UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate compatibility thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Trying to keep this thread alive. For those of you that managed to make He-Man customs this grey skull fits in and is stunning. I’ve been using it to display my New Mutants and loving it. 

Great picture, I love it .

BTW I also decided against buying DSTs   Icon Heroes' polystone sets purely because they weren't 'actual' DST Minimate sets .......I also regret that decision .

Thundercats .

I had little clue at all about WTF the 'Thundercats' were when the first box set was announced as a SDCC 2012 Minimate exclusive & it was not a good time at all in my real-life & ........my Minimate  life.

That particular Con's exclusives brought me to my knees with frustration ......

1.Vorin & Zik ,Zik being the worst Minimate ever made & no doubt (in my mind) sealing the fate of Battle Beast minimates in one ,magnificently poor ,package.

2. Agent 88 .....the only Minimate that I cannot stand looking at.

3.Alpha Flight Box Set 1 .....(final?) AFX box set exclusive that became virtually worthless ,perhaps unfairly so.

4. Gold Vorin......more of an 'excluding' than an 'exclusive' Minimate , sadly not the first nor the last. 

................but every cloud has a silver lining & I mistakenly ordered a case of Thundercats Box set 1 from 2 different sources prior to SDCC2012

One of the best mistakes I have ever made:)

8 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

Great picture, I love it .

BTW I also decided against buying DSTs   Icon Heroes' polystone sets purely because they weren't 'actual' DST Minimate sets .......I also regret that decision .

Thundercats .

I had little clue at all about WTF the 'Thundercats' were when the first box set was announced as a SDCC 2012 Minimate exclusive & it was not a good time at all in my real-life & ........my Minimate  life.

That particular Con's exclusives brought me to my knees with frustration ......

1.Vorin & Zik ,Zik being the worst Minimate ever made & no doubt (in my mind) sealing the fate of Battle Beast minimates in one ,magnificently poor ,package.

2. Agent 88 .....the only Minimate that I cannot stand looking at.

3.Alpha Flight Box Set 1 .....(final?) AFX box set exclusive that became virtually worthless ,perhaps unfairly so.

4. Gold Vorin......more of an 'excluding' than an 'exclusive' Minimate , sadly not the first nor the last. 

................but every cloud has a silver lining & I mistakenly ordered a case of Thundercats Box set 1 from 2 different sources prior to SDCC2012

One of the best mistakes I have ever made:)

Sounds like a perfect mistake!!! I do wish that the line had done better and that we had gotten the kitten’s on real flying boards. 

On 11/6/2019 at 5:18 AM, thereasonsy said:

Trying to keep this thread alive. For those of you that managed to make He-Man customs this grey skull fits in and is stunning. I’ve been using it to display my New Mutants and loving it. 

It would be helpful if you told us who makes this Grayskull and where we can get one.

Unless this is another example of my aging brain missing the obvious.

1 hour ago, cylonchaney said:

It would be helpful if you told us who makes this Grayskull and where we can get one.

Unless this is another example of my aging brain missing the obvious.

Too right. It’s from the He-Man Masters of the Universe Minis toyline that had a build a figure Greyskull. I didn’t buy the line but just the parts.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone purchased the Funko POP! Town Batman 80th Hall of Justice with Batman? I’d prefer not to give them a dime but if that Hall of Justice works with Minimates well... I don’t have a choice now do I?

20 hours ago, bilbofett said:

I picked this up. Inside scale is good. Outside not so much. Pinmates hall of justice. 

download (9).jpeg

I love this set! I also bought the Star Ship Enterprise for my StarTrek mates. Shame about the Pop Hall of justice. Was hoping it would make up for the front part. I’m bummed that pinmates hasn’t done a play set like this for the Avengers or X-Men. 

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, hellpop said:

AFI (yes, they still exist) posted some shots of this with Playskool and Lego figures. Looks pretty tiny:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/hall-of-justice-funko/

Yeah it’s too small for my tastes. I do have to lol that minimates weren’t even thought of. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/23/2020 at 12:26 PM, Heinous said:

Does anybody display funkos with their minimates? If so, what do you use? 

I don't know why, but I am VERY anti Funko. Maybe it's jealousy. Maybe it's just laziness. That all being said I do think that the Cull Obsidian one did tempt me several times.

On 3/26/2020 at 3:36 PM, thereasonsy said:

I don't know why, but I am VERY anti Funko. Maybe it's jealousy. Maybe it's just laziness. That all being said I do think that the Cull Obsidian one did tempt me several times.

I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I just can't figure out why these things are so much more popular than minimates. But when I saw someone using molten man, it looked really good in their display. I just wanted to see if others were using them and see how good or bad they looked in a display 

On 3/28/2020 at 7:48 AM, Heinous said:

I'm kind of in the same boat as you. I just can't figure out why these things are so much more popular than minimates. But when I saw someone using molten man, it looked really good in their display. I just wanted to see if others were using them and see how good or bad they looked in a display 

I think it depends on taste tbh. I saw someone use Giant-Man, a Galactus, and the Echo-1 and they looked great I just know myself enough to know that I would get mad seeing them. Maybe it would be tempered if we got Marvel Vinimates. I also considered the hall of justice but I’m happy with my pin mates one. Although I would get one from Jada Toys if they ever made one. 

• 3 weeks later...