UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate compatibility thread

The accessories don't really work; Minimates, despite being the biggest Minifigure actually have the smallest hands and often can't hold the accessories from other lines. However, if you go to Shapeways you can find lots of great MOTU Minimate parts.  I've bought lots of them and they work really well. Oh, I should also say that one thing that DOES work with Minimates is the Wind Raider itself; it's a little small in scale, but Minimates can fit in the seat.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone purchased the new Lego Endgame Iron Man Armory set? I assume the bays are too small for minimates but was curious just how close it was. I'm probably going to end up buying the set twice over just for Lego even if it's too much work to make it work for minimates but I'd be much more interested if it was going to be relatively simple to mod.

On 4/30/2019 at 6:58 PM, stack32 said:

Has anyone purchased the new Lego Endgame Iron Man Armory set? I assume the bays are too small for minimates but was curious just how close it was. I'm probably going to end up buying the set twice over just for Lego even if it's too much work to make it work for minimates but I'd be much more interested if it was going to be relatively simple to mod.

I mod just about everything Lego for Minimates. My opinion?

See the solid gray block that is 4-dots long... the one near the bottom of the “wall” behind each figure in the bay? If  you had 2 of those per bay it would fit a Minimate, I believe. Maybe even just 1 per bay... but without the set in hand I can’t tell for sure. Just buying that extra from Bricklink/eBay/Lego would be an easy and cheap mod. 

I’d suggest buying one set and using the parts included to see how much tinkering it would take, then go from there!

I saw it on Amazon and preordered it, but it's been delayed. I haven't bought any of their stuff; I know they are slightly bigger than Minimates, but I think he'll work with them. They also make Game of Thrones figures, for anyone that is making customs of them and wants dragons (or just wants dragons for non-Got Minimate reasons).

7 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

Did anyone take the LEGO plunge and buy the Stark Tower set?

I got one on eBay (minus mini-figs) for $55. Had to build up each level. I just ordered a generic set off aliexpress to add to it.

8 hours ago, bilbofett said:

I got one on eBay (minus mini-figs) for $55. Had to build up each level. I just ordered a generic set off aliexpress to add to it.

Worth it?

• 4 weeks later...

I've always wanted a compatible 'Dalek' that would completely fit in with my Minimates & after some various frantic collection building lately with various licensed Dalek toys (my OCD kicked in yet again) over the last few months I can completely recommend the die-cast Dalek from the Corgi range . In due course I'll take some photos but I can assure you that these particular critters fit the bill completely,they are quality little items & TBQH if you packed one with a Minimate you wouldn't initially know that it wasn't an actual Minimate product . I'm not actually a big Doctor Who fan & it may come as a surprise to some people that for years the Daleks were featured in a 'verse that was sans Doctor Who so it's not that odd that I love Daleks yet I'm not completely sold on Doctor Who . I still maintain that Doctor Who would be a brilliant Minimate license but I've personally had enough of him/her after fifty odd years !!!!!!!

These Corgi items haven't actually been in production for a few years but you can still buy them for less than £20 for a pack of 3 (eBay sellers), there are several colours but ...there's always a but .....you'll sometimes have to buy packs which include 'other' Doctor Who figures to obtain a couple of the rarer colours. These other non-Dalek figures are all over the place scale-wise & ...well ....TBQH.....rubbish in comparison to the Daleks. I suggest using them for cake-toppers at best:)

'Real' Daleks :rolleyes: aren't that articulate & these Corgi Daleks merely have a swivelling 'head' & a vertically moving eye-stalk & they are on small wheels which are completely unobtrusive . Their arms don't move but I can forgive that as well because their overwhelming feature is that they look like 'right' alongside the majority of Minimate characters .  In real-life ....the one I tend to avoid ...a Dalek is a full-size fibre-glass TV prop with a full-size man sitting inside it & that was the overriding factor when I decided upon the Corgi Dalek scale being 'right' . Look at the Corgi Dalek & it is easy to imagine a Minimate sitting albeit uncomfortably inside .....it was as easy as that.  

I'd go as far as to say that I can't imagine a 'genuine' Minimate Dalek being superior or more compatible than what I now have in my collection.....they really are that good. I still look ever day on eBay looking for potential recruits for my now ,considerable, army but I must stop soon .....I  must stop soon .....I really must!

LOL I just bought it from BBTS too! It should be here shortly. I'll let you know how it works, but I saw someone post a picture with a Mega Construx figure and it looked pretty good, so I think it will fit a Minimate just about perfectly.

I LOVE Battle Cat, and have since I was a kid. I have, to my knowledge, every toy of his (I'm missing the uncolored M.U.S.C.L.E. one, but I think that's it), and every time I've seen a T-shirt (I even have one of Garfield colored in Cringer's colors, lol).

I just sold a Transformer, and turned around and used the money to pay for the Four Horseman's anthro homage:

0af77fb8-db40-4dbe-9a72-daddcfc3dcce.jpg

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/80501

I'm even making a character in one of my comic books a green & orange-furred feline, haha.