UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Need help from Lego experts

My nephew wants an Indiana Jones Lego set he saw that featured Indy with a sword. Is this just a child's imagination or does such a set exist? I have found Indy sets with a whip or gun, but no sword.

Thanks for the help!

My nephew wants an Indiana Jones Lego set he saw that featured Indy with a sword. Is this just a child's imagination or does such a set exist? I have found Indy sets with a whip or gun, but no sword.

Thanks for the help!

I don't think such a thing exists, at least not where a sword is Indy's designated weapon. Your nephew may have seen the back of one of the packages, where Lego deconstructs the original design and uses the parts a different way. Indy may have ended up with a sword that way.

My kids have the motorcycle set and the Well of Souls set.... no Sword, but their are a couple of pikes in the Well set. If any were likely to have a sword, it'd be the big set with the boulder... it's got lots of cannibals/natives and one might have a sword or spear or something.

Happy hunting.

Thanks for the help!

Shane

I think he may be talking about set 7627 "temple of the crystal skull" this is from the forthcoming film and is to be released in august, to my knowledge this is the only lego set(so far) to include a sword but it for another character not Indy, hope this helps -Matt

7627-1.jpg

Has he been looking at sets that haven't been released yet? There are some from the movie yet to be shown here in the US. A couple of those could fit the description if you can tell me a bit more about what's in it.

It could be the Jungle Duel set - that one deals mostly with a sword fight (although Indy isn't involved). The Jungle Cutter set looks AWESOME, but I don't think Indy comes with any swords in that one. (A bazooka, but no swords.)

LMK and I'll see what I can dig up.

OK, now remember, I am dealing with a 6 year old kid here... he is calling it a "lost Tomb" set. If there is really such a thing by that name is anyone's guess.

Are any of the Indy Lego sets being released anytime soon?

Yes. They have released a Lost Tomb set. http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Product.aspx?...cn=519&d=70

If you zoom in on the set and then zoom in on the grey hieroglyphics, you'll see a little surprise there...

Here's everything that's out currently:

http://shop.lego.com/ByTheme/Leaf.aspx?cn=519&d=70

I know of 4 more sets due to be out around the time the movie is released.

R2!! Awesome! Thanks for that quick help. This must be the set he wants and the sword must be something he imagined. I can always pick him up a Lego sword.

Thanks again folks!

R2!! Awesome! Thanks for that quick help. This must be the set he wants and the sword must be something he imagined. I can always pick him up a Lego sword.

That torch sort of looks like a flaming sword. . .

lol those hieroglyphics are cool I hope that there is something like that in the real movie its will just be funny.

Thats from Raiders of the Lost Ark. It's in there along with a whole bunch of other hidden goodies. The pole Indy and Marion are tied to late in the movie has R2's head attached to the top.

lol those hieroglyphics are cool I hope that there is something like that in the real movie its will just be funny.

There was... That set is from the original raiders of the lost ark... not the new movie coming out...

T.

I also have a question for you lego experts out there, thought this would be better than starting a new thread. Do the normal lego bricks fit minimates feet? And if they do, are there any particular sets that look good with minimates like any batman ones or buildings?

Edited by NewGoblin23

Yeah, LEGO is compatible with minimate feet. I don't use the two together though. The extra .5 inch height difference of the Minimates makes for an ill fit with LEGO. Of course, you can always customize.

Another option is the Jack Stone theme. The Jack Stone Minifigs are 2" tall, just like the Minimates. The only downside to this is that I don't think LEGO produces these sets anymore so you'd have to find them on the secondary market.

I was just wondering because my minimates keep falling down in my display case and I need something so they can stand up so I was wondering if theyre feet fit in the lego bricks. Ill look for those sets you mentioned.....

I think this is what you're looking for...

http://www.minimatemultiverse.com/index.ph...amp;#entry66833

Yup, something like that. i picked up a green base today and it works great but the walmart I bought it at didnt have one of those basic lego boxes :(

If you have a Tuesday Morning near you, then that is the place to pick those up. That green base costs 6 bucks at TRU. Those slightly smaller, plastic bases, with Minimate pieces, costs $5 at Tuesday Morning (it's listed as being over 50% off). I actually haven't seen them at Wal-Marts, Targets, or TRUs.

• 1 year later...

OK Lego experts, I need some help. I have a bunch of Lego Star Wars sets MISB that I wanted to get rid of. It seems that Legos actually go up in value, but wanted to get an idea of what I could expect to get for these retired sets:

4484- mini Tie Advanced/X-Wing set

4485- mini Anakin's Podracer/Sebulba's Podracer set

4486- mini AT-ST/Snowspeeder set

4487- mini Jedi Starfighter/Slave I set

7110- Landspeeder

7111- Droid Fighter

7131- Anakin's Podracer

7151- Sith Infiltrator

7153- Jango Fett's Slave I

7166- Imperial Shuttle

7190- Millenium Falcon

7200- Final Duel I

8000- Pit Droid (Technic)

8001- Battle Droid (Technic)

Is there any kind of reputable online source for Lego set values? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by handsomedevil

Is there any kind of reputable online source for Lego set values? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'd suggest Brick Link. Since you have set numbers the easiest way to search would be to select "Catalog Items" in the dropdown at the top and plug the set number into the search. On the results page look for "Lots for Sale" area. From there you can get a feel for what sellers are asking for. Look for the "New - Sealed" or "New - Complete" conditions, I'm not really sure what the difference is.

Here's a sample link for the Imperial Shuttle. Second page has some New sets for sale.

EDIT - added a helpful verb to make a complete sentence.

Edited by Ivan