UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate compatibility thread

3 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

I broke down and bought a MASK figure to test scale... it wasn't successful.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKUpFopr1-0/

Too bad. Looks closer than Playmobil.

I'd like to see a mate beside one of the smaller BSG figures that came with the Mattel vehicles. They are said to be 1.5"

Edited by cylonchaney

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Good to know. Thanks for sharing the knowledge.

And with Minimates it's not just about scale but proportion. These block figures tend to be a little husky for some vehicles and short for others. The exaggerated, squat proportions of lines like Star Wars Galactic Heroes or Mission Fleet might work better.

? I’m going to have to block you if you keep giving me these great suggestions!!! My wallet can’t take it!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

The Playmobil Enterprise got me thinking about an old bridge set I saw once, but I don't recall who produced it... does anyone know of another ST bridge model or replica in this scale? It would have been just the bridge. I want to say it was something weird like Hallmark.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have both the Pin Mates set (GREAT Minimates scale) and I used the Star Trek Trivial Pursuit Galileo for my ST mates. 

The Galileo did not open (it opens on top to store some cards) so it wasn't a vehicle proper, but it scaled decent for pics/dios and such. As close as you're likely to get.

The Pin Mates set was perfect scale. You'd have to do some modification to get the Captain's chair that's already in there out, though. It scales nicely. I added some Trek seats from the Mega Construx Enterprise Bridge set that way every other crew member could sit.

I don't have photos, everything is in storage and it would take me ages to dig them out. So you'll have to take my word for it.

BC12Er2.jpg

Five Below selling funko Minis from What If. For 5 bucks, hard to pass up this Ultron. Not blind boxes so you know who you’re buying. Selling them on their website too. The Watcher What If is a chase and would work well too but I didn’t see any. 

• 3 months later...

Amazon has good prices right now for a bunch of Playmobil sets, including the Enterprise and Delorean. They also have James Bond's Aston Martin and the A-Team van for anyone that may have made customs of those guys. I'm curious to see how Minimates would look with those, but not a big enough fan of any of those properties to take the plunge myself.

• 3 weeks later...

I just recently saw some Harry Potter mini figures in the girls doll section. Not sure of what exactly their branding is, but they had a train playset and a few other things. They looked to be pretty perfect minimates scale. Not the train itself but the interior bits. MIGHT be of some use to someone.

6 hours ago, SCW said:

I just recently saw some Harry Potter mini figures in the girls doll section. Not sure of what exactly their branding is, but they had a train playset and a few other things. They looked to be pretty perfect minimates scale. Not the train itself but the interior bits. MIGHT be of some use to someone.

I'd love it if you could try find a name on the box next time you're kicking around there please, very intrigued but we non-US folks can't just check so easily hehe we must google! but googling Harry Potter minifigures obviously leads to a world of LEGO