UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate compatibility thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Padrino said:

These do not seem to be available in the US at all.  

Ok - So I jut did a bit of googling and it turns out that anko is K Mart's in house brand.
I also found out that it does not exist in America because K Mart Australia and K Mart Us are COMPLETELY DIFFERENT COMAPNIES ?

Apparently Australian parent company Westfarmers had a license agreement with the parent company of the US's K Mart to use the name until 2017, at which point they bought the name outright for use within Australia. The two K Marts have completely different parent companies and so despite the name, there is no link between them. 

TL:DR - this product doesn't look like its available in K Mart US. So my previous post appears to just be for my Australian plastic crack addicts. Sorry folks

20 hours ago, Nessex said:

Apologies if this is not the best place for it, but happy for a mod to move it as needed.I found these display stands that I thought might work well for minimates.
Anko seems to be the in house discount brand in KMart here, so not sure if it'll exist in the US or UK.

They're designed for lego-style mini figures. Each display has three shelves with a sliding clear plastic window on the front. The shelves each have 4 little 'lego' plates in them to peg peg mini figures on to, but they're removable if you wanna put minimates in there instead.
The case retails for $20.00 here, so I imagine it'd be about $10 if available in the US.

125017218_371799474106741_6359820320990772219_n.jpg

125381694_827920134434846_2594136560197517024_n.jpg

124981284_418313122667288_3873324613867011440_n.jpg

This is amazing! Where in Aus are you based?

46 minutes ago, Nessex said:

I'm based in Canberra. It's the nation's capital, but isn't very well known outside of Australia. LOL

I’m familiar! I lived in Sydney as a kid and my family migrated back in the 2000s. I’m impressed you find Minimates there! I usually go back for Christmas every year and have to bring them to my collector friends and nephews.  Would you mind taking a photo of a mate in there so I can see size? Please and thanks.

Edited by thereasonsy

6 minutes ago, thereasonsy said:

Would you mind taking a photo of a mate in there so I can see size? Please and thanks.

Of you have a look at the third picture, there's a sneaky little Cable-pool minimate in the middle row on the far right (next to Phoenix) for size comparison. 

On 11/16/2020 at 12:20 AM, Nessex said:

Of you have a look at the third picture, there's a sneaky little Cable-pool minimate in the middle row on the far right (next to Phoenix) for size comparison. 

.... YOU ARE A GENIUS! Thank you. Now ordered and have to think about how/when I'm going to get them back to the states.

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, nandoninny said:

these shelves look pretty cool for minimates.  not sure how to post the pic alone so here's the link to ikea's site:

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/lustigt-wall-shelf-30381852/

i may need to go with a minimate in my pocket to see how it sizes up.....after covid though

I like the little ladders so they can visit their friends on different tiers. :)

I ordered one of these recently but it arrived sans 'little ladders' .

I contacted Ikea several times ,I rung & rung & rung .

This morning I received a message from Ikea saying that they could forward me "just one ladder " :mad:

I was not happy & I have told Ikea that I will take further steps :huh:

-buttreadsmate

7 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

This morning I received a message from Ikea saying that they could forward me "just one ladder " :mad:

-buttreadsmate

In tears over the tiers.

44 minutes ago, Onyx_6 said:

I picked 2 of these up on clearance from Walmart a while back: http://bricksfanz.com/the-lego-ninjago-movie-play-display-stand-review/

It works great for Minimates

i picked one up at toysrus when they were going out of business.  love it!!  been looking for some good backdrops to print out for it

On 12/5/2020 at 4:52 AM, buttheadsmate said:

-buttreadsmate

sorry to hear about that.  other than that, how does the size work out for minimates?

On 12/5/2020 at 5:52 AM, buttheadsmate said:

-buttreadsmate

Good luck. I had a 45 day fight with them over a wardrobe that only ended when I posted a paid tweet about them and they sent their marketing team to me telling me they were going to get twitter to suspend my account. It didn’t end well for them but I did end up getting my wardrobe for free, reimbursed delivery fee, and a store credit that had an expiration date. 

On 12/5/2020 at 10:52 AM, buttheadsmate said:

-buttreadsmate

Forgive me ..........the above post was an (obviously ,very poor) attempt at humour.  

BTW .........

How to climb a ladder:

Step 1 : Step 1

Step 2 : Step 2

Step 3 : Step 3

Step 4 : Step 4

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, nandoninny said:

i love everything super7 does!!

I’m not going to lie, I’m not too keen on the reaction figures themselves but the licenses that they have are impressive! I’ve been tracking them to see if they will release a Catslair or Buffy Library play set so my minimates can finally get a home. 

• 4 weeks later...