UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Charitymates II

Fujis

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought: if the name involves "saving" or "endangered," would it make more sense for us to be picking endangered animals? Is the idea is to bring awareness to species that need to be saved, rather than just animals in general?

Good point .The species that currently do not need 'saving' are all those Hudson River'bank dwellers' especially those that used to feast greedily off the rest of us ,especially along Wall Street . The bear 'Stearns' is the first to become extinct :mellow:

I like the sound of Charitymates II - Endangered Specimates.

I don't think we should be limited to endangered species for our customs though - they aren't the only species that the WWF helps. Plus any custom we make will automatically be endangered, as they will be the only one in existence. :)

this sounds awesome! count me in, i loved doing monstermates. i call the badger. and as for a name i'm all for beastmates for charity or wild things, or the mighty morphing beastmates!, just a thought.

Awesome, we're up to 15 customizers!

Unfortunately though I have some bad news regarding our charity of choice. As I mentioned previously, I emailed the WWF to explain the project in the same way that I contacted ABC last year - this was their response:

Hi David,

Thank you for the opportunity but we’ll have to pass. Any use of the WWF name and/or logo in this manner requires a licensing agreement with a minimum guarantee of $25,000 to $100,000. That might seem steep, but it is standard across the board.

Best of luck with your project –

Mike

Marketing Associate

World Wildlife Fund

So since the WWF is uninterested in our support, I guess we're back to square one. Anyone have another charity suggestion?

I think that those people here who ultimately will be doing the 'donkey-work'* & being 'the dog's-body'* in organising Charitymates should have the final word/veto on which charity is supported. I think the theme is pretty much cast in stone but should not influence the choice of charity .That's my 'five eggs worth'*

*poor puns intended

I find it funny that a charity doesn't want money from us.

Funny isn't exactly the word I would use. <_<

We should definitely stick with an animal related charity though, else the whole theme would make little sense.

True enough. I am passionate about the Carbon Fund but I suppose we can try to include them next time. I had a look at the links and I would prefer to support the Wildlife Alliance. I like their tag line: Direct Protection to Wildlife in Danger!

And there's still plenty of time to join the team! All you need to do is finish your custom and mail it to me by May 5th.

I'm game for Wildlife Alliance if they are willing to work with us.

The Carbon Fund can be a back up if Wildlife Alliance isn't interested.

I find it funny that a charity doesn't want money from us.

It's not that they don't want our money.....they do, just all of it. ;)

So it turns out that we might be able to donate to the WWF afterall. I was about to send an email to the WA but I decided to check through the non-profit organizations that are already listed on eBay's MissionFish site. The WWF is there which means that we could list the auctions and donate to them very easily - the only catch being that we can't use their logo in any of our logos, adverts, etc. Not that big of a deal since we weren't allowed to use ABC's logo last year either.

Thoughts?

Actually why don't we just go ahead and go with the WWF. It's going to make things alot easier since they are already listed on eBay. So anyone that wants to make a logo for the project don't use the WWF logo in it. So that leaves us with solidifying a name for the project.

Charitymates II: Manimals for the animals - benefiting the World Wildlife Fund - possible, yes?

And we still need more customizers on board!

Im about 40% done with my owl, i've got one thing thats bugging me however- the beak. how would i do that? im making my guy "turning into an owlman" so should i even bother?

Wow, 40% already? I'm in the process of sculpting the head and modifying a big chest piece as well as some accessories but I'm far from done.

If you want a beak on your custom and you don't want to sculpt one you could always find a small toy owl, cut the beak off, and glue it on your custom. I did that with the lower legs and hooves on my Lord of Darkness custom.

Im about 40% done with my owl, i've got one thing thats bugging me however- the beak. how would i do that? im making my guy "turning into an owlman" so should i even bother?

Wow, 40% already? I'm in the process of sculpting the head and modifying a big chest piece as well as some accessories but I'm far from done.

If you want a beak on your custom and you don't want to sculpt one you could always find a small toy owl, cut the beak off, and glue it on your custom. I did that with the lower legs and hooves on my Lord of Darkness custom.

i could try that, but if it doesn't look good, ill just forget it.

and I'd say im about 40% done with just painting the figure, i also have some sculpting and some accessories that id like to make.