UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Too late to get Back to the Future Series 1?

Hi guys. I just got into Minimates with the BSG line, and now I'm looking into the other figures that exist. I'd like to get some of the Back to the Future Minimates, but if I can't get the first series, I'll feel like my collection is incomplete. I've looked at the usual online stores with no luck, and the only seller on ebay that has them is in the UK. It looks like it would cost nearly $40 shipped, which is a little rich for my blood. Does anyone know of any other place where you can get the first series? Thanks!

Hi guys. I just got into Minimates with the BSG line, and now I'm looking into the other figures that exist. I'd like to get some of the Back to the Future Minimates, but if I can't get the first series, I'll feel like my collection is incomplete. I've looked at the usual online stores with no luck, and the only seller on ebay that has them is in the UK. It looks like it would cost nearly $40 shipped, which is a little rich for my blood. Does anyone know of any other place where you can get the first series? Thanks!

Here's one:

http://www.cosmicclutter.com/store/Back-to...t-pr-13632.html

It's kinda disappointing that the BTTF line has been so hard to get... along with the many of the other sets.

It seems that the LCS places want to focus on comic-based toys, and nothing else except perhaps the waves of BSG or ST.

I got lucky that one LCS got a couple for sale... but they haven't gotten any 24, Rocky or other BTTF since.

The other LCS I shop at frequently rarely gets box sets... They only got 2 of each of the Classic BSG only. I asked the manager about ordering others and, if you can believe this, he says he gets stuck with movie and TV toys so he won't order 24, BTTF, Rocky or A Fistful of a Few Ugly Dollars until the licenses prove that they can endure. (I'm pretty sure BTTF, Rocky and Clint Eastwood Westerns have proven they endure)

He thinks the DC and Marvel stuff are far better sellers.... oddly enough, the TV/Movie stuff sells within a day or two of release, but he's got ample supply of the last 3 series of DC and the last 2 marvel series as wells as Zombies, Defenders and SF still on the shelves. - What a tool.

That being said, I've learned to pre-order them or buy them as soon as I find them.

I generally have really good luck with Newbury Comics.

Even for varients and boxed sets, they will generally have it. And there are enough stores, at least around MA that you can hunt a particular set down.

Looks like the website also carries the minimates, though I don't see the box set for BTTF.

• 1 month later...
Aw man now I wish I took a time machine to go back in time and buy this stupid set. I spent an hour online looking for it and it quickly disappeared from webshops to ebay.

I'm running into this quandery now, Anyone have any ideas on where to track one of these down?

Aw man now I wish I took a time machine to go back in time and buy this stupid set. I spent an hour online looking for it and it quickly disappeared from webshops to ebay.

I'm running into this quandery now, Anyone have any ideas on where to track one of these down?

I haven't seen them at any of the usual internet stores for quite a while, and the last set I saw on eBay was at $40+ and was a couple days from end of auction.