UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate compatibility thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds pretty cool, though I'm not all that familiar with those Imaginext sets. Think you could show some pics to demonstrate? :)

Next time we set them up, I'll try to remember to snap a couple of shots. Floor's full of Micro-Megazords, and a "marble dropper" right now, but I'll see if I can influence the "reset".

I found this Imaginext ebay auction that has the kind of sets I meant. The set in stores right now is gonna be a bit too large, since as I said the line has been inching up in scale. The sets being offered in the auction are older, and of a smaller more minimat-like scale. You can see the police station we've use here.

I got a 2" Green Goblin(I got lucky on my first try because it's 1:8) in one of those toy vending machines at Safeway, here's a picture of the glider:

post-2183-1237523412_thumb.jpg

I didn't cut off the tabs so that you all know what it looks like. Here are some on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=360091046997

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=200320591001

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=370068608063

Thanks for posting this! Just ordered 2 of 'em for my Goblins. Thanks so much!

I really want to know where these guys get their accessories. I love that they had such an amazing collection of quirky, unconventional miniatures, and I love even more the fact that some of them look adequately Minimate-scale :)

(The whole strip in general can actually get pretty creative with their props... just look at their characters :wub:)

I really want to know where these guys get their accessories. I love that they had such an amazing collection of quirky, unconventional miniatures, and I love even more the fact that some of them look adequately Minimate-scale :)

(The whole strip in general can actually get pretty creative with their props... just look at their characters :wub:)

Thank you for that link NorthRaider. Now my afternoon has a purpose. :)

You're welcome :) I'm a sucker for photo webcomics like these. Some of the guys who make these love to say that they compensate for their lack of artistic ability with either comic timing or super-nerdy jokes :D

I got a 2" Green Goblin(I got lucky on my first try because it's 1:8) in one of those toy vending machines at Safeway, here's a picture of the glider:

post-2183-1237523412_thumb.jpg

I didn't cut off the tabs so that you all know what it looks like. Here are some on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=360091046997

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=200320591001

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=370068608063

Got mine in the mail today and love 'em!

Any ideas on how to affix the mates to 'em?

I just have Hobby stand on the glider. I forgot who made their own glider but they used one of those round 1x1 LEGO pieces and cut off the bottom half, and glued it to the glider. Personally I just like to have his feet on the tabs.

Okay. So I took some promised pictures of minimates interacting with the older Imaginext Police station. So here we go...

First we have a shot ot the DC mates and the little cops for scale.The little cops have removable armor.

mates-next-1.jpg

And now here's the set itself both front and back

mates-next-11.jpgmates-next-12.jpg

The Cops come with handcuffs which work with mates very well...

mates-next-7.jpgmates-next-6.jpg

There's a desk and chair...

mates-next-5.jpg

that the minimates can fit into.

mates-next-4.jpg

And there's a break away wall...

mates-next-10.jpg

mates-next-8.jpg

The minimates can fit into the police car as well...

mates-next-9.jpg

And here's another couple of shots with the mates useing the set...

mates-next-3.jpg

mates-next-2.jpg

Now the set can be taken apart and reconfigured a couple of different ways, and there's a trap dorr above the jail cell, but for some reason none of those pictures came out. As you can see, this set works really well with minimates and for our get in the florr and paly with them purposes, we love it. I think it would work well as a display peice as well.

That Joker cop car (funny reference) reminds me--tonight I went to Ross, and they had a bunch of what looked to be die-cast, Minimate-scaled cars for $10. If they ever get down to $5, I may pick a couple up. I almost got a sporty yellow something-or-other for my Tony Stark to drive around in, but stopped myself when I realized that I'll need that space on my shelf for a Delorian and Ecto-1 in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, do any of you think that the weapons from the Halo Action Clix would be compatible with Minimates? My LCS has 5 piece boosters for $1 so I decided to pick one up for the hell of it, and it seems like the plasma rifles would be a good fit. I'd just have to cut them carefully out of the Spartan's hands.

What scale are the Hot Wheels Bat Cycles? 1:18 or 1:24?

I'm trying to find a minimate scaled Vespa scooter (no not for Haruko. no not for the Deadpool mobile. no not for the B-moped... though those would be pretty kickass) , there's quiet a few options in the 1:18 scale range but it list their size as "4w x 2.5h" which means it's as tall as Killer Croc and I've never seen no 7 ft tall Vespa.

There are a couple not as nice ones in the 1:24 scale, but I'd like to know for sure before I order one if that's the right size.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've actually seen stuff like that at the thrift store I work at, it comes with crafts and stuff for dolls. There was a bed too, but it broke easily lol. There's a metal high chair and a butter churner that I think would be in scale too lol

I just got the purple pants Fin Fang Foom Hero Clix, and he is awesome!

post-2183-1246584033_thumb.jpg