UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate compatibility thread

And the (must own) penguins came from where?

Heh heh, to get those penguins I actually had to crack open this really old snowglobe-candleholder... thing that's been sitting in our bathroom since forever. Not sure if penguins really are that goofy-looking in real life, as for their size I just imagine that they're Adele penguins.

I shall name them Jim, Tim, Mim and... Eustace :lol:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if penguins really are that goofy-looking in real life,

Which makes them a perfect fit in the Miniverse. Particularly Eustace.

And how did the family take the loss of their heritage snowglobe/candle holder?

Eh, you can buy those things by the bulk in China. Besides, things in our house always had the tendency to disappear spontaneously... what's one cheap little candleholder when we've lost a whole Vespa scooter at one point?

Not my stuff though... usually everything I own is in such a convoluted state of disarray that nothing can escape :P

• 2 weeks later...

About 2 years ago i was collecting these WWE Micro Aggression 3 Pack and each one comes with an accessory. I then found minimates (thanks ghostbusters) and these chairs, shopping kart, ladders, and tables are in scale. check it out

mm1.jpg

mm2.jpg

mm3.jpg

mm4.jpg

mm5.jpg

Hahaha, what a coincidence!

I just got myself the Micro Aggression pack with the shopping cart yesterday! :D Been meaning to get it for the longest time so I could pull off that

Jackass

photoshoot I've been meaning to do :lol: Next I'm thinking of saving up for the sets with the folding chair and trash can and maybe the broken TV.

Anyway I resumed much of my hunting for in-scale stuff over the past couple of weeks, and I turned up some interesting finds I sadly could not afford (yet).

Will be posting scale pics of my finds in a bit. Stupid Photobucket.

Okay, here are these pics I sort-of promised...

First was this pirate ship (around $20):

th_DSC03656.jpg th_DSC03657-1.jpg th_DSC03658-1.jpg

The minifigs looked like this odd cross between Kubricks and Lego minifigs.

Then there was this good-sized but garish-looking doll set (just around $3):

th_DSC03664.jpg th_DSC03665.jpg th_DSC03666.jpg th_DSC03667.jpg th_DSC03668.jpg

Amazingly, the bathroom fixtures and gym equipment were practically the perfect size for mates. Now if only they could fix that color...

A jungle safari jeep (with vines and everything... $2):

th_DSC03695.jpg

Finally, here's some stuff I actually bought last week:

DSC03672.jpg

A Wave 25 variant pack, more garage sets and some die-cast bikes. Ghost Rider now has two Hellcycles! :D

P.S. Here's some additional "compatibility" threads I dug up in the Marvel section... probably a good idea to add them to the first post:

Stands/Displays - http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=1145

Doom's Castle - http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=1507

punisher's Bank Diorama (the Mega Bloks one) - http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=2997

Quick fixes for a Goblin Glider - http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=3096

A MASS device for Doom (:P) - http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.php?showtopic=4107

hey guys , i just ryed putting the gun from the indiana jones action figure into a minimates hand and it fits snugly. in fact most of the accosories for that sive figure work well

Edited by kurtman

I know it's nothing new to use Transformers Alternators with Minimates, but I thought I'd put up some pics to show that they also work with movie Human Alliance Bumblebee. As long as the Minimate in question isn't too bulked up with accessories, it can fit in fine.

P8080175.jpg

P8080177.jpg

P8200180.jpg

SizeComparison-1.jpg

Here's a size comparison with the figure included in the set. You could probably find a better head for a Sam Witwicky custom.

I know it's nothing new to use Transformers Alternators with Minimates, but I thought I'd put up some pics to show that they also work with movie Human Alliance Bumblebee. As long as the Minimate in question isn't too bulked up with accessories, it can fit in fine.

P8080175.jpg

P8080177.jpg

P8200180.jpg

SizeComparison-1.jpg

Here's a size comparison with the figure included in the set. You could probably find a better head for a Sam Witwicky custom.

I want t get the Sideswipe HA for this very reason.

I finaly got my SDCC 2009 swag this week and was able to snap some pics of Ghost Rider with this little beauty I snagged on eBay. It's one of the movie Ghost Rider Titanium motorcycles. Grace I believe is it's name. Anyway, it's not a perfect fit, but it's the closest thing (IMO) that looks amazing with the classic JB GR. Enjoy!

th_gr1.jpgth_gr2.jpg

th_gr3.jpgth_gr4.jpgth_gr5.jpg

Edited by MINI_MYTE

• 1 month later...

I'm fairly certain this has been tried before, but it's new to me and thus awesome for the moment. :D

Was at a local collector event recently bemoaning the lack of Minimates when I came across a Superhero Squad Doc Ock for $1 in a bargain bin. Picked it up idly and noticed the "tentacle walk" tentacle assembly seemed to just be glued or pegged onto his back. Bought it, went home, and some dabs of super glue and one rubber band [to hold it in place for the superglue to dry and fuse] later...

10112009718.th.jpg

It actually works pretty well -- after I unplugged the SHS tentacle arm base out of the figure's back and rummaged around to find a spare Minimate Ock fat suit in a parts box, I found that the plug itself fit neatly between the fat suit's four tentacle ports/bases [there was some shaving off the edges of the plug to make it close in more snugly but that might not be 100% necessary].

[this photo also features my Movie Bullseye quick custom -- really ought to meet up with someone who can paint him a goatee and a Cletus Kassidy quick custom, with the w24 Eddie Brock head that seems to suit Cletus more.]

Edited by lastmaximal

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, basically most of the motorcycle-type vehicles Hot Wheels puts out had been a consistently good fit (albeit a bit short in stature scale-wise) for Minimates. Odd though, I don't recall ever seeing that Batpod one. Can't tell if it's new or if I just have really rotten luck, I'm not a Hot Wheels collector.

Odd though, I don't recall ever seeing that Batpod one. Can't tell if it's new or if I just have really rotten luck, I'm not a Hot Wheels collector.

Its part of Series II of the Batman 1:50 collection. The same series as the 1966 Batboat. I've been looking for the pod for a while. At least since May or June, the 1989 Batplane too. I found them both yesterday for the first time. I dont know if they're short packed or if Hot Wheels releases their stuff in partial waves and this is the first these are turning up. Either way, now I need the Super Friends Batmobile. I'm passing on the camo tumbler though. Heres a pic.

post-679-1256902828_thumb.jpg

There's a battle damaged Batman in the pic so its not totally off topic ;)

Ooooh, thanks for the pic. Much of that series definitely sounds familiar, I think I've only ever seen them at local conventions though. Now I've got a Batpod (and Batcycle) to track down.

To keep this post on-topic, here's another Minimate-sized Hot Wheels cycle:

fa913063.jpg

From the Batpod pic and the AIM Guy's bike, they look pretty small... but for some reason the Batcycle is a perfect fit! I unscrewed off the Bat-side-car, it got in the way and wasn't in scale. <_< I still want that Batpod though.

NorthRaider, you should put Ghost Rider on that.