: too thick for Minimate hands, and you can't file them down because they're frickin' metal. They're still excellent to display though, once I get my Champions set there'll be a shiny new ride waiting for Johnny Blaze.

Now if only I can get my hands on some more sweet miscellaneous Minimate-sized bikes, I've now become obsessed with amassing plenty of them. Apparently my small dream of starting a mini-motocross rally has finally taken over my head :lol: My current grail right now: a mini-Vespa scooter for that Amadeus Cho minimate we're never going to get ;)

The bike with the Skull and Flames is more GHOST RIDER movie-accurate... you should try painting those flames.

The bike with the Headlight and Flame Design is more JOHNNY BLAZE movie-accurate... aka Grace.

But yeah, Headlight and Flame Design would look better for Champ GR.

Okay... that black bike IS excellent :thumbsup: Now I definitely have to find that one.

Is it bad that I only want the bike from here for my minimates, with absolutely no regard for its MIB collector's value? Dammit, stupid 1:64 bike obsession <_<

• 5 weeks later...

Kubrick accessories have been known to fit Minimate hands well enough, though I can't name any music-themed ones with instruments.

Stikfas instruments might be both too tall and too wide for Minimate hands. Plus the music-themed kits are becoming tough to find nowadays.

Then there's that Smiti minifig line that made full sets (instruments and mini-stage included) for KISS, Metallica, No Doubt and other bands, though they may not fit Minimate hands. You can find discussion on these minis in this thread.

Other than that, I can't think of any other musical instruments available at the Minimate scale.

Man... I bought two of those Hot Wheel bikes, the first one being the red one NR has, and the second one being the awesome black one Rheul has.

The first one broke immediately after I took it out of the box (I knew I shouldn't have trusted an opened figure!!! :angry: )

And the second one I left in my comic shop's freebies section... only god knows what happened to that. :(

BTW Kamsm8, wasn't there that website I think Fujis or Luke posted that had a lot of minimate scale stuff?

Edited by Captain Minimate

I want t get the Sideswipe HA for this very reason.

An unaccessorised Minimate can just about fit in Sideswipe, but it's tighter due to the car being a lot lower than Bumblebee. Hopefully the HA Barricade will have a bit more room when it's announced, as the T-1000 'mates would look great in that.

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot believe I did not see my favorite compatible figure. The Marvel Legends BAF of the Sentinel is awesome, big, and really looks like it is in a good scale. It is very close if not the same scale as one of the earlier posts of the sentinel head a few pages back. Of course it is a rather expensive accessory if you do not already own one, since it was majorly sought after. I have mine trying to kill Wolverine. Of course I have about 25 more Wolverines, so what is one Wolverine in the great world of Minimates?

There are some great ideas out there. I guess I will have to walk around TRU with a minimate in my pocket just in case I see something good. :)

Thanks all for sharing. Can't wait to see what else comes up.

• 4 weeks later...

Don't know if this has been posted, but I just found this site that makes GI-Joe scale accessories, some of which seem like they would be great with Minimates.

http://www.marauderinc.com/servlet/StoreFront

In particular, their Luger pistol might look great with Dr. Doom and Red Skull

Also, did anyone ever order anything from that site a couple pages back (the ones with the forklift?)

Edited by Shamrock

Marauder's makes some very cool weapons. They have a Megatron-type gun you can use with Cobra Commander, and a very nifty imitation of 1985 Snake Eyes' sword, in case yours got lost in a sandbox somewhere (mine did, sadly). The original has to be one of the most difficult to find ARAH Joe accessories there are.

Not sure how well they would fit into Minimate hands, though (not sure how thin they are). Some might fit better than others. I think I have that Luger at home somewhere, so I may try it out if I do.

DSC05949.jpg

Now it makes sense why Scott has that bewildered look about him. He's the one who's had to mow the grounds of the Xavier Institute all these years. Bummer dude.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

• 2 weeks later...