UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate compatibility thread

In general those McFarlane sets scale really nicely with minimates; it just becomes a question of aesthetics if it works for you.   I tend to like the stuff that's a little more realistic (Like the walking Dead stuff) more than the stylized cartoon-y stuff (Like Steven Universe or some of the R/M stuff), but that's a personal preference.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/28/2020 at 12:28 PM, youbastards said:

Look at that classic vintage design, it may be out-dated and worn out by some modern standards, but I think it still holds up well after all these years.

The Playmobil figure is nice too!

:lol:

I think I should make it clear that I was outside of an empty store on an empty street & my mask was removed momentarily for the picture . You can see the mask in my hand & despite my hatred of masks & regulations I adhere to them to the letter   wherever I may be.   Just saying.

saw this on diamond's shiplist today and i think it'd be awesome for street fighter type minimates:

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/JUN208330

according to amazon its about a 11" deep, 9" tall which makes me thing its about 14" long sideways.  Anyways, thought it be a fun one but not worth spending $30 to find out if i'm right or wrong

8 hours ago, nandoninny said:

saw this on diamond's shiplist today and i think it'd be awesome for street fighter type minimates:

according to amazon its about a 11" deep, 9" tall which makes me thing its about 14" long sideways.  Anyways, thought it be a fun one but not worth spending $30 to find out if i'm right or wrong

Woof that’s a beauty. I’d use it only twice or else I’d buy it. Still haven’t bought the rick and Morty sets Or even the Jada Batcave. ? 

10 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

Woof that’s a beauty. I’d use it only twice or else I’d buy it. Still haven’t bought the rick and Morty sets Or even the Jada Batcave. ? 

i prefer to use legos/building blocks for my minimate sceneries (playing).  i probably have enough ninjago type legos to build something like this.  i love the smashed concrete on the floor though -- i'll need to come up w/ a cool way to recreate that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2020 at 11:07 AM, nandoninny said:

Just ordered mine on Amazon for $33.06 shipped, before the price gouging begins. It would look legit for the mates, I think, based on this picture giving us a good scale: 91AZ6ULra6L._AC_SL1500_.jpg  

On 10/24/2020 at 7:31 PM, Mattallica said:

my memories of MASK vehicles, although mine are all in storage,  is that they would be too small to accommodate minimates, i recently had some mask figures out and they are much smaller and i remember most of the vehicles being tight even for them.

Yeah mine are in Australia so odds of seeing them again at this point are slim to none. Just came across the motorcycle in a toy group that they are selling and I am tempted.

On 10/29/2020 at 12:49 PM, hellpop said:

This Hall of Justice is one clearance at Entertainment Earth:

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/justice-league-pin-mate-wood-hall-of-justice-playset-with-superman-and-bizarro/bbp22869

I ordered one, so I'll let you all know how it looks with Minimates; should be a bit more in scale than the Funko one.

It is awesome! I love mine! https://www.instagram.com/p/B5ZJhiVA0fB/?igshid=dwkjdfqahwcw

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies if this is not the best place for it, but happy for a mod to move it as needed.I found these display stands that I thought might work well for minimates.
Anko seems to be the in house discount brand in KMart here, so not sure if it'll exist in the US or UK.

They're designed for lego-style mini figures. Each display has three shelves with a sliding clear plastic window on the front. The shelves each have 4 little 'lego' plates in them to peg peg mini figures on to, but they're removable if you wanna put minimates in there instead.
The case retails for $20.00 here, so I imagine it'd be about $10 if available in the US.

125017218_371799474106741_6359820320990772219_n.jpg

125381694_827920134434846_2594136560197517024_n.jpg

124981284_418313122667288_3873324613867011440_n.jpg

Edited by Nessex
typo