UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate compatibility thread

And it also looks like the Scape Bridge from the old G1 Transformers cartoon.

Just sayin'...

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to say that the Transformers: DOTM Human Alliance Basic are compatible with the Minimates. There is also one Transformer, Autobot Whirl, that in a skilled set of hands can become a neat Ecto-2 for the Ghostbusters Minimates.

post-6301-0-28923600-1321926148_thumb.jp

• 3 weeks later...

Question: has anyone tried to size up those Super Hero Squad motorcycles (Cap's or Ghost Rider's) with our favorite 2 inch figures?

It struck me the other day that the sizes kind of line up, but I'm not so sure when it comes to vehicles and such. Has anyone else had the same thought and the 6 extra bucks to find out if it works?

• 5 weeks later...

IMG_6941.jpg

IMG_6946.jpg

IMG_6948.jpg

IMG_6950.jpg

What once was the Transformers ARK. is now my SHIELD fighter jet.

I have been watching this one for a while, but couldn't justify the 25 dollar price tag, well today I was at a target and the box was damaged so the clearanced price, 8.89. score!

here are a few pictures i took this evening.

I have it set up with SHIELD, for now...I have a feeling it may be the Key to some Xtreme adventures in the future.

what do you think?

moc847

Edited by murderofcrows

If it is not too much trouble, could I ask a request of someone on the forum?

If you have both versions of the c3 Batmobile, assembled please could you take a picture of them side by side, and if it is not too much trouble could you post up the measurement dimensions of both vehicles below the photograph?

I'd like to know how many studs, wide, height and length ways the vehicles are. By studs I mean the small circular thingies on the bricks, (it's a lego term).

I thought this might be the best place to post a request like this as it is to do with compatibility, i'd like to know the dimensions of the vehicles in preparation for my Batcave build and i'd be very grateful for your assistance.

I've heard the larger batmobile is out of scale (too big) and yet the smaller batmobile is .. well too small and not detailed enough.. so i'd like a look at these two properly before i make a decision.

Rich

If you look in your rebuilding the Batcave thread, somewhere towards the earlier parts of it, I did post the measurements of the bigger Batmobile. I don't have the smaller one, but the big one's there. Can't take pictures though, my computer is shot and I am sad. Any other help though, I'll do what I can.

Edited by The Geohound

The large Batmobile is 14 studs wide by 34 studs long and 10 Lego bricks high (all of these come from the widest parts of the car)

My guess would be if using these specs, you'll probably want to add a bit on every side, because if not, the Batmobile would be incredibly snug in there, so better to have some space for maneuvering and all.

Hope that helps.

Ah Yes, I retrieved it. Thank you Geohound :)

I shall check these stud measurements with what i have here, in the mean time does anyone have pictures and can provide measurements for the smaller batmobile?

EDIT: Having measured just the length alone, i can tell the large batmobile is way too big, even to add bricks in, it would be ridiculously out of scale, consider from my photos the baseboard i am using is 48 studs long by 48 studs wide, the large batmobile is 34 studs long according to Geohounds count, it would look ridiculous parked under the archway, even if i added another 2-3 bricks to the height, it just would look so out of scale.

If someone could assist me here in the measurements for the smaller batmobile, this > http://www.minimatedatabase.com/pack.php?i=239&n=Mini+Batmobile

I'd be most grateful, I need to establish if either Batmobile is going to work for me and the Batman and this batcave, if neither are suitable my alternative is to merge the two ideas into 1 vehicle of medium size possibly a full lego rebuild model specifically for this build.

Many thanks

Rich

Edited by Urban Saboteur

What once was the Transformers ARK. is now my SHIELD fighter jet.

I have it set up with SHIELD, for now...I have a feeling it may be the Key to some Xtreme adventures in the future.

what do you think?

I like it... the vehicle says SHIELD, but the base mode says AIM or Hydra. If I find one for that low, low price I'm thinking the bad guys may get it. SHIELD has a helicarrier after all.

• 2 weeks later...

Hellicarrier.jpg

This looks like it'd go great with minimates! I'm definitely getting one for my display.

What is it? :unsure:

I sort of want to say its the Shield Helicarrier but for a different line? Any idea how big it is compared to Minimates?

Yep. No idea exactly how it will look in scale with the 3.75" figures. Catalogue pics are all we have. Man... when is toy fair again?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well this is a day I have been waiting for...I have tried to customize, modify and even flat out pretend but this is the first time I have actually had an officially licensed Quin Jet for my Avengers and brothers I love it!

the scale is weak sauce for 3.75 but awesome wrapped in bacon for mates....

enough of my blather on to the pics

IMG_6954.jpg

IMG_6955.jpg

IMG_6957.jpg

IMG_6958.jpg

IMG_6959.jpg

and not to be outdone by my good friend mattalica!

my shield army (thank you Luke!!!!!