UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate compatibility thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^ They're called X-acto knives and you should be able to get them at any hobby or art store. You can also sand down the handles and then you won't be in danger of cutting yourself.

If you do use a knife I would recommend putting the weapon in hot water for a bit to soften it up. It'll make cutting it easier.

^^^ They're called X-acto knives and you should be able to get them at any hobby or art store. You can also sand down the handles and then you won't be in danger of cutting yourself.

You can also get them at. . .Wal-Mart! :)

• 2 weeks later...
The craftsmanship on the things on this site are amazing.

I NEED to know if a Minimate could fit into this:

http://www.larrygscale.com/servlet/the-293...-DIECAST/Detail

If it is 3 1/4 inches high, then I doubt that a Minimate could fit in there without looking like a giant. . .though I think they typically fit into 1/24 scale vehicles.

Strangely enough Ive been looking for various 'larger, sort of compatible ' figures for future dioramas I have in mind ,Galactus ,Fin Fang Foom & Sentinels being the items I had in mind. It seems that you really need to look no further than the Heroclix range which has them all! They aren't articulated but then again nor were the Minimate Max versions were they? No. Fin Fang Foom & Starro definitely 'work' & although not cheap neither were etc. etc.....post-638-1231755606_thumb.jpg

The Marvel Legends BAF Sentinels look pretty awesome as well,as does Fin Fang Foom .....but you said 6" or smaller.

Minimates Max .....inarticulate :rolleyes:

Edited by buttheadsmate

I've got a bunch of stuff on order from a store called Larry G Scale for a big customizing project.

1:24 (or thereabouts) seems to work well with Minimates and I'll throw up some pics when my stuff arrives.

Man I cant wait to see your stuff...if it works well I have an order just waiting to happen

Jeff of the Miniacs

• 2 weeks later...
Cool stuff! Where is that Sentinel head from, and can Bats fit in the seat of the Batmobile?

The Sentinel head is from a series of pre-painted Marvel puzzle figures called Marvel Figure Factory that ToyBiz made a few years back. They came in a nifty plastic crate.

Unfortunatly the Batmobile is sealed tight. Being remote controled, Mattel probably didn't want kiddies to get their fingers in the gears. I'm pretty sure though, that there is a Tumbler version about this size that can be opened. I remember a forum member posting a photo of it back when the Dark Knight toys first hit retail.

Cool stuff! Where is that Sentinel head from, and can Bats fit in the seat of the Batmobile?

The Sentinel head is from a series of pre-painted Marvel puzzle figures called Marvel Figure Factory that ToyBiz made a few years back. They came in a nifty plastic crate.

Unfortunatly the Batmobile is sealed tight. Being remote controled, Mattel probably didn't want kiddies to get their fingers in the gears. I'm pretty sure though, that there is a Tumbler version about this size that can be opened. I remember a forum member posting a photo of it back when the Dark Knight toys first hit retail.

I thought i was the only one who used the Figure Factory stuff still!! I bought the Nightcraller, Venom, and Cyke ones, and use ALL of their bases; i have Cyke's eyblast glued to his minimate visor (which is TOTALLY off-balance), Nightcraller's base for eerie villain-mist (take a guess who ;) ), and Venom's symbiote base for Venom's minimate counterpart. they really work well. :)

I thought i was the only one who used the Figure Factory stuff still!! I bought the Nightcraller, Venom, and Cyke ones, and use ALL of their bases; i have Cyke's eyblast glued to his minimate visor (which is TOTALLY off-balance), Nightcraller's base for eerie villain-mist (take a guess who ;) ), and Venom's symbiote base for Venom's minimate counterpart. they really work well. :)

Gotta be Mysterio.

Do I get a No-Prize?

Gotta be Mysterio.

Do I get a No-Prize?

Yes, it's an imaginary Riot Spidey. Congrats.

Who else but Mysterio?? Of course, th base is really thick, so it's more like HALF of Mysterio. ;)