UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate compatibility thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh. "Sunshine Western Ranch"<BR><BR>Sigh... why is there never "Posh NYC Mansion", "Spralling Westchester Estate", or "Stately Manor" included in things like that?

Looks like Mattel is rebranding their Action League line; rather then selling two figures per set, each one comes with a large accessory that look to be Minimate compatable. Green Lantern, for instance, comes with a big construct gun, which should make many of you happy (though I suspect it might take some work to get it to attach to a Minimate hand). I picked up the set with the Atom and the long-awaited Plastic Man hang glider. Looks great with Minimates, though you've got to use some clear ties or something or they don't stay. Here's a small pic of Plas; I'd post one with a 'mate, but I think my wife has our camera.:blush:

90px-AL-plasticman-2.jpg

I spotted these at my TRU two weeks ago. Looked great...but had to pass them up. Wonder if they are still there? I took all the action league figures I had sitting atop my shelves at work and brought them home for my daughter to play with in the imaginext Batcave.

Edited by Jeff

The house does have a hinge at the peak of the roof. It doesn't have much range of motion and seems kind of flimsy to me. Definitely not made for larger hands either.

Here's the stage coach and wagon:

manwithnoname_zps335080a3.jpg

The horses just don't work with minimates imo.

walkingdead_zps7fe9a4d2.jpg

Picked this house up at Tractor Supply Company over the weekend. Made me think of the farm house in the Walking Dead. Comes with a stage coach and a covered wagon too; need to dig out my Man with No Name minis for pics of those.

Set was on sale for $19.99:

http://www.tractorsu...05#product_tabs

They also had a few other sets (a barn and a log cabin, for instance) that looked compatible.

ok who can help a brother out with this set...I have been all over the city today and did not find anything as nicely scaled as this set....would also be interested in any others that were mentioned like the barn

Jeff of the Miniacs

ok who can help a brother out with this set...I have been all over the city today and did not find anything as nicely scaled as this set....would also be interested in any others that were mentioned like the barn

Jeff of the Miniacs

I can stop by a Tractor Supply this week and I'll let you know what I find.

FYI, tomorrow is the last day of the 20% off sale at TSC. I'm hoping since toys are just a holiday thing there that they'll put them on sale cheaper, or have them heavily discounted right after Christmas to clear them out.

This is the barn I mentioned: http://www.tractorsupply.com/country-life-barn-playset-with-mat-5902833 and the log cabin: http://www.tractorsupply.com/wild-hunting-playset-assortment-5901578

And thanks for the nice words for my pictures. biggrin.gif

I was at Michael's last night (you know, like you do) and found this thing on the shelf:

http://doctordreadfullab.blogspot.com/2012/11/doctor-dreadful-alien-slime-drink.html

It seems to be a pretty awesome looking containment unit and in an appropriate scale, but I don't know if I'm ready to burn 15 bucks to find out. Anyone have any insight on this thing?

Jeff of the Miniacs

I can stop by a Tractor Supply this week and I'll let you know what I find.

thanks man I appreciate the help!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Here's the log cabin, and a 4 wheeler it came with:

One of these things is not like the other, one of these things doesn't belong...

So I'm guessing this has been tested by someone already, but does the LEGO Avengers Quinjet work well with Minimates? I have a possible way to get just the Quinjet and am curious to how the Minimates will work with it.