UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate compatibility thread

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me like :)

You know, every time I browse our toy stores here I always see a couple of dollhouses that might be adequately Minimate-scale and serviceable as an Avengers/X-Men/Wayne Mansion of some sort, the one drawback to me always being the excessive girlyness of them... the pink, the furniture, the... *shudder*

Perhaps with some paint, spare miniature furnishings and some actual talent these floral abominations could be salvaged. Maybe.

25th Anniversary Duke from GI Joe has a pair that are very small, likely fitting in with Minimates. If I get some time, I'll take pics.

That is wrong on so many levels.....

Have any of you looked at the Ni Hao Kai-Lan sets in the preschool area? Those look to be in scale. I haven't purchased any yet, but plan to once I find a new job and have some stability in my finances.

Also there's a new Smurfs mushroom house out, also in the preschool area that could be in scale as well. It comes in 3 colors.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got a Delorian for my 'Mates. Went with the smaller, Welly version, because it was much, much cheaper than the Sunstar ones. Well worth the price, if anyone was thinking of picking one up. Currently got this one in the office:

post-1827-1248213641_thumb.jpg

Had to take Spidey's legs off to fit him in there. Even doing that, Marty won't fit in the car with the door closed, because his hair-piece is too big.

Having driven a real DeLorean some years ago my memories are much the same....the doors never shut properly & you felt as if your legs were way ,way too long. The guy who owned it said proudly that "a DeLorean will leave most things behind" ....meaning (I guess) that it was quicker than most other cars.....in reality these heaps of shite would regularly leave back-axles,mufflers ,fenders & suspension items.....behind :P

A mythical automotive masterpiece .

Despite that reality check.....nice picture Sam which made me smile :D

Edited by buttheadsmate

As requested, here is a pic of John Connor with Duke's binoculars. Can't really pose him holding them over his eyes, though.

post-1827-1248224817_thumb.jpg

And the Delorean may be a crap car, but I think it is a real shame that all car doors don't open that way.

I was walking down the toy aisle and saw the toys for the terrible looking GForce movie about special agent gerbils or something. Anyway one of the figures came with this computer like thing that would look pretty awesome in a Batcave. The seat was off to the side out of the box so I heated it with a hair dryer and then cooled it with water. The minimates sit on it very nicely. So if you need a command console for your batcave or AIM Agents $6 isn't a bad price. Here are some pictures.

cpu005.jpg

cpu006.jpg

cpu004.jpg

cpu003.jpg

cpu002.jpg

cpu001.jpg

I can think of several people who need a computer like that.

Great find.

minimadman, are these the G-Force toys you were talking about?

Huh, if the whole thing wasn't overtly rodent-themed, it would actually be pretty good for 'mates.

Thats the set if you look at the side bar on the right. There are three of them. Pretty cool lab set too. That would totally work as an A.I.M. or Hydra base.

Edited by Rheul

Huh, if the whole thing wasn't overtly rodent-themed, it would actually be pretty good for 'mates.

I've been eyeing that set at TRU waiting for it to go on Clearance (too bad the movie did well, it's probably gonna be a year or so before that happens...) since it does look like, minus the habit-trails, it'd make a pretty sweet lab for Tony Stark

Hallmark has some japanese erasers that are food items. They may be a little big. The table, however, is not.

I've seen some of these at another store. They didn't have a table, but they had a perfect sized penguin that would look awesome for Penguin to steal. Not sure what the texture is like on them, but it would be even better if you could pant it gold, or a stone color.

Just got myself this and this. The chair and the trophies were just too cool to pass up. Everything's pretty much in 1:24 scale but it was still awesome.

Hopefully I can come back and get more of this stuff. Gotta get some more of those little tool sets and steel barrels and traffic cones.

Some of the accessories might still outsize minimates though, however they're still better than anything else I've seen locally so far. And apparently these have been sitting in our local mall for a few months now... Moral lesson every collector should know by now: leave no corner of the toy department unturned ;)

Some comparison pics:

quikupAug8002.jpg

quikupAug8003.jpg

quikupAug8004.jpg

Chair may be a bit on the tall side, but I still love it. Also, Penguin now has penguins :P