UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate compatibility thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at Michael's last night (you know, like you do) and found this thing on the shelf:

http://doctordreadfullab.blogspot.com/2012/11/doctor-dreadful-alien-slime-drink.html

It seems to be a pretty awesome looking containment unit and in an appropriate scale, but I don't know if I'm ready to burn 15 bucks to find out. Anyone have any insight on this thing?

I picked one up tonight along with the AvX set, so I thought I'd post a photo to give people an idea of how the compatibility with these works:

IMG_8933_zps3161f1e6.jpg

Personally, I'd say they're a pretty good fit together. There's just enough room inside the tube for one of the base/stands that Protector is standing on (thus giving it a 'suspended animation' type of effect) and it's just big enough overall to fit the average minimate.

Thanks for the suggestion, funk!

I was at Michael's last night (you know, like you do) and found this thing on the shelf:

http://doctordreadfullab.blogspot.com/2012/11/doctor-dreadful-alien-slime-drink.html

It seems to be a pretty awesome looking containment unit and in an appropriate scale, but I don't know if I'm ready to burn 15 bucks to find out. Anyone have any insight on this thing?

I picked one up tonight along with the AvX set, so I thought I'd post a photo to give people an idea of how the compatibility with these works:

IMG_8933_zps3161f1e6.jpg

Personally, I'd say they're a pretty good fit together. There's just enough room inside the tube for one of the base/stands that Protector is standing on (thus giving it a 'suspended animation' type of effect) and it's just big enough overall to fit the average minimate.

Thanks for the suggestion, funk!

Dude, that looks awesome. I'm really glad that it worked out. Looks like I'm off to go pick up one or two of my own. Thanks for being the guinea pig!

Dude, that looks awesome. I'm really glad that it worked out. Looks like I'm off to go pick up one or two of my own. Thanks for being the guinea pig!

I know you said you found it at Michael's, but if you don't feel like shelling out $15 a pop, Toys R Us was selling theirs for $10, and Amazon.com currently has them for $8.74 plus eligibility for free shipping, so if you're looking to get at least 3, then that's a pretty good option. Just throwing that out there :thumbsup:

(Amazon also still has a couple of those ID4 Bio-Containment sets available, interestingly enough)

Sooo close. As it is, Cap looks like a very patriotic shriner.

I've seen these at TRU, and they are pretty small. Almost half the size of that bike in the picture above with Cap.

Also, I almost picked up the one with the Captain American design but was put off by the pairing( they come in 2 packs and blind bags). They packed Captain America with Green Goblin for some reason.

Edited by SuperChefMate

Just found this gatling gun off of a crappy War Machine figure I got at Ross...

TBminigun012.jpg

TBminigun004.jpg

TBminigun006.jpg

TBminigun007.jpg

TBminigun008.jpg

It even has a derpy projectile that plugs into the hole in the front and can fire...

TBminigun013.jpg

Also came with a smaller, tiny gatling gun that's just too small to do anything with...

TBminigun016.jpg

TBminigun017.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Meant to post this a while ago, I found this Disney Autopia car in a Goodwill recently and thought it was around minimate scale. Apparently it was sold in Chevron gas stations in 2000 with 3 other cars

AutopiaSparky01_zpsebfb8f7c.jpg

AutopiaSparky02_zps6ed62746.jpg

AutopiaSparky03_zps13a1b91c.jpg

It has a pull back friction motor in it too :)

Whoa. How is it with MiniMates displayed on top? I haven't seen any pictures as of yet.

Yeah, I'd like to see some pics too.