UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate compatibility thread


Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, funkguerilla said:

Most of it doesn't because as Augie mentioned, it's too small.  However, I've found that some incidental stuff scales pretty alright - crates, oil drums, the occasional computer console -  so don't totally write the 40k stuff off.  I just bought some Reaper Miniatures spell effects and they look awesome.

PIC!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/13/2020 at 8:49 AM, buttheadsmate said:

Somewhere in my stash I have a big Sentinel head that I bought from an US ebay seller ...bigger than the Legends item of which I have several ......somewhere :rolleyes: 

That doesn't help you . Check out what is on offer on US ebay when you tap in 'sentinel head ' , there seems to be a couple of options that might help.

I'd love one of those haslab items but maybe its good that its US buyers only :confused:

 

 

you actually helped a lot!  i found a file online that i had a friend print out and he already dropped it off.  Looks good too!  i have to sand and paint it but that can be fun.

https://steemit.com/comics/@saywha/3d-printed-sentinel-head-prop-2018-07-24-00-25-44

thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

PIC!!!

Yeah dude, here's the assortment:

N1lEaCU.jpg

 

As you can see, the spell effects scale pretty nicely (I'm gonna use them for a Dr. Strange pic) where as the objects are close enough.  The Dumpster is a tad small, but works well enough and the concrete barrier works for what it needs to be.  Meanwhile, that big tombstone statue might be a little too small for it's own good, but I can still figure something out.

I got'em from Atomic Empire online, but they're all readily available at gaming stores so you got options if you want to dive in. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, funkguerilla said:

Yeah dude, here's the assortment:

N1lEaCU.jpg

 

As you can see, the spell effects scale pretty nicely (I'm gonna use them for a Dr. Strange pic) where as the objects are close enough.  The Dumpster is a tad small, but works well enough and the concrete barrier works for what it needs to be.  Meanwhile, that big tombstone statue might be a little too small for it's own good, but I can still figure something out.

I got'em from Atomic Empire online, but they're all readily available at gaming stores so you got options if you want to dive in. 

These are great! Funny enough the dumpsters look like apartment sized dumpsters for brownstones. So if you have any of those shots thought up that works. If you add the tombstone to another piece it could be taller and then work that way. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/13/2020 at 7:36 PM, funkguerilla said:

Man, with that Master Mold head and a handful of minimate sentinels, you'd have a very epic and pretty scale accurate scene.  Can't wait to see what you do with it. 

I hadn’t thought of that. Unfortunately the ML Sentinels don’t ship for another year.

But hey, I’ve already got a dozen or so Minimate sentinels to hold me over until then.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

did anybody end up trying the playmobil ghostbuster stuff with minimates or any of the playmobil vehicles or building for that matter?

Crap! Someone did but I couldn’t find it with a scan. Maybe in the Ghost Busters thread?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/16/2020 at 9:29 PM, Polarboy said:

did anybody end up trying the playmobil ghostbuster stuff with minimates or any of the playmobil vehicles or building for that matter?

I'm curious about the Back to the Future Delorean set. Wonder if it scales well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, cylonchaney said:

Minimates are almost exactly the same height as a playmobil child. I use playmobil horses for my dollars trilogy mates. They're a little big but good enough for me. I think the vehicles would be too over scale personally. Furniture  is hit and miss.

Ikea is similar .

Seriously though .....each year I vacation to the same place in Crete ,it's maybe the only weeks of the year I forget about ...er..everything ... until I pass the toy shop in the nearby town with its real-life child -size Playmobil figure outside:huh:  If it were a Minimate I'd have had it away years ago & my annual pilgrimage holiday isn't complete until I've seen him it.

'Athens Times' Latest:  English kidnapper arrested at airport .....claims that he is insane.....everybody agrees

 

Edited by buttheadsmate
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone tried the LEGO infinity or nano gauntlets with Minimates? I’m hoping to find something compatible to have for Hulk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some of the funko playsets are almost compatible. Back to the Future Clock Tower with Doc Brown I was looking at. The Ghostbusters Firestation looks a tad too small but maybe in a background would be legit. Castle Greyskull.

 

And also these Papercraft Boxos sets could work. Some Star Wars,TMNT... anyone using those?

Playmobil makes a BTTF Clocktower set that actually looks too small. I remember the Ghostbusters forestation for playmobil was too big for minimates like Giant Stairs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's a nice looking ship.  I have the original Halo Pelican (+others) which I found quite easy to modify the cockpit for Minimates .....ironically BSG Minimates rather than Halo or a Quintet.   Old Mega stuff can be fairly cheap if you buy job-lots & aren't too fussed about the boxes which IMHO are way too flimsy too last long other than on a shelf.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/22/2020 at 8:50 AM, buttheadsmate said:

Ikea is similar .

Seriously though .....each year I vacation to the same place in Crete ,it's maybe the only weeks of the year I forget about ...er..everything ... until I pass the toy shop in the nearby town with its real-life child -size Playmobil figure outside:huh:  If it were a Minimate I'd have had it away years ago & my annual pilgrimage holiday isn't complete until I've seen him it.

'Athens Times' Latest:  English kidnapper arrested at airport .....claims that he is insane.....everybody agrees

 

Just reading through this thread. An now I have a mental image of a load of older English guys in a Greek airport trying to get a life sized playmobil figure through customs.

I can just see them sitting around in depatures with a Footie shirt on the figure all drunk going "Shhh! Its cool, everyone act natural, no one expects a thing"

At That point the end music for the original Italian Job movie kicks in.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...