UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate compatibility thread

COMPLETELY off topic (sorry), but if anybody is into dios at all, Walmart has a pretty spectacular wall ruin in their pet aisle (fish supplies) for only ten bucks. Works nicely with Joes if you ask me.

I just added the tiniest bit of paint, wood planks, and rubble.

One side is an ordinary wall ruin...

002-10.jpg

While the front is an old church...

009-15.jpg

storm_shadow-ambush.jpg

via Fwoosh. I need to look for one of these.

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny you should mention the fish tank items- I was just looking at Pet Smart the other day when I went to go pick up some dog food for our pug Brody.

They make excellent dioramas for cheap. I spotted some new Marvel ones- but they are awful.

GordonBatsignal.jpg

Is that this thing: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=RNP10008&mode=retail ? if so SCORE! I pre-ordered one hoping it was minimate scale figuring at worse I’d put it with my DCUC or use a novelty flashlight if it was too big, But that’s perfect scale and so much better then the tDKR ones!

On the subject of Oa:

That Oa is so nice but I can live without... if they make a similar Bat Cave though I’m very sad thinking of how expensive it will be (it looks like it’s polystone not plastic... sad)

Five points for Gryffindor! :thumbsup:

I saw pictures elsewhere of people using this tiny Batsignal with 3 3/4" and even 6" figures but when I saw it, I immediately though of Minmates. It's perfect.

And I hear you on a Batcave playset. I'm hopeful that they're calling it a playset because they intend to make it out of less expensive plastic rather than polystone or resin, otherwise they'd split hairs and call it a diorama. Playset implies some play feature. Either way I'm sure they'd do a great job but price vs. value is obviously the deciding factor.

COMPLETELY off topic (sorry), but if anybody is into dios at all, Walmart has a pretty spectacular wall ruin in their pet aisle (fish supplies) for only ten bucks. Works nicely with Joes if you ask me.

I just added the tiniest bit of paint, wood planks, and rubble.

One side is an ordinary wall ruin...

While the front is an old church...

via Fwoosh. I need to look for one of these.

I just picked one of these up and I have to say, it's pretty awesome. I never thought to look at aquarium pieces for things like this, but it seems a bit brilliant now. I'll do some pictures tomorrow or something.

EDIT: Pics up in the General Pictures Thread

Edited by The Geohound

Five points for Gryffindor! :thumbsup:

I saw pictures elsewhere of people using this tiny Batsignal with 3 3/4" and even 6" figures but when I saw it, I immediately though of Minmates. It's perfect.

And I hear you on a Batcave playset. I'm hopeful that they're calling it a playset because they intend to make it out of less expensive plastic rather than polystone or resin, otherwise they'd split hairs and call it a diorama. Playset implies some play feature. Either way I'm sure they'd do a great job but price vs. value is obviously the deciding factor.

Check out Barnes & Noble for the Batsignal. After seeing that pic I literally scoured the entire floor at SDCC looking for one and found just that, one for $10. I stop by B&N on Monday and right there on the spinning rack by checkout with the little books and kits is the Batsignal for $10!

I talked with the DC Collectibles guys at their booth, target price pint on OA is $150 and that's IF they decide to produce it. It was just there to gauge interest. And look bad ass.

That's an awesome deal on those! I use them for my mini mates display in IKEA Billy cases and they are near perfect! I think I paid about $10 a piece from Container Store a few yard ago for them. I might have to suck it up and dredge throughout Big Lots tomorrow and pick up a few more for the future.

I use those for all my 3 3/4" figures. One of these days those figures will be replaced by Minimates.

How much were they at Big Lots?

EDIT: $4.50. I'm blind. Never mind. :wacko:

I talked with the DC Collectibles guys at their booth, target price pint on OA is $150 and that's IF they decide to produce it. It was just there to gauge interest. And look bad ass.

Mission accomplished, though at that price it's GOUGING my interest.

Edited by MisterPL

I checked out my local Big Lots today and I couldn't not them. They're not with the kitchen stuff nor with the spice stuff. Which part of the store did you find them in?