UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate compatibility thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Someone mentioned the Funko Boxos playsets a long time ago, but we thought that the set might be scaled for the 4 inch boxos, but the ones in the set are much smaller, making it perfect for Minimates!

And now they've got Batman, Star Wars and TMNT on the way, definitely grabbing them all.

boxos1.jpg

boxoscompare.jpg

post-682-0-34277000-1386723211_thumb.jpgpost-682-0-68824300-1386723245_thumb.jpgpost-682-0-23656600-1386723278_thumb.jpg

Came across this at TRU. It's from the Dub Garage Diecast Collection. The package says it's 1:32 scale and "wide body" style, which to me gives it a bit of the deformed look like Minimate vehicles have. It seems slightly bigger than other 1:32 scale vehicles. Unfortunately like other 1:32 vehicles, the interior doesn't have enough room to fit a mate. But it might be nice to add to a street scene or something. There's also a truck and an suv in the line.

Found a Minimate scaled cycle today in a Thrift Store (Unfortunately I have no idea who made it, just says China on it)

Motorcycle01_zpsf1728ff3.jpg

Daryl fits better on the cycle

Motorcycle02_zps4d1adf96.jpg

I also found a Stargate made by Best Lock at Target last night and it works pretty well with Minimates

Stargate_zps9808801f.jpg

• 1 month later...

So, C3 seems to be back in action with some WWE sets. Sure there's lots of ring/entrance stuff, but there seems to be some nicely minimate scale stuff scattered in there as well. You know, like this set: http://www.toysrus.com/buy/building-sets-blocks/wwe-stackdown-vehicle-with-figure-undertaker-21010-29571366 that has full on motorcycle.

Any of you Wrestling fans want to take the plunge on this before I drop 15 bucks on one of these in the hopes that we could finally have a minimate ready motorcycle?

• 4 weeks later...

i think someone in this thread has brought it up before, but I was curious about the Hasbro Shield Helicarrier (not the larger SDCC one)

I've seen reviews that its very cheaply made and far too small, but as a simply a base for minimates, can anyone here endorse it at a $40.00 price tag?

also for anyone who may have it, a few questions:

1. does it have any parts that are much too out of scale for minimates (chairs, handles, etc)

2. could it fit 2 max jets and a good amount of figures on it?

3. does it open up in any way shape or form

4. does it wobble?

Edited by undeadpool

I just ran across this today:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=GG10652&mode=retail&utm_source=retail_news&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=BigBadToyStore-Retail&utm_content=

Gentle Giant's site says the figures in Series 1 are 2 5/16" tall so I imagine these are the same height. The fence wouldn't be perfectly to scale or anything, but might look good in a display

Someone mentioned the Funko Boxos playsets a long time ago, but we thought that the set might be scaled for the 4 inch boxos, but the ones in the set are much smaller, making it perfect for Minimates!

And now they've got Batman, Star Wars and TMNT on the way, definitely grabbing them all.

boxos1.jpg

boxoscompare.jpg

I was wondering if those Funko Boxos sets were the right size for 'Mates.

So are these other sets the same size as this Iron Man one?

If so, they're a must buy. I haven't seen any in stores. A guy on YouTube mentioned they might be on sale at Barnes & Noble but he got his off eBay.

I even asked the Funko Twitter account and they never respond.

funkoboxobatmanplaysetbig_1.png

funkoboxobatmanplaysetbig.jpg

funko_papercraft.jpg

TMNT-Boxos-630x630.jpg

Funko-batman-papercraft-batcave-playset-

Funko-batman-papercraft-batcave-playset-

These paper craft sets look sooooooo dope.

Edited by cidman911

I got my Iron Man set from disney movie rewards. May have to check Barnes and Nobles to check that out.

edit - plenty of other Funko stuff, but didn't see any Boxos, and none on their website.

Edited by JeffBohn

I got my Iron Man set from disney movie rewards. May have to check Barnes and Nobles to check that out.

edit - plenty of other Funko stuff, but didn't see any Boxos, and none on their website.

I checked Hot Topic today where I saw some people Instagram that they got some from but they didn't have any more.

All they had were those Minecraft papercraft sets. The Minecraft stuff looked okay, it would make great display for the upcoming Figuarts Super Mario coming soon.

Minecraft-Papercraft-Overworld-Deluxe-Semario02.jpg

• 2 months later...