UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

24 minimates cancelled!!

Well i hate to be the one bringing bad news (but that seems to be one of my main functions here!! :blink: )

but the 24 minimate line has been cancelled, probably due to poor sale's of past waves :(

obviously buying multiple sets for custom fodder did nothing to boost sale's

RIP 24 you'll be missed (i really wanted that axe from the 2-pack :( )

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i hate to be the one bringing bad news (but that seems to be one of my main functions here!! :blink: )

but the 24 minimate line has been cancelled, probably due to poor sale's of past waves :(

On a serious note ,any cancelled line is bad news but will we really miss it?

On a less-serious note you really do remind me of that famous WWII hero........Corporal Frazier from Dad's Army....''Weer doomed,doomed.....doomed I tell yee'' :(

I would so dearly love 'Dad's Army Minimates' :D

On a serious note ,any cancelled line is bad news but will we really miss it?

On a less-serious note you really do remind me of that famous WWII hero........Corporal Frazier from Dad's Army....''Weer doomed,doomed.....doomed I tell yee'' :(

I would so dearly love 'Dad's Army Minimates' :D

funny you should mention Dads Army as i'm off to see this on saturday

http://www.theatreroyal.com/prod-productio...ails.asp?pid=76

Is there a link to where this info surfaced? And it's curious that there was an announcement since most lines simply fade away.

well.... I wanted to up my order of the 2 packs to a case for custom fodder, like you do, the lcs contacted the the rep/supplier in the US they said "huuuuummm these don't seem to be on our list's anymore?????"

the lcs sent me an e-mail saying there seemed a problem with the 24 minimates so i went straight to Chris at DST saying " some rep in the US says theres a problem with the 24 line" and he said "The 24 Season 3 Minimates have been cancelled."

all of this happened pretty much within 2 hours, man i really wanted that axe & bullet proof shirt :angry::angry:

Baah! I wanted a Chloe to round out CTU!

I hope this doesn't bode ill for the other wave 3s coming up (BTTF, Rocky) but I guess I wouldn't be that surprised. Perhaps the best strategy for the moviemates is to get out the key characters in one set, count on the novelty to sell it through, and move on to another license...

Baah! I wanted a Chloe to round out CTU!

I hope this doesn't bode ill for the other wave 3s coming up (BTTF, Rocky) but I guess I wouldn't be that surprised. Perhaps the best strategy for the moviemates is to get out the key characters in one set, count on the novelty to sell it through, and move on to another license...

Thats the way I would do it. One box set / 4 or 5 pack for a movie, and then move on.

I mean don't get me wrong, I like the FFDM set, but 3 sets later I am going to be Clint Eastwooded out!

the lcs sent me an e-mail saying there seemed a problem with the 24 minimates so i went straight to Chris at DST saying " some rep in the US says theres a problem with the 24 line" and he said "The 24 Season 3 Minimates have been cancelled."

Thanks for the info winkerbean. I'm not that surprised by the cancellation. I imagine the cost of the line was quite high with all of the new sculpts so sales expectations must have been equally high. I've never seen an episode of the show so I wasn't collecting the line but I was definitely interested in it for custom purposes.

Strange that DST was so open about the cancellation. As I said before they usually are quite tight-lipped. I wonder what's different about this license? Is it possible that the line isn't cancelled only the season 3 box set?

I missed '24' series 1 when it was broadcast on UK TV. I was unaware of its existence until the last few episodes were aired so I waited until the first day the DVD set was released.That day was ,I think, Thursday. I watched the first episode at 7 p.m. Thursday night & by Saturday afternoon at 5 p.m. I had watched all 18 hours! Absolutely terrific show. By series 4 it had become stale :ohmy: . I draw the parallel with the 'Mates. Rocky 'Mates will go the same way IMOP ,just give us Mr.T first.

I'm most disappointed that they didn't get to do that cool corduroy hoodie that Jack wore in Season 5 :( . Oh well.

Honestly, even as a fan of the show, I was only really into these to use as custom pieces. So I can't say that I'm all that upset. Still, I don't think this bodes well for the chances of getting other TV 'Mates made. If 24 didn't do well, I can't imagine what else would, outside of Lost.

I draw the parallel with the 'Mates. Rocky 'Mates will go the same way IMOP ,just give us Mr.T first.

I feel that if you have a line that you can expect to sell somewhat and become relatively established (Marvel, DC), then you can release 1 or 2 major characters a wave. But when you don't know, and when the chances aren't that great that a line will go on forever (Rocky and 24, for instance), I wish we would get all the major characters quickly. What good is having Tony and Michelle if I can't have Chloe? I have no answer :(

I was looking forward to the Season 3 sets, this sucks. I'm glad to have what I do, though. The first two seasons of the show were the best, so they already made most of my favorite characters. I would have kept buying these if they did seasons 4, 5, and 6, but it would be more for novelty value (hey, a Peter Weller Minimate!) than love for the later characters.

Como what?!?!? I really like the 24 mates... They fit in well with my mates. But they werent selling well at my local coconuts (owned by FYI/Suncoast.) they had the season one set for $8 :(

Not going to say I'm that bothered about this. the 24 minimates for me where just to generic/bland I never touched them even if the series was a hit.

The only plus side I see from this is that if this cant succeed as a property maybe they will drop the seeking susan stuff without investing in alot of tooling.

The only plus side I see from this is that if this cant succeed as a property maybe they will drop the seeking susan stuff without investing in alot of tooling.

Just out of curiosity, what is the connection between those two properties that you see? That they are both non-sci-fi TV/movie Minimates?

Just out of curiosity, what is the connection between those two properties that you see? That they are both non-sci-fi TV/movie Minimates?

Perhaps....just perhaps...DSS is (perhaps) the nadir(!) of the Minimates line. I won't swear but WTF is that all about????

In all the bars in all the world....Desperately Seeking Susan?????? Can you imagine anyone apart from Guy Ritchie even opening the packaging......vogue,vogue,vague!

Perhaps....just perhaps...DSS is (perhaps) the nadir(!) of the Minimates line. I won't swear but WTF is that all about????

In all the bars in all the world....Desperately Seeking Susan?????? Can you imagine anyone apart from Guy Ritchie even opening the packaging......vogue,vogue,vague!

Dude, it's an excuse to produce an 80s Madonna! I personally think that's awesome. This is the gateway to Devo, Duran Duran, and Police minimates.

Dude, it's an excuse to produce an 80s Madonna! I personally think that's awesome. This is the gateway to Devo, Duran Duran, and Police minimates.

I agree...I personally am hoping they do some more movie/music stuff from things you never thought that you'd hear of again from the past...so don't kill them before they even start making them :ohmy: !

I liked the Police,I even went to a Duran Duran concert & enjoyed it. No real problem with Madonna actually but let's have the conical bosomed version.

You know, I would have found a way to get series 3, but with all the other cool licenses, I haven't broken any speed records to pre-order. It just hasn't been a high priority fom me. Likewise, the retailers didn't seem to show much interest.

I'm a little disappointed, but it doesn't seem to be a show that has lent itself to interest in these type of collectibles/toys.

It does mean that I'll have to run out and get an extra series 1 set for some customs and spares.

Sorry guys ... just got the message from the distributor. Series 3 and the End of Days Jack / Saunders 2-pack appear to be canceled.

We're going to contact them directly and get the final word. (They're closed now ... and they might not know right away when we call tomorrow ... so bear with us)

And of course, I'll keep you posted as we find out.

Xy