UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Kubrick Talk

TBT!

Went to Gamestop and found Halo Kubrick Series 2! Picked up the variant set with a Pink Master Chief and also another variant set with a Purple Master Chief! Didnt even know a purple one existed. Another strange thing, the case had none of the "regular" set with the White Master Chief... anyone hear any word on that? Only white ones I found on ebay have a press photo...

I read somewhere else that someone only saw the "variant" packs at their game store. I wonder about the actual rarity of the pink ones. . .

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read somewhere else that someone only saw the "variant" packs at their game store. I wonder about the actual rarity of the pink ones. . .

I'm thinking that maybe they dropped the white one and replaced it with the pink for the regular set and made the purple the variant. I called around 6 Gamestops and all have pink ones. I just messaged one of the ebay sellers offering the white set with the press photo to see if they actually have them.

In other news, it seems "Stealthchase" is a Kubrick fan as well, he beat me to a Black Master Chief set *sigh* lol

In other news, it seems "Stealthchase" is a Kubrick fan as well, he beat me to a Black Master Chief set *sigh* lol

Uh oh! That guy is a real challenge to my good-mini figure-deal-finding abilities. He knows where the deals are and how to find them, no doubt.

Got a response from the seller and they said all the ones they got in have a white Master Chief, so I guess there's 3 total sets this series. I also just noticed that the green Master Chief in this series has battle damage markings- pretty cool =)

Went to Gamestop and found Halo Kubrick Series 2! Picked up the variant set with a Pink Master Chief and also another variant set with a Purple Master Chief! Didnt even know a purple one existed. Another strange thing, the case had none of the "regular" set with the White Master Chief... anyone hear any word on that? Only white ones I found on ebay have a press photo...

I need to strike soon on these 'K' & ,as of now, we (especially me) are unsure which is the variant? Pink or Purple? Whilst trawling the bay (eBay) I noticed the asking price of the 'Black Set' :ohmy:

There is actually 3 sets.

1) "Regular" set with Gray, Yellow, Green, and White.

2) "Gamestop/EBgames Exclusive" set with Gray, Yellow, Green, and Pink.

3) "Variant" set with Gray, Yellow, Green, and Purple.

So really, the pink isnt limited in quantity, just limited to what store its sold at. I picked up the variant set at Gamestop too, so they are getting those as well. I ordered a white set from ebay but they should be pretty common soon.

I saw that Black set on eBay and while I was tempted, I refuse to pay that much. I waited this long- guess I can wait some more lol

:(

My fast-track to the poorhouse has been facilitated by these little f#ck$ once again. . .

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...bayphotohosting

I couldn't pass on that one, though. "You. . .are. . .a TOY!!" I love that movie :)

Think how popular you'll be in the poor house.

Is there anybody left that doesn't know I went to SDCC ? Anyway ,apart from a couple of overpriced items on obscure retail booths,there was diddly regarding Kubricks. Diamond had a set of Halo on display & a poster depicting the upcoming 'Lost' kubricks.....that was it.

• 2 months later...

This is not an official Medicom product. In fact, the figures look pretty terrible. BUT, the accessories could be really great:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NO-DOUBT-Action-Figure...bayphotohosting

If a Kubrick "Electric Mayhem" were ever created, then this would be an absolute no-brainer.

Finally got a Gray Fox aka Ninja to go with my Solid Snake and he is AWESOME =)

1007081323.jpg

I would be embarrassed to show my Kubrick collection at this point. It is pretty obscene. But after re-playing Twin Snakes during Gustav, Gray Fox is one of the Kubs that I am still missing and really want.

On another note, has anyone heard any news about the Ghostbusters Kubricks yet?

I'm more concerned about the lack of & price of Lost 'Secret Chases'.

I think that Ben and Desmond are lame figures, so though I would like to get the "regular" seven at some point, I don't really care if I find the chases. . .though with prices like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Medicom-Kubrick-Lost-F...bayphotohosting

It is almost enough to make one buy a couple cases, just for the profit that could be made.

