UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Charitymates II

Fujis

Okay, so last year's Charitymates: Monsters for Blood went pretty well and it seems like people are anxious to get started on the second event so I thought I'd start a new thread.

For those that weren't around for the first project you can check out the thread here. Basically, members of the board created custom minimates based on our theme of monsters and we sold them on eBay. 75% of the proceeds went to America's Blood Centers and 25% went to Ady to help offset his cost of running the forum.

We're currently trying to decide what our theme and charity will be this time around although anthropomorphic animals (that being animals with human characteristics ala the Ninja Turtles, etc.) seems to be the early frontrunner for the customs theme.

Suggested charities include The Carbon Fund and The World Wildlife Fund.

Nothing is set in stone yet - let's keep brainstorming!

Edited by Fujis

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regardless of people's different interpretations of generic "thugs and henchmen" I don't think they would make very dynamic-looking customs. If you take a look at last year's monster customs they were all incredibly visually appealing which I'm sure directly affected how much they were sold for. And since this project is ultimately about raising money I think the theme we choose has to lend itself to customs which will be innovative, colorful, and as I said, dynamic.

I like the idea of the antromorphic human beans... And it isn't necessary to be just one animal ^_^

I'm 50% in, I have to be sure if i have acess to minimates. Just moved to Argentina and... no Minimates available anywhere! :sick::verymad::yucky: I can't buy in Amazon/Ebay either...

oh well, shot down. Good luck everyone who might participate

Don't feel bad commando, were just brainstorming here.

So we need some more thoughts on charities. Can all those interested in creating a custom for the project check out the links to the two charities listed in the first post and tell us which you would prefer to support?

Fujis, feel free to start a poll if you find it might be helpful.

Thanks Shane but I don't think I will. People seem to prefer the WWF over the CF so why don't we solidify that as our charity?

The theme could be human/animal hybrid inspired by the (public-domain?) 1896 book Island of Dr. Moreau by H.G. Wells.

Anthropomorphic means "with human characteristics" so I sort of imagined the customs all being some kind of animal/human hybrids.

I personally liked the environmental super heroes theme. I vote Carbon Fund.

I didn't think we negated the environmental superpowers. I know mine's gonna have something along those lines!

So if we're all agreed on the theme and the charity should we start making a list of participants and the animals they'd like to make (dibs on a Great White Shark) as well as figure out a completion date? If people can finish their customs and mail them to me by May 5th that should be enough time, right?

Okay, I just sent an email off to the WWF to see if they'd be interested in such a project and if we could use their logo etc. I should hear back from them by the end of the week.

Please note: Being a master customizer is not required to be a part of this project! We had people of all skill levels participate last year and everyone's work was amazing! I'd really like more people to get involved this year and ultimately I'd like to raise more money! Come on, do it for the pandas!

Here are the current customizers with their animal choices (which will be updated as people sign on):

• *drgnrbrn316 - Dragon

*Fujis - Shark (Great White)

*jcastick - Penguin

*Lobsterman - Lobster

*Luke314pi - Praying Mantis

*MINI-MYTE - Cow (Holstein)

*Nervous - Elephant

*She-Thing - Rat

*thepunisher=D - Owl

*thepunisher'sbrother - Bear

We also need a name for the project, something catchy like last years Monsters for Blood...

And I've start a list of participants and their animal choices in this post.

• * Fujis - Great White Shark

*Lobsterman - Lobster

*super spidey piggy- Plaque-billed duckypuss

On a more serious note Fujis, 'Charitymates II' is terrible news for some of us ....I'm broke from buying 'ordinary' Minimates....now there's a whole bunch of customs coming up for auction.....Damn :thumbsup:

On a more serious note Fujis, 'Charitymates II' is terrible news for some of us ....I'm broke from buying 'ordinary' Minimates....

Well, the auctions for these won't be listed until the second week of May or later even so there's plenty of time to save up.

As for a name how about 'Save the Animates'?

Until which date limit we've got to say "I'm in"?

I want to do Rat-Man. Can we "add" like other animals. For example, Rat-man with wings?

People can join up any time as long as they can get me their customs by May 5th! And as far as I'm concerned people can modify their animal with as many mutations, cybernetcis, weapons, or psychoses as they see fit.

The thing that bugs me about Save The Animates is I keep reading "animated," and thinking cartoons rather than animals.

Yeah, I was trying to make an amalgamation of 'animals' and 'Minimates'...anyway, we've got a few name ideas so far.

• *Endangered Minimates

*Save the Animates

*The Mini-agerie

Keep 'em coming!