UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate compatibility thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw those mini-statues yesterday at Walmart. They looked boring, but the figs were $1 each or a 5-pack for $5. By the Batman picture. I think mates may be close to scale with the cave.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2017 at 9:50 AM, hellpop said:

I just saw that Playmobil is finally starting to make licensed products, starting with Ghostbusters and How to Train Your Dragon:

http://popvinyls.com/2017/02/24/toy-fair-17-ghostbusters-train-dragon-playmobil/

I think Playmobil scales quite well with Minimates, so this should be good news, particularly for everyone holding out for a Minimate Ecto-1.  Here's a pic:

IMG_8216.png

Has anyone bought the Playmobil Ghostbusters stuff yet? TRU has a 20% deal today, but the more I look, the more I question the scale. I am thinking just the firehouse, but....

Thanks! Were those online? I was hoping to see one with a mate inside the Firehouse. The exterior shot looks more promising than expected.

Looking at the pictures of the Playmobil figures, the stairs are the height of their ankles, so a mate's knee?

• 2 weeks later...

This is a bit of an odd idea I cam up with, but I was looking in a junk shop a while back and noticed a bunch of cabinets that were used to display tea spoons and thought that if these were hung upside down they might be suitable for minimates.

117_zpsteluzgbf.jpg

I'm pretty pleased with the result (they could have been hung straighter lol) but the only one that sort of doesn't fit is 90's xavier in the chair.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, I was at Michaels the other day and found some fun stuff for some spooky setups.  Check it out:

3ixnYJ7.jpg

Those tombstones are SUPER cheap at five bucks for a pack of five (Here's a link) and are perfect for midnight minimate strolls through the graveyard, like the forgotten Ghost Rider Alejandra Jones is enjoying.  Also, less successfully, is the cool rod iron fence in the background that Doc Manhattan is hopping.  The scale is a little too small for my tastes, but it totally works as Background or foreground fodder to make a setup really sing.

There's a ton of other stuff too, but these are the ones that really got me excited.

Oh, also also, that Alejandra is a kitbash of the Champions Black Widow, the OG Ghost Rider head, the shoulder guard from the Walgreens Green Goblin, and Curse of the Mutants Dracula's gauntlet.  It's fun, you should make one too!

I bought some of those the NBX Minimates. I also found some cupcake holders that look like a spooky mansion. Sorry, no pix right now.

I bought similar items from the dollar tree to use as chain link fencing for Minimates. It looks cool.