UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate compatibility thread


Recommended Posts

I will say to anyone intending to paint theirs, I put a base coat on them and found when I was applying the real colors, it was taking off the base coat, like the plastic was coated in something that didn't want to keep the paint on. So I had to be more delicate with the painting 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/6/2020 at 9:09 AM, AugieWargo said:

yeah, I started painting one of the sets I have last night.  I had to scrub them and wipe them down with apple vinegar to get the primer to adhere. 

I think I'll do that with my next batch! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
17 hours ago, youbastards said:

Looks like the SHIELD stand from the Marvel Select Winter Soldier figures.  DST could probably make a decent business selling stands and display bases for action figures of various scales.

 

By Jove I think you got it! Another DST figure I buy to sit in the closet as I use the diorama for everything else.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup. Whenever I see a really good price on a Diamond Select figure, I check the base to see if it's something I can use for Minimates or other figures. I have little use for 7" scale figures although the Netflix Daredevil was pretty irresistible. I'm still looking for an MCU Doctor Strange for that Sanctum Sanctorum background.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

Yup. Whenever I see a really good price on a Diamond Select figure, I check the base to see if it's something I can use for Minimates or other figures. I have little use for 7" scale figures although the Netflix Daredevil was pretty irresistible. I'm still looking for an MCU Doctor Strange for that Sanctum Sanctorum background.

It’s stunning! Have you tried Mercari? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Yup. Whenever I see a really good price on a Diamond Select figure, I check the base to see if it's something I can use for Minimates or other figures. I have little use for 7" scale figures although the Netflix Daredevil was pretty irresistible. I'm still looking for an MCU Doctor Strange for that Sanctum Sanctorum background.

I've been tempted by this........... https://www.etsy.com/sg-en/listing/707149363/sanctum-sanctorum-replica-doctor-strange

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

Stunning! I never paid much mind to Etsy until I found a Slayer Scythe that was minimate compatible. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/10/2020 at 1:02 PM, nandoninny said:

well, Haslab announced a 2' tall Sentinel -- anyone else tempted to get one and cover it in minimates?

https://hasbropulse.com/products/x-men-legends-marvel-s-sentinel

I bought three. They’re intended for display with my Marvel Legends, but I’m sure I’ll set up some Minimates around them at some point just for giggles. Those things are massive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Swarm198 said:

I bought three. They’re intended for display with my Marvel Legends, but I’m sure I’ll set up some Minimates around them at some point just for giggles. Those things are massive.

honestly, i'm more interested in just a battle damaged head.

i'd buy one for the head alone and then try to sell the rest.  if you're interested in selling a head let me know.  hopefully each head has its own batteries so i can still light it up.

i may just buy one and then sell it minus a head.  figure looks incredible!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nandoninny said:

honestly, i'm more interested in just a battle damaged head.

i'd buy one for the head alone and then try to sell the rest.  if you're interested in selling a head let me know.  hopefully each head has its own batteries so i can still light it up.

i may just buy one and then sell it minus a head.  figure looks incredible!

I was going to suggest you try & pick up a Marvel Legends Sentinel 'head' accessory  but I checked out eBay I can see that that avenue has closed  . The 'secret' is out :confused:

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, HellfireSamurai said:

Does anyone know how well Warhammer 40k stuff scales with minimates? Mostly interested in knowing about the vehicles.

too small.  they're 28mm.   You might be able to find some miniatures or model kits at 54mm or 1/35 scale.  Most people prefer to us 1/24 or 1/32 scale as those fit better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, HellfireSamurai said:

Does anyone know how well Warhammer 40k stuff scales with minimates? Mostly interested in knowing about the vehicles.

Most of it doesn't because as Augie mentioned, it's too small.  However, I've found that some incidental stuff scales pretty alright - crates, oil drums, the occasional computer console -  so don't totally write the 40k stuff off.  I just bought some Reaper Miniatures spell effects and they look awesome.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

I was going to suggest you try & pick up a Marvel Legends Sentinel 'head' accessory  but I checked out eBay I can see that that avenue has closed  . The 'secret' is out :confused:

damn.  i did google it and found some 3d files of some people have made.  plus, i think its going to be a long neck that goes into the head and the lights will most likely be part of the neck.

we'll see.  probably best if i just try to find a 3d file i like.  way cheaper than $350 i guess.  but it is a damn cool toy.  i bought a huge ashley wood 3a robot years ago but its so big i can't really display it anywhere.  this is probably about the same size if not bigger.

but thanks for the alternative suggestion!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Somewhere in my stash I have a big Sentinel head that I bought from an US ebay seller ...bigger than the Legends item of which I have several ......somewhere :rolleyes: 

That doesn't help you . Check out what is on offer on US ebay when you tap in 'sentinel head ' , there seems to be a couple of options that might help.

I'd love one of those haslab items but maybe its good that its US buyers only :confused:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

I'd love one of those haslab items but maybe its good that its US buyers only :confused:

If it's anything like the Sail Barge, they'll offer a very limited time, blink-and-you'll-miss-it opportunity for overseas backers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/12/2020 at 8:07 AM, Swarm198 said:

I bought three. They’re intended for display with my Marvel Legends, but I’m sure I’ll set up some Minimates around them at some point just for giggles. Those things are massive.

Man, with that Master Mold head and a handful of minimate sentinels, you'd have a very epic and pretty scale accurate scene.  Can't wait to see what you do with it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...