UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate compatibility thread

I was debating on getting this Star Trek Model bridge set for my minimates. My friend has that setup and it looks really nice. But then it was a lot of work, dropping about 25 for the specific one I liked and it was a model that required painting.

Its a lot of work but in the end well worth it. I bought the Cubes IT Guy for the Kirk chair and have that downloadable transporter pad.

I saw the Super Hero Squad Quinjet today at TRU while not perfect I think it will work pretty well with Minimates.

I bought one, and it's pretty big. Plus, there's no buckle or anything for them, so the figures slide around quite a bit. But it's probably the closest we're going to get to a Minimates Quinjet, so I'll take it.

Also just bought the SHS headquarters, AKA the Shield Helicarrier. That works much better with Minimates (though of course it's ridiculously out of scale if you think of the size of the actual Helicarrier in the comics). I believe it's on sale for $25 at TRU through the weekend.

I was thinking the same thing about the Quinjet's interior. My plan is to paint it and maybe pose some Avengers around it.

Oh and both of you... PICS!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some new compatibility finds: Minimate-scale canines!

This block-figure police dog came with a Takara Tomy truck I found. They usually come with a similar-style block person.

DSC07418.jpg

th_DSC07419.jpg th_DSC07420.jpg th_DSC07421.jpg

Next, some really tiny gashapon puppies! I should clean out that capsule machine next time and I'll have a whole mini-kennel.

DSC07427.jpg

th_DSC07430.jpg th_DSC07431.jpg th_DSC07429.jpg

The unwrapping:

th_DSC07422.jpg th_DSC07426.jpg

The little paper that lists the different "breeds" available:

th_DSC07423.jpg th_DSC07424.jpg th_DSC07425.jpg

... and yet I still can't find myself a Terror Dog or Lockjaw minimate. :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone got any ideas for electric chairs to go with the Scoleri brothers?

Also, if you're a little handy, I cannot recommend sheet styrene as well as styrene rods/tube enough for making custom accessories. They come in a variety of sizes/thicknesses, some of which are perfect for Minimate hands. You can pick some up at your local hobby shop.

Edited by Shamrock

I saw the first photo and thought, "Nah, those bright primary colors won't work with Minimates." The next two photos proved me wrong. They look great together. I think I'm going to have to hunt this set down. How much was it?

Where did the train come from?

I saw the first photo and thought, "Nah, those bright primary colors won't work with Minimates." The next two photos proved me wrong. They look great together. I think I'm going to have to hunt this set down. How much was it?

Where did the train come from?

I think it was $18.74 plus tax. It's usually 25 I think but is on sale for the month til nov. 4. I'm thinking about picking another one up painting it. The train I got along time ago, but toysrus express did have one like it on sale for $39.99 usually 50.

• 3 weeks later...
here is an imaginext playset that is still available and would look awesome with Ghostbuster minimates...N0764_d_1.jpg

I found one of these sets at a consignment store for ~$8, scale's pretty good, works well for the MAX figures and Ghostbusters.

post-28-1289232444_thumb.jpgpost-28-1289232449_thumb.jpg

post-28-1289232460_thumb.jpgpost-28-1289232465_thumb.jpg

post-28-1289232470_thumb.jpg

post-28-1289232477_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

So I was surfin around and found some neat brick arms weapons at a website that were all Sci-fi based...really cool stuff like Halos plasma blade and Megatrons gun form and the Auto 9 from Robocop...problem was the site was crazy expensive to ship from...so I went to the actual Brickarms site and in turn they linked me to a distributor site in Canada!! score!! shipping was cheap and ridiculously fast!

link -> http://www.brickrepublic.com/servlet/StoreFront

anyways here is my buddy Kon to show off some of the new pieces of hardware - click image to see bigger

the pulse rifle from Aliens

th_DSCF6927.jpg

Robocops Auto 9...I liked it so much I had to have 2!

th_DSCF6931.jpg

th_DSCF6930.jpg

th_DSCF6928.jpg

HALOs plasma blade - I know we have one now but these ones come in different colours! this one was the only one that was a hassle to trim the handle down

th_DSCF6926.jpg

the Luger - Bucky Cap already has one in my display case and the Red Skull has been eyeing this one up as well!

th_DSCF6925.jpg

last but not least is the mighty decepticon leader Megatron! I ordered two of this one since I knew my son would want one for his Lego guys and no sooner had the package arrived then his cowboy lego minifigure had himself a weapon upgrade

th_DSCF6924.jpg

Jeff of the Miniacs

Robocops Auto 9...I liked it so much I had to have 2!

th_DSCF6931.jpg

Jeff of the Miniacs

awesome set of casters...i bet deadpool would look good sporting those!

moc847

Yah I love the brickarms stuff and I have been using the stuff for alot of my customs figs.

Edited by Kenx

• 3 months later...

In my experience Stikfas accessories mostly err on the larger side of the 3" scale, so they'd already be too big for Minimates bar maybe some of the tinier accessories like the handguns and such. You'd also need to shave down the handles (like with Lego accessories) to make them fit a Minimate's grip.

Hope this helps.