UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate compatibility thread

Ah Yes, I retrieved it. Thank you Geohound :)

I shall check these stud measurements with what i have here, in the mean time does anyone have pictures and can provide measurements for the smaller batmobile?

EDIT: Having measured just the length alone, i can tell the large batmobile is way too big, even to add bricks in, it would be ridiculously out of scale, consider from my photos the baseboard i am using is 48 studs long by 48 studs wide, the large batmobile is 34 studs long according to Geohounds count, it would look ridiculous parked under the archway, even if i added another 2-3 bricks to the height, it just would look so out of scale.

If someone could assist me here in the measurements for the smaller batmobile, this > http://www.minimatedatabase.com/pack.php?i=239&n=Mini+Batmobile

I'd be most grateful, I need to establish if either Batmobile is going to work for me and the Batman and this batcave, if neither are suitable my alternative is to merge the two ideas into 1 vehicle of medium size possibly a full lego rebuild model specifically for this build.

Many thanks

Rich

just dug out my small Batmobile. overall, it takes up a 20 x 9 stud area on a lego building plate (without the exhaust flame). height varies with the hinged wings, but with them straight up its 8 studs high, with them down it shortens the height to 6 studs and adds 10 studs to the total width.

hope this helps, lmk if there's anything else you need. I've been following your Batcave rebuild and can't wait to see how it turns out. I just scored one on ebay, and you've inspired me to make some modifications myself :biggrin: .

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this is a day I have been waiting for...I have tried to customize, modify and even flat out pretend but this is the first time I have actually had an officially licensed Quin Jet for my Avengers and brothers I love it!

the scale is weak sauce for 3.75 but awesome wrapped in bacon for mates....

enough of my blather on to the pics

IMG_6954.jpg

IMG_6955.jpg

IMG_6957.jpg

IMG_6958.jpg

IMG_6959.jpg

and not to be outdone by my good friend mattalica!

my shield army (thank you Luke!!!!!

dont know how i missed this post but, it looks great MOC, how big is the crew/storage area?

Nice Shield team too!

• 1 month later...

My sons actually use the JL Watchtower more with their minimates than they use it for actual JL figures. Whole thing just works better with smaller figures... except the elevator. They just pretend it's the teleportation tube.

• 2 weeks later...

P1050424.jpg

Cool! That works pretty good. Never thought of trying that.

Here's a pic that I posted in another thread of a MP scaled TF Roller that is pretty compatible with Minimates...

rollerbrut016.jpg

Also, I can't vouch for the size of these, but I was wondering if anyone knew how these would scale with Minimates?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kotobukiya-MB35-258895-MSG-Diorama-Chain-Base-01-Desert-Scene-Set-/320779291409?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aafef8b11

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kotobukiya-MB36-258901-MSG-Diorama-Chain-Base-02-City-Street-Scene-Set-/330629604999?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cfb0f6687

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kotobukiya-MB37-258918-MSG-Diorama-Chain-Base-03-Lunar-Moon-Scene-Set-/330629605652?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cfb0f6914

I think the moon crater and city street bases would look pretty sweet with Minimates. If they scaled right of course.

Edited by MMao

• 2 weeks later...

So I want to say this now while I'm thinking about it, and can't find a better thread. Spidey needs a pack in one of these days that's a lamp post that he can hang a web line from. DST could do it as a 2 piece accessory without much trouble at all.

Here's a review of the sets:

http://www.gunjap.net/site/?p=34642

The Gundam Converge figures are apparently around 2 inches tall (supposedly 55mm) so they should offer the best comparison for minimates

So I want to say this now while I'm thinking about it, and can't find a better thread. Spidey needs a pack in one of these days that's a lamp post that he can hang a web line from. DST could do it as a 2 piece accessory without much trouble at all.

It's a great idea. Maybe DST could work it so the Lamp part is removable & re-use the post again later with a Yancy Street sign in place of the lamp as a Thing accessory :)

• 2 weeks later...

If DC fans haven't picked up this Batsignal yet, they're missing out! This is a great little piece and totally affordable at $10. I got mine at my LCS through Diamond but it's also available through Amazon if you prefer. Check it out:

GordonBatsignal.jpg

And check out this video what DC Collectibles will "hopefully one day will make." At the 1:42 mark Geoff Johns shows a prototype of a light-up Oa Playset that looks a bit wee for the upcoming 3 3/4" line but seems perfect for Minimates.

So nice to hear that DCC is willing to try new things. Maybe they can put a bug in WBCP's ear about licensing DC to DST. :whistling:

I sent them an email regarding movies and minimates. Maybe they thought about it and they are teasing us with play sets? Nah,but it's fun to dream. Though they just announced the 3 3/4 line so maybe next year if thundercats does well,then maybe wb and dc will consider it again.

PS1:They have tried every block figure style on the planet. Something tells me that they will return.

PS2: I'm taking my speculation and I'm leaving now. Sorry to invade this thread with false hopes.

PS3: That oa playset is pretty darn awesome!!!