UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Kubrick Talk

TBT!

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just saw some sweet pics of the Losties on pg 13. I didn't know they did a Desmond and Ben, as I haven't seen them on the bay.

Yeah those are my LOST kubricks. I have all of them except the two chases (Ben and Desmond) and the jack two pack which is easily found. Just havnt got around to buying it. As for Ben and Desmond....well good luck. They rarely come up on eBay and when they do they go for hundreds of dollars. Each.

And as for kubrick collectors here on the forum. There is probably only a very small handful of us. For some figures, I have found better luck on the UK ebay.

I believe the line is dead. But I'm not sure. They are still producing bear bricks. But who wants those? :)

Medicom have their own exhibition each year,each year they re-release in a Kenner styled blister-package a 'limited' figure .......this year it was a Jedi Knight Luke . Sam of course is right about the other re-releases & I have long teased you that Tarkin will be one of them eventually . My conspiracy theory has always been that Medicom stock-pile their chases .

Maybe Santa will secretly send you something whistling.gif

Edited by buttheadsmate

• 3 years later...

A question ..........why would a fairly common kubrick version of Kermit that used to sell for about $30 suddenly be 'worth' many $100s  ?   Is this just another example of lunatic ebay sellers or have I missed something? The item I am on about is the 'Supreme' packaged version . 'Supreme' ( I have figured) is a skateboard company ...are they a big deal ,is that the reason ?

I have that Tarkin!  My SW Kubrick collection consists of about a dozen figures.  Very cool figures, but I think the repacks and spotty distribution killed the line.

On 8/13/2018 at 11:12 AM, Shanester said:

I have that Tarkin!  My SW Kubrick collection consists of about a dozen figures.  Very cool figures, but I think the repacks and spotty distribution killed the line.

How married are you to that Tarkin? ?

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, he is one of the key Star Wars figures that eluded me from the Kubrick line.  On a related note, I saw these appear on Sideshow's site recently:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dc-comics-bearbrick-batman-justice-league-version-400-medicom-toy-903948/

I don't recall ever seeing Kubs or Be@rs being sold on SSC.

Why anybody would want to buy bearbricks is still beyond me.......although I will never knock anybody's choice of toy.

Tarkin .   I once had 2 of this figure ......I still have one, goodness knows where the other went ?:wink:

I am one short of having the entire (100%) SW Kubrick collection ........I refuse to pay $300+ for any mini figure .  It will come one day . 

I'll 'out' myself publicly by saying that a certain member here has been way too patient with me regards a few Kubrick 'promises' .......it is heartening for me to recall from comments in this thread that I always 'come through' but you sometimes have to wait for me to come up to speed.:blush:

Since Kubricks are relatively unpopular now, at least in the western world, I know some real deals could be found on eBay from time to time.  I recall BHM getting some doozies every now and again, with lots of maybe 10-20 figures for pocket change.  But those super rare Star Wars chases?  The popularity of the license and rarity of the figures might make it hard to find a reasonable deal.  If anyone can find it, though, I know it's Rob! 

Edited by karamazov80

Fringe & Breaking Bad blusets are on my shelf awaiting cold winter nights , I have yet to see either show at all. :thumbsup:

I do have a few bearbricks especially because Medicom used to sneak them into various joint Kubrick/bearbrick releases ....when I think about it I have many :blush:  

Recently I picked up the very elusive Puffa Puffa Rice bearbrick which was the 1/96 chase figure for one of the Kelloggs Kubrick series.....it's officially a Kubrick.......go figure ! I'd been after it for years (yawn yawn) just for completion's sake.

What about Bawbricks or B@wbricks as my Eastern friends marketed them ?  Dog & cat articulated Kubrick-like critters.  Yep....... I have all but one of them ......whoopee do.:D

You can go years thinking you have everything in the Kubrick line & then you see something on eBay that was never on your radar ......then maybe you buy it & spend years thinking "why?" 

Breaking Bad is easily one of the top 5 shows I've ever seen.  But I'm not sure I ever want to watch it again!  Intentionally very tough to sit through at times.

I had to Google this guy:

https://ameblo.jp/okaimonoseikatu/entry-10233435306.html

Only in Japan is something like this an elusive, highly desirable figure (well, I guess also in some parts of the UK :D).

On 9/2/2018 at 3:05 PM, buttheadsmate said:

What about Bawbricks or B@wbricks as my Eastern friends marketed them ?  Dog & cat articulated Kubrick-like critters.  Yep....... I have all but one of them ......whoopee do.:D

The one Bawbrick I have, (at least I think it's technically a Bawbrick?), is the one included with the Cosmonauts set. That set is one of my favorite toys in my collection.

Cosmonauts , a beautiful set ........& very definitely a Bawbrick .   

If anybody is still interested .....the only bawbrick I don't own is a light coloured blue dog of an undisclosed breed that was given as a bonus when you bought a certain piece of genuine Medicom merchandise.......the very desirable ,36" long ,Giant Banana Plush Cushion . :sarcasm-1:    I realise that I'm not always taken 'seriously' but trust me on this one ....I ain't kidding .

There's also a (fairly readily available on eBay)  Medicom Kubrick Warhol Banana 'set' which features ol' Andy , a bawbrick, a bearbrick & a life size banana ......trust me once more or go on eBay !!!  I'm not sure whether Medicom call the latter item a 'Bananabrick' ? 

I enjoy my Kubrick collection in a way that is so very different from my enjoyment of my minimate collection.....there is stuff within it that is so bloody sad but there are some items that I just adore.

I would love to share my thoughts on some of the odder things about kubricks but I know I'd very quickly get into hot water because much of what I'd say would be considered to be racist. 

I'll hasten to add that ol'butt has no racist bone in his body but he has a clear perception of the obvious intentions of others & those boys at Medicom have  had a lot to answer for over the years. 

Another random thought would be ....go buy yourself a Beatles 400% Kubrick set.......there are 3 types ( I am missing the Sgt.Peppers set<_<) & they are bloody amazing. Technically they don't exist as legit kubricks but ....they are & they are great.......as are the 3 Tony the Tiger Kelloggs kubricks 

Spoiler

....on flaming motorcycles .....don't tell MisterPL