UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate compatibility thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

POP! Vinyl figures are about 4-5 inches tall. I think the RV might be just a bit too big for Minimates. I've seen the TMNT Party Wagon van and the '66 Batmobile in person and they are pretty big and the proportions are skewed (as is the nature of the POP! design). It might work as a backdrop but I think it would still be a bit too far out of scale for believability.

I don't know... With the Batmobile, you clearly see the driver's seat and how out of scale it is to the Minimate. But the RV, I would think, would look much closer to right. Plus, the RV necessarily HAS to be scaled down more than the Batmobile, making the proportions closer to right

Yup. The RV is 27 feet long. The 66 Batmobile was just shy of 19. Therefore, the RV scales down 33 percent further, which should put it in Minimate range

- Forge

Edited by Mnemosis

• 2 weeks later...

Was able to pick up the GOTG Milano from the Hasbro(?) 2.5" line for £8.99 wish is over £15 cheaper than Amazon. Am going to use it to display my GOTG mates, gonna try and hang it above my other Movie-mates in the new display cases once I get them. After seeing how well this one goes with mates, i'm tempted to buy the other three in the line, just not sure i'd have the space for them.

It's a great looking toy, my only complaint is that there's only space for three figures, which leaves Groot and Rocket clinging to the outside.

Have to say Luke, i'd suggest carrying these in the store, cause they really are quite good accompaniments to minimates.

So here's the guardians relaxing and about to get attacked by Nebula and then the three mates inside the cockpit. Am just waiting on pieces and paint to modify Star-lord for a short jacket so he can sit in it properly

post-2039-0-66801800-1422067220_thumb.jp

post-2039-0-33101500-1422067253_thumb.jp

Edited by JoeyCrypts

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
On 7/4/2016 at 4:25 PM, TheKrisLyons said:

Snagged a call of duty mega blocks set solely for the German shepherd. Works pretty well, imo

XSvOfDo.jpg

I almost picked up a COD set with the horse for Minimates but wasn't sure if the 'mate legs could swing far enough apart to straddle the horse properly. (phrasing, I know)

I did get lucky at Target yesterday at lunch and got 4 packs of the Mega Bloks TMNT Mousers. They had the Series 2 blind bag case there and I felt all of them up. Bought 6 bags total and the first 4 were the Mousers. One I know is Splinter because of the kimono shaped "legs" block and the other I'm thinking might be the "rare" mystery figure. Debating taking them back or keeping them. Anyone have Splinter and can tell me if the head looks good on the Minimate body?

• 4 weeks later...

One of the Walgreen's near me had the Walking Dead Boiler Room on clearance for 4.99.  Haven't figured out mood lighting for pictures, so here's Shadowman in a brightly lit boiler room.

DSCN2520.jpg