UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Charitymates II

Fujis

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know if Antacost is going to participate in the Charitymates 2?

I've contacted antacost and he said that he might be able to make a custom time permitting.

I've hit a snag in my project. Anyone know where I can order Milliputt in the states? I've bought off the net before but can't remember what site I used.

If you send a message through the Milliput site they'll send you a list of where you can get it in your area.

As for my custom I just need to finish painting the fine details and I'll be done. I'm really excited about this one - I actually used real metal! You'll have to wait and see exactly how though...

drgn, I use green stuff from games workshop for my custom needs. Will that do? Or does it need to be Milliput?

No, anything comparable will work. I just like the two part epoxy type stuff more than the stuff that needs baking or boiling to work. I had considered trying that Mighty Putty I've seen on TV, but I don't want to encourage that guy to keep making commercials.

Here's my Great White Shark custom so far. He's still a WIP - I need to add some detail to the chest piece and sword as well as some battle-damage to his armor and shield. I just get excited when everything starts to come together!

th_SharkcustombyFujis.jpg

Can't wait to see what everyone else is working on!

drgn, whenever I do customising, I use GamesWorkshop green stuff.

You should be able to find it locally. A hobbyshop or toystore might have them (Or a Gamesworkshop store!)

Gamesworkshop is the company that makes WarHammer.

Does that help?

(The green stuff is made by mixing blue and yellow poxy).

Hey fujis! Are you still letting people join this? If so I would like to contribute a snail.

A Minimate snail? That should be interesting! And yes, people can still join the project as long as they can finish their custom and mail it to me by May 5th.

Got my camera back, my family is getting over their colds - it's time to get back to work on my Charitymate. Thanksfully I've got the sculpting and parts ready - now all I have to do is the painting:

bee_progress.jpg

Really, he's not much to look at without the paint. And the wings.

Okay, so here's my Great White Shark. He's almost finished...I need to do some minor touch ups, finish detailing his sword, and then dullcote 'im.

th_SharkbyFujis.jpg

This guy is a repainted 2.5" Minimate. His head was sculpted from scratch as was his dorsal fin. I modified a big chest piece using part of Sauron's armor (on the back) and a pair of cloak-arm-things from Gandalf. His shield is from Brick Forge with a spear head in the middle and a two Lego pirate sword blades. The shield itself is secured by one of Sauron's wrist guards.

I'm really happy with the way this guy turned out!

Superb work as always Fujis. What is his head sculpted from? Is he top heavy due to his larger head? And lastly, does your shark warrior have a name?

Edited by MINI_MYTE

What is his head sculpted from? Is he top heavy due to his larger head? And lastly, does your shark warrior have a name?

His head is sculpted from Milliput and yes, he is a little top heavy. No idea for a name yet...any ideas?

And thanks for all the feedback guys!

hey Fooj, great job dude, I really like the paint details, and you know I love the inclusion of lego parts.

Boyd, excellent start man, I am waiting to see the final product, especially since one of my upcoming MOTU heroes is bee-themed.

Hopefully I will get the last few parts I ordered from bricklink in the next few days, then I can do the paint. 99% of the sculpting stuff is done, so just waiting on that to get it done.

looking forward to the rest of the customs!

fujis, thats wayyyy beyond awesome! nice work!

Boyd, excellent start man, I am waiting to see the final product, especially since one of my upcoming MOTU heroes is bee-themed.

hmmmm. i wonder who that may bee?[cheezy pun intended] :P i HOPE its buzz-off, 'cuz he was my favorite good guy in the 2002 show.

Edited by the punisher=D

Okay, so here's my Great White Shark. He's almost finished...I need to do some minor touch ups, finish detailing his sword, and then dullcote 'im.

th_SharkbyFujis.jpg

This guy is a repainted 2.5" Minimate. His head was sculpted from scratch as was his dorsal fin. I modified a big chest piece using part of Sauron's armor (on the back) and a pair of cloak-arm-things from Gandalf. His shield is from Brick Forge with a spear head in the middle and a two Lego pirate sword blades. The shield itself is secured by one of Sauron's wrist guards.

I'm really happy with the way this guy turned out!

Top notch, Fujis. Congratulations. The sanurai touch is great...

Edited by She-Thing