UA-100768763-1 Jump to content
karamazov80

Minimate compatibility thread

Definitely too small for minimates then but I might have to pick one up for my MB figures.

On 5/29/2018 at 9:36 AM, MisterPL said:

The reviewer included Kubricks among the figures these would work for, but there’s no way. Mega blocks are much smaller than Minimates or Kubricks, and they don’t look to have much headroom in there. Anyway, I will stick with my utility boxes. 

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 7:21 AM, hellpop said:

The reviewer included Kubricks among the figures these would work for, but there’s no way. Mega blocks are much smaller than Minimates or Kubricks, and they don’t look to have much headroom in there. Anyway, I will stick with my utility boxes. 

What do you use for utility boxes out of curiosity? I use these right now but am always looking for a better option:

Plano Storage Bin

Similar ones, but a bit bigger. The ones I use are utility boxes that usually have 24 compartments (6 rows of 4). Finding the ones I like can be a bit tricky, so when I come across them I tend to buy them in bulk. Usually, though, when I find them it's at Dick's or Modell's.

Every once in a while this set drops in price about equal to a 4-pack. It's the only way I've found to get the 3700 series box (my fave) aside from eBay.

The 1:24 diecast Incredibile from Incredibles 2 can squeeze a couple standard Minimates in it. Tight squeeze. They look really good standing next to it though. May still be able to find it at TRU.

Would love for Disney Store to commission a couple Incredibles 4 (or 5) packs. 

Edited by JeffBohn

3 hours ago, JeffBohn said:

The 1:24 diecast Incredibile from Incredibles 2 can squeeze a couple standard Minimates in it. Tight squeeze. They look really good standing next to it though. May still be able to find it at TRU.

Would love for Disney Store to commission a couple Incredibles 4 (or 5) packs. 

That would be so amazing!! I have wanted incredible mates for years!

On a side note, what are the odds of the Marvel Legends Psylocke Butterfly effect actually being able to fit on a minimate? 

23 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

On a side note, what are the odds of the Marvel Legends Psylocke Butterfly effect actually being able to fit on a minimate? 

It the right size but it won’t attach. You’d have to modify it.

On 7/1/2018 at 2:55 PM, fwoosheyman said:

It the right size but it won’t attach. You’d have to modify it.

Thank you!

On 5/29/2018 at 7:48 AM, stack32 said:

I don't suppose anyone has picked up the Nano Scene light up display case? It would be cool for displaying minimates but I assume each space would be just a bit too small to work.

While we had determined this would be too small for minimates when it came up before it was $10 at Wal-mart today so I thought I'd pick it up and find a use for it. Minimates are definitely too tall, I tried Drax and he would not fit without crouching. MB Beast Man fit without much extra room and would not fit if he was on a plate for a base. I don't think one of the Call of Duty or Destiny figures would fit.  A Lego minifigure on a base fit just fine.

Anyone try the Batcave yet? I saw it on sale at Target.

Can you take out the rows at all on that Nano case? The Hogwarts one is really cool.

This Stage I saw at Michael's for Halloween setup would be great for minis I think. Even with their 50% off coupons, it's still a lot. It makes noise and lights up I think.

http://www.michaels.com/lemax-symphony-of-screams/10549024.html#start=2

Forgot to post this ages ago...

Edited by thereasonsy

Now to just find the perfect motorcycle.... 

57 minutes ago, TENIME_art said:

What color Psylocke? Purple hair, shiny suit or black hair, royal blue suit? I really want the latter. 

I used the Marvel Minimates Wave 28 (hail Ivan)  with a StrikeForce Psylocke head and hair piece.

fig2113f3lg.jpg

On 12/19/2018 at 12:54 AM, thereasonsy said:

Yes, I did just buy a Marvel Legends Psylocke just for the butterfly effect.

maxresdefault.jpg

Purple hair, shiny suit or black hair, royal blue suit?

On 12/22/2018 at 12:09 PM, TENIME_art said:

maxresdefault.jpg

Purple hair, shiny suit or black hair, royal blue suit?

Black hair royal blue suit.