UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate compatibility thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you will need to trim the handle, but otherwise they should work just fine. Mega Bloks and LEGO tend to have weapons that are a little too big for their minifigs, which means they are more in scale with Minimates. Years ago I used Mega Bloks guns for the first Punisher Minimate and his van that I made. They were the only option then and they worked.

On 8/14/2017 at 4:53 PM, Onyx_6 said:

I think you will need to trim the handle, but otherwise they should work just fine. Mega Bloks and LEGO tend to have weapons that are a little too big for their minifigs, which means they are more in scale with Minimates. Years ago I used Mega Bloks guns for the first Punisher Minimate and his van that I made. They were the only option then and they worked.

This is correct. The weapons look good with 'Mates, but Mega Bloks grip is the same size as Lego minifigs.

• 6 months later...

Any one ever use the Marvel Legends ToyBiz Fantasti Car front that came with Reed with the minimates before? I have one at My folks place (Sydney) but don’t remember why I didn’t bring it with me to NYC where the mates live...is it really out of scale? 

On 24/02/2018 at 4:50 AM, thereasonsy said:

Any one ever use the Marvel Legends ToyBiz Fantasti Car front that came with Reed with the minimates before? I have one at My folks place (Sydney) but don’t remember why I didn’t bring it with me to NYC where the mates live...is it really out of scale? 

I'm not sure but I would be happy to pick it from Sydney & bring it to you in NYC . I would only stay with your folks for a week or so ......... as long as they feed me & my bed is comfortable .

:D

8 hours ago, buttheadsmate said:

I'm not sure but I would be happy to pick it from Sydney & bring it to you in NYC . I would only stay with your folks for a week or so ......... as long as they feed me & my bed is comfortable .

:D

Well feeding is not an issue however my bedroom has been converted into a playroom for my nieces, a wine room, and has work out equiptment...  so not so comfy BUT it is 10 mins from the beach.

1 hour ago, buttheadsmate said:

Sounds fine to me ........& I'm a Manly sort of guy so I'll take the ferry .

It's 20 years since I've been back to Sydney & nearly 30 years since I've been to NY......fond memories of two completely different places.

Manly! LOL My family is is Mosman. Small internet world.

On 2/26/2018 at 6:16 AM, thereasonsy said:

Manly! LOL My family is is Mosman. Small internet world.

Yah pair of eastern suburbs wankers!

only joking everybody knows the real wankers are in Bondi

Oh and the fantastic car would be huge

Edited by Polarboy

7 hours ago, Polarboy said:

Yah pair of eastern suburbs wankers!

only joking everybody knows the real wankers are in Bondi

Oh and the fantastic car would be huge

Right?!? They are the worst! Lol. 

But seriously i want to see if its livable too big since my FF feels left out ever since the Avengers and X-Men got their displays.

11 hours ago, MisterPL said:

That looks great, Onyx. Well done. :ClappingHands:

Thanks! I am happy to share the process if anyone wants to try it themselves.

6 hours ago, cylonchaney said:

Thereasony's gonna go get the papers.

LOL sadly not. I don't have steady hands so I avoid anything that involves a lot of painting or cutting. The most painting I have sever done was my crystal mini custom and that took a few tries and a lot of Novas. ;)