UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

New Iron Man moviemates pic

MINI_MYTE

is it me or do theese minimates look a bit busy?

i agree with the 2.5" scalle as it would make the mates look a bit less cramped

and that iron man has like No gold paint on him :biggrin:

That seems to have been the trend with Minimates recently. They have moved away from the simplicity of the early Marvel figures to often having detailed, sculpted heads and torso add-ons, amongst other things. Just compare the first Iron Man released with the movie version, or the original Hulk with the Defenders Hulk. I like both, but sometimes I also think the more recent Minimates are a bit more complex than they need to be.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What do you reckon the pairings are going to be?

And which one will be the Variant?

Oops. Somehow missed that post. My Bad! :blush:

Don't know if you guys remember the original pictures from Toy Fair, but there was an eighth Minimate pictured: another Tony Stark in a white "wifebeater"-style undershirt, with the thingee in his chest, presumably from when he was held captive and made the Mark I armor. I'm not sure if that one was eventually dropped from the lineup or DST will be coming out with it later (or possibly for the variant).

This is weird -- the Toy Fair Iron Man Minimate pictures aren't on Action Figure Insider or Marvelous News, but I distinctly remember seeing them, with that other Tony Stark included!

Don't know if you guys remember the original pictures from Toy Fair, but there was an eighth Minimate pictured: another Tony Stark in a white "wifebeater"-style undershirt, with the thingee in his chest, presumably from when he was held captive and made the Mark I armor. I'm not sure if that one was eventually dropped from the lineup or DST will be coming out with it later (or possibly for the variant).

This is weird -- the Toy Fair Iron Man Minimate pictures aren't on Action Figure Insider or Marvelous News, but I distinctly remember seeing them, with that other Tony Stark included!

The general guess on that one is 'wifebeater' Tony stark is actually what is under the MK1 Armor, if you looked at the pix you can see the MKI has flesh coloured arms under the armor add-ons.

Same goes for the MKIII, you get Tony stark in his 'Techno-long-johns' ;)

I made that one of my 'ask chuck' questions to see if they will confirm or deny it though ;)

T.

As far as the extensive detail, some figures warrant it, and others do not. It'll likely be the biggest minimate debate of all times.

And the sculpted debate rages on.

EDIT: I just realized that Shane said almost exactly the same thing. Never mind. :P

As far as the extensive detail, some figures warrant it, and others do not. It'll likely be the biggest minimate debate of all times.

EDIT: I just realized that Shane said almost exactly the same thing. Never mind. :P

Even if it wasn't Shane who said it! ;)

T.

Even if it wasn't Shane who said it! ;)

T.

Damnit! You stupid skrull! Change your icon! :lol:

Im pretty siked about these. I can't wait for the iron man movie and i'm always excited about new minimates...but i still wanna see what the hulk mates will look like!!!!!!!!!

Did you mean this?

post-1082-1206538921_thumb.jpg

I had to save this, just in case. Picture source was Superhero Times.

I needed something to drool over until late this summer ;)

Yeah you can tell from the pic it's 'wifebeater Tony" underneath. That's cool! I'm wondering if the parts are going to snap on or have little pegs to attach onto him. That'd be cool if they just clipped on so you could use those other pieces for other customs...

I'm stll iffy on the knee movement for the MkII/III. They seem like they COULD be immobile.

To me it looks like they are just really big boots. Assuming that they don't come up as high in the back, knee movement should be fine.

The general guess on that one is 'wifebeater' Tony stark is actually what is under the MK1 Armor, if you looked at the pix you can see the MKI has flesh coloured arms under the armor add-ons.

Same goes for the MKIII, you get Tony stark in his 'Techno-long-johns' ;)

I made that one of my 'ask chuck' questions to see if they will confirm or deny it though ;)

T.

official announcement on the DST homepage today confirms the armor add on pieces!!!

Jeff of the Miniacs

official announcement on the DST homepage today confirms the armor add on pieces!!!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Also, the add in the new Previes reads, "All armored figures have removable armor pieces revealing another figure underneath!" That makes me very curious about the possibility of a tiny Jeff Bridges hiding under the Iron Monger armor that we haven't seen yet.

lets hope they stick to the release date, it may be 4 months after the cinema release but its just before the dvd release

i still think its a shame that they don't get them out in time to go with all the movie hype but nevermind!!!

Nice pic. If DST get them out anytime between the movie release and the DVD release there should be no problem with sales. The main fault I see and I hope its a just a prototype is the Gold and Red IM at the front the mouth/jaw isn't straight it slants upwards.

The main fault I see and I hope its a just a prototype is the Gold and Red IM at the front the mouth/jaw isn't straight it slants upwards.

I think this is a result of the removable face plate on the mask. If you look closely the picture I posted on page 3 of this thread, you can see the face mask removed next to the Mark III IM.

I just hope it stays on better than the Zombie Iron Man mask.

These are looking more and more slick the more I hear about them. Finally got around to going through Previews and saw the muscle-shirt Tony. I may be tempted into getting two sets of most of these to display both the armored and un-armored versions.

NIce.