UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate compatibility thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Picked up some of the Character building Deadly 60 and Mega Bloks Halo sets to see how they work with minimates and if multiples can be combined for larger and unique dioramas

First is the Mountain Set, took two of the same set and created thistumblr_nc9hhgCEbg1tmt713o2_1280.jpgtumblr_nc9hhgCEbg1tmt713o3_1280.jpg

then I combined two of the rainforest set

tumblr_nc9hhgCEbg1tmt713o6_1280.jpgtumblr_nc9hhgCEbg1tmt713o5_1280.jpg

then the under water set, have two but only used one so far, until I work out how I want to combine themtumblr_nc9hhgCEbg1tmt713o7_1280.jpgtumblr_nc9hhgCEbg1tmt713o4_1280.jpg

finally is the Halo Cryo Set, perfect for the winter soldier, although he only fits in when you remove his feet

tumblr_nc9hhgCEbg1tmt713o1_1280.jpg

let me know what you think?

Edited by JoeyCrypts

the Water set looks great, but is quite fragile cause of the "water" piece and the plants have trouble staying in place but they do look great when they do.

The cryo set is my favourite thing right now. gonna pick up a couple more. I wasn't sure about the mega bloks stuff but after seeing how well the Cryo tube works i'm thinking of picking up some of the dragon and castle sets for some asgardian characters and more halo for iron man, avengers and Guardians of the galaxy.

The call of Duty Zombie stuff look pretty good for a walking dead diorama but i'll wait and see if the price comes down first

well I got the Deadly 60 sets for £2 each at a shop called Home Bargains. the HALO set was TrU for £7.

don't know where you'd get them in America. Amazon has the smaller sets like the underwater and mountain sets, along with the artic and jungle sets(which I don't have) for $20-$25 and the larger sets for about $25-$30 don't know about shipping. If there's any left I can see about buying them and sending them out if its cheaper than amazon and you can paypal me the money. all i'd want is cost and some feedback in the Flea market section here tongue.png

Edited by JoeyCrypts

Not sure if anyone has posted these before but saw Hexbug Nano's with coffin cases at TRU ($6.99). I should have taken picture beside a minimate for scale but appear they would make a good fit; the coffin is slightly longer and wider than minimate (about 1/2 inch extra). Amazon link

attachicon.gif20140922_122411.jpg

wow, I was looking for coffin for a photo I'm planning to do for halloween, those will go with my tombstones quite nicely, Thanks.

Q8phUt4l.jpg

I picked up four sets of the deadly 60 stuff at my local Toys R Us. Thanks for the heads up joeycrypts

No problem, I'm gonna try and get some the other character building lines next. there's a church set that I think would look great with daredevil standing atop it.

He Hexbugs I just saw at a local Target store yesterday for $4.99. I got mine last year at TRU post holiday, but $3.99 is a better price....

Can you guys post box shots of the deadly 60 stuff, so I know what to look for?

Thanks! Those dioramas look great.

New COD Mega Bloks motorcycle! You actually have to build it, but it needs new handlebars though, I've already talked to Luke about getting some printed to fit Minimate hand diameters.

20140810_170652.jpg

YB, thanks for posting this... FINALLY came across them at the local TRU and grabbed a pair yesterday. I had been looking since the original post but everything seems to arrive slower to my area since the purge.

I thought it was clever how the bike assembles, no falling off parts. The size and scale are so nice for minimates.

Still can't figure how you got that Cap mate to sit on the bike. I'm using a best of Spidey and can't get the thigh section to part enough for me to slide him onto the seat. The main frame seems too wide... I'll keep on tinkering with it.

For some unknown reason my iPad won't let me upload pics any more :/

I got a helicopter today which is from the HM Forces range of Character building (the same people who make the Deadly 60 ones. I post all my stuff on Instagram under the name Millsanomics. I've also posted the pics in the minimate home away from home facebook page.

Michael's Craft store has their Halloween scale model season items on 1/2 sale. I picked up a package of coffins (3 in a pack) for $2.50. The coffins are a little small scale-wise for minimates, but should be good for background pictures. They are detailed nicely, and non-opening.

• 2 weeks later...