And just to show you how wacky Kubrick collectors are, this ended recently:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Medicom-LOST-Kubrick-S...id=p3286.c0.m14

with no bids. Why? Because he doesn't have his little cane. So, essentially, people are willing to pay $120+ for him with a little plastic stick:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Medicom-Lost-Kubrick-S...id=p3286.c0.m14

but not 1/3 that price for him without it. OCD!

Edited by karamazov80

• 1 month later...

Just saw this on Kubrick Nation:

Good God! But damn if these wouldn't be awesome to own. According to the poster at Kubrick Nation, they cost $2000 for the set. They are about 2 1/4 feet tall each

Edited by karamazov80

I'm not sure if this is new or newsworthy but it's yet another version of Indy. Now I'm not sure if you get the watch free with the kubrick or the kubrick free with the watch?

post-638-1226578121_thumb.jpg post-638-1226578152_thumb.jpg

Yeah, I saw this discussed on Kubrick Nation. I love how Medicom create such great references to vintage, carded action figures (the carded Star Wars also get vintage-y cards--even the Spawn ones got little clam-shells like McFarlane Toys uses!). If they even do modern GI Joes in Kubrick format, and create vintage cards with Kubrick Joes doing their iconic card-poses. . .then I'll probably lose control over my bowels (hopefully only temporarily).

Edited by karamazov80

I was wondering if anyone could point me in direction of a US based online dealer that has The Universal Monsters Kubricks. I know I am jumping on these very late and ebay may be my only place. But any helping point me to a website would be appreciated.

Edited by Mulder

I was wondering if anyone could point me in direction of a US based online dealer that has The Universal Monsters Kubricks. I know I am jumping on these very late and ebay may be my only place. But any helping point me to a website would be appreciated.

http://www.verycoolthings.com/vct/Neo_getp...mp;itemID=13583

Blind boxed, though.Some people here have had bad experiences with the above site, but I haven't.

http://www.cryptoys.com/Pages/universal.monsters.phantom.htm

EBay's the way to go. Complete and near complete lots of those pop up periodically, and don't necessarily go for very much. I seem to remember seeing sets minus variant going for less than 20 bucks not too long ago. I actually came damn close to getting the Invisible Man yesterday, but I'm going to hold off for a lot with him, Dracula, and Wolfman, so it will be cheaper. I've only got Frank, and he's pretty cool.

• 4 weeks later...

*crickets chirping....*

So this thread has been quiet for a while now and figured it could use a new post =)

Through the help of 2 generous members here, my Metal Gear Kubrick collection is growing strongly! Yesterday on ebay, I picked up the Snake with Alligator mask and a case of 20 Kubrick display cubes for them. That Snake was my biggest want so its cool to say I finally own him. If anyone cares, I'll post a pic once everything arrives =)

So anyone else pick up anything cool Kubrick wise? Hear any interesting news?

That Snake is my sole remaining Kubrick "grail." I bet he wasn't cheap! I couldn't justify his price right now. If I was going to spend big bucks on a Snake w/ gator head, I would go with this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-MEDICOM-RAH-METAL-...A1%7C240%3A1318

That Snake is my sole remaining Kubrick "grail." I bet he wasn't cheap! I couldn't justify his price right now. If I was going to spend big bucks on a Snake w/ gator head, I would go with this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-MEDICOM-RAH-METAL-...A1%7C240%3A1318

No, definately not cheap at all LOL Came out to $155 shipped. Other than the elusive olive drab one, I figured I would get most expensive figure I needed out of the way. I really wanted him though =) Do you know how much the olive drab one typically goes for? Haven't seen one on ebay...

The figure in that link is pretty awesome! The Alligator mask is so realistic, it must look hilarious when hes wearing it.

No, definately not cheap at all LOL Came out to $155 shipped. Other than the elusive olive drab one, I figured I would get most expensive figure I needed out of the way. I really wanted him though =) Do you know how much the olive drab one typically goes for? Haven't seen one on ebay...

The figure in that link is pretty awesome! The Alligator mask is so realistic, it must look hilarious when hes wearing it.

I think I've seen one or two Olive Drabs, and it seems like they went for around the same price as the other croc head version.

Here is a pic of RAH Snake w/croc head on:

http://www.toys2.net/product.php?productid...=104&page=2