UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Kubrick Talk

TBT!

Oh, Logan's manboobs hurt my eyes. For me, minimates always look more "natural" than Kubricks, a closer approximation of the human form. Probably because they are more in proportion (legs are longer than the torso) and because they are more similar to the Lego block figures of my childhood. Kubricks always look somehow wrong to me-irregular and "blocky" in a way more traditional block figures don't. The only thing Ilike better about Kubricks is that there are so many different varieties-I would love Muppet, Sesame Street, and Disney minimates for example.

Thanks for inspiring this thread Jay, and thanks for starting it off with these great pictures buttheadsmate!

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a minimate guy but there are some kubricks that are really cool, the sex pistols and MGS2 ones I own are totally sweet. Yeah they are oddly unarticulated and clunky but I think that kubrick should get kudos for really capturing faces, the look on Jonny Rotten and Sid vicious are scarily accurate :)

T.

p.s. If anyone has a spare Iron Man Kubrick they want to part with let me know ;)

Do the Kubrick hands fit on the minimates? I think the Kubrick Wolverine's claws look much better and would look cool on a mate.

BS

Nope, although I'm sure with a little jiggery pokery it could work, but you'd have to drill out the minimate arms a little to get the kubrick hands to fit, also they are a lot bigger and look odd!

T.

Nope, although I'm sure with a little jiggery pokery it could work, but you'd have to drill out the minimate arms a little to get the kubrick hands to fit, also they are a lot bigger and look odd!

T.

Jiggery Pokery being the highly techincal term of course. :P

• 2 months later...

Found this pic over at the wizard site, and I gotta say I'm pretty excited they are doing another boxset! All the different color armors will look awesome when displayed together. Anyone else like these?!?!

Halo Kubricks Boxset #2!!!

For those curious about those released thus far:

Boxset 1:

Green

Red

Blue

Active Camo (Clear)

Variant: Black

Bloxset 2:

Green

Gray

Yellow

White

Variant: Lavender

There was also a Master Chief Kubrick sold by himself but doesn't appear to be any different than the one in the boxset.

Are-Jay

• 2 weeks later...

I started a topic about this under the "future licenses" section. Here's what I wrote there:

I really was hoping for Lost Minimates. Kubricks just won't cut it. I guess I should be glad they're not Shockinis, at least. These look pretty terrible. I stared at this for about a minute wondering "where's Jack?" before I realized that what I took to be Jin was, in fact, Jack.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have to have Minimates.......this is a sad, sad day. With Kubricks that means we will probably NEVER get Minimates.....

neo

*runs off and cries*

HATE THEM! They are horrid. I love Lost but hate Kubricks. Ugly!

i love the show, but the kubricks just dont appeal to me. not because they are ugly. but the just dont look "person" enough. they would look MUCH better 'mated, and would look more appealing attract alot more people than what the 24 and some movie mates.

Put me in the "ick!" camp, and not just because I'm brand-loyal to MiniMates. I've never cared for Kubricks. I got the first wave of Marvel from eBay before MiniMates were introduced. (BTW, there's a line that's co-existing with Minimates, so Lost 'Mates can still happen.) They didn't look good, were hardly posable, and just felt cheap all around.

The likenesses are all right (except Kate), but the bodies are just awful. I'll hold out for the MiniMates.

If anything, this proves that the Lost characters will translate well to block figures. Despite my adoration of Lost, I won't be picking these up. But I'd walk over hot coals for Lost Minimates!

I wonder if there's a Kubrick fan site where everybody talks about how they hate those Doctor Who Minimates....

Does anyone know what that accessory with Hurley is? Is that a scale?! Did they give him a scale because he's the fat guy? Jeez Louise....

"Previously on 'Kubrick Talk'...."

I wonder if there's a Kubrick fan site where everybody talks about how they hate those Doctor Who Minimates....

Does anyone know what that accessory with Hurley is? Is that a scale?! Did they give him a scale because he's the fat guy? Jeez Louise....

Looks like a CD player to me!

T.

That license has nice potential. Too bad Kubricks are so Blah.... they can't touch minimates when it comes to articulation and detail.

I know I won't be bothering with these

Kubricks don't cut it in many ways especially articulation but the Star Wars Kubricks ,for example,are little short of superb when it comes to detail. These Lost Kubricks look great to me but I agree I'd love to see them as Minimates . Kubricks always succeed in one respect that Minimates always tend to fail....they exist ....they are here.... whilst we'll get the 'mates .....one day :(

"Previously on 'Kubrick Talk'...."

Looks like a CD player to me!

T.

That certainly makes more sense, though he needs headphones....