UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate compatibility thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, hellpop said:

I was browsing around Amazon and I saw these sets; I can't quite tell but I bet they would scale well with GI Joe Minimates:

https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/327359CB-F3FF-4A7D-85CB-199A0821240D?ingress=2&visitId=c6ed2041-5a65-44a3-8bcf-400056e8d833&ref_=ast_bln

Nice find. Sadly it looks to me like a mix of 12" scale and probably 3.75" scale figures and accessories. All of which will likely be too big for minimates. You never know though. I find some oversize stuff still looks pretty good. Playmobil horses for example.

20 hours ago, cylonchaney said:

Nice find. Sadly it looks to me like a mix of 12" scale and probably 3.75" scale figures and accessories. All of which will likely be too big for minimates. You never know though. I find some oversize stuff still looks pretty good. Playmobil horses for example.

I bit the bullet on some of these. They really are hit or miss.

38 minutes ago, cylonchaney said:

They were priced well enough that it won't hurt too bad if some stuff doesn't scale well. Interested to see how they work out for you.

I chopped the legs off the tables but everything else kind of works. https://www.instagram.com/tv/CnQOaiwOypy/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

• 2 weeks later...

How do larger Lego sets scale with mates? My father (a huge Lego Stars Wars collector) showed me a leaked picture that Lego may finally be putting out a Lego X-Mansion in 2024... It looked a little small and i know sets can vary. The Lego Rivendell set actually scales really well with Minimates, but the Blackbird and Milano are too small. 

Is it usually a case of vehicles being too small but sets scaling decent enough?

Nah man usually nothing scales. The X-Mansion is likely to be directed specifically toward minifigs and therefore Minimates will look really damn huge. 
Rivendell was this big premium set that was definitively an exception. And even then you can’t really use the original LOTR line in there because of the 2.5inch scale. 

i use lego and mega blox w/ my minimates.  its never perfect but its better than nothing and some of them i'm able to move or add parts to make it look decent.  the megabloks castle greyskull or snake mountain work particularly well as does a lot of the halo stuff

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...