UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate compatibility thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/28/2018 at 7:57 PM, thereasonsy said:

I find it so odd that Nano has the Marvel rights and didn’t make a display for them. Them have Avengers and Spider-Man lines currently available and an X-Men line this fall. I’d think they would have made Avengers tower, Dr Strange’s House or at least the Daily Bugle but... 

They do have a tiny Daily Bugle Set but it seems way too small. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G7VSSZT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_tS-kCbXYQKJ4H

They also have some Disney display sets of the same size including one for Nightmare Before Christmas 

I agree. The Avengers Tower would have made perfect sense. I would have also loved Dr. Strange’s house, the x-men mansion or danger room,  baxter building, wakanda fortress, a shield Helicarrier, and for DC... Star Labs, Fortress of Solitude, OA, Justice League Watchtower... 

or even a neutral battle worn city diorama since they have both Marvel and DC anyway. 

E0610831-9C5B-4268-9F52-47E4D998C615.jpeg

16 hours ago, JamesJesse said:

They also have some Disney display sets of the same size including one for Nightmare Before Christmas 

I agree. The Avengers Tower would have made perfect sense. I would have also loved Dr. Strange’s house, the x-men mansion or danger room,  baxter building, wakanda fortress, a shield Helicarrier, and for DC... Star Labs, Fortress of Solitude, OA, Justice League Watchtower... 

or even a neutral battle worn city diorama since they have both Marvel and DC anyway. 

I just saw this on Twitter the other day. I would think it fits pretty well with Minimates; I have the Batcave and Hogwarts sets and like them quite a bit. They are a little small, but not so small as to be ridiculous IMHO. Plus at ten bucks it's worth taking a flyer on.

Worst case scenario, they seem to make great 3D backdrops.

The interesting thing is that DST has the Marvel license to produce "PVC dioramas" and could probably pump out one or two if demand was there. Another stab at a Minimates-styled Sentinel with a battleground for a base might do well if collectors could populate it with X-Men 'mates.

7 hours ago, hellpop said:

I just saw this on Twitter the other day. I would think it fits pretty well with Minimates; I have the Batcave and Hogwarts sets and like them quite a bit. They are a little small, but not so small as to be ridiculous IMHO. Plus at ten bucks it's worth taking a flyer on.

Possibly, I also have the hogwarts (posted pics a few pages back here) and Batman set and they do work. My initial problem with the bugle set is even the JADA figure looks too big. You’re right though, the price point makes it a VERY easy compromise, and now I may reconsider the NBX one too. 

On 1/1/2019 at 5:52 PM, JamesJesse said:

Thank man, I actually got this as a Christmas present and here it is:

Edited by thereasonsy

• 2 weeks later...

With the news of a DST Select Psylocke what are the odds this amazing butterfly mask would fit or minimate Psylocke? Also these Danger room bases are amazing. 

https://i.marvelousnews.com/g/generated/Diamond/Marvel-Select-Psylocke/Marvel-Select-Psylocke-00__scaled_800.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I know Playmobil are pretty hit or miss as far as scale, but has anyone tried the Playmobil Police Money Transport (set 9371)? Based on the box pictures, it almost looks like it'd work. But you can never be too sure.

I found'em at a couple of random places around Los Angeles (Wackos in Los Feliz and A Shop Called Quest in Claremont, to be specific), but I did find a link to buy them online at Claires of all places.  https://www.claires.com/us/midway-classic-arcade-collectors-keyring-blind-bag-234713.html?pid=234713&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI6bDhnum_4AIVFCCtBh1wRQDBEAQYASABEgLJTfD_BwE

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Mattallica said:

I have them, have not tried the accessories on minimates though

Yeah I was thinking of taking the He-Man armor and seeing what it looks like on a mate and go from there. Not perfect but better than the DST release.