• Not sure
  3. 3. Minis you collect

• Marvel
    • DCD
    • BTTF
    • Star Trek
    • Rocky
    • Westerns
    • Future Movie Lines (Platoon, SOTL, etc.)
    • BSG
    • Completed Lines (LOTR, SFII, etc.)
    • Blanks/Promos

Hi 'Versers-

I'm trying to get a handle on the most recent demographics of the Multiverse. We've literally doubled in size over the last year and I'd like to make sure it stays fun for everyone. If you care to, please complete the poll so I can see what groups make up the larger bodies of the 'Verse.

I will also start a thread soon asking for comments, suggestions, praise, dislikes, etc., in an attempt to improve the community.

I appreciate your time.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow...........where they ladies at ?!?!? We need to push for a new line of Oprah Minis.........that will even the numbers. Those Oprah woman will buy anything :D. neo

If it makes you feel any better I'm the only one in the 13-17 group at 7.14% too

I find it interesting that everyone who has answered so far collect Marvel. The only line that everyone collects it would seem so far.

I assume by collect you don't mean collect all the figures in the line. I only pick up the odd figure from a few of the lines I ticked.

Nope, I did not mean that if you check that you collect a line, that you are a completist for that line. For instance, I checked that I do collect BSG, but I don't collect them all. I only have all the classic (so far) and a few of the modern.

Why you didn't shoehorn a Skrull question into the survey, I'll never know. We even managed to squeeze one into a recent Q&A.

And my age demographic is pwning the rest of you! :lol:

I actually started to put Skrull as a gender choice, but remembered that its supposed to be secret...

Why you didn't shoehorn a Skrull question into the survey, I'll never know. We even managed to squeeze one into a recent Q&A.

And my age demographic is pwning the rest of you! :lol:

I actually started to put Skrull as a gender choice, but remembered that its supposed to be secret...

We can choose our gender?

I'm free! :kiss:

• 1 month later...
Being a huge fan of probabilities and statistics, I love the age distribution here. A nice bell curve, as it should be :)

A parabola. :biggrin:

Damn Maths revision, slipping into everything. Grrr.

• 1 month later...

I might be THE minority but I need clarification of the results. To date, 75 members responded . If we take as an example the 70 members 'who collect Marvel' then surely the percentage (of the 75 members) is 94-95%!

I can see where we're getting 14.43% from ........70 out of a total 465 overall votes.......but this is misleading & dare I say it ,wrong !

I might be THE minority but I need clarification of the results. To date, 75 members responded . If we take as an example the 70 members 'who collect Marvel' then surely the percentage (of the 75 members) is 94-95%!

I can see where we're getting 14.43% from ........70 out of a total 465 overall votes.......but this is misleading & dare I say it ,wrong !

I suspect it's adding up all the entries and giving that %

Where this falls down is that you could select any number of options or even just one, so yeah those %'s are screwy..

T.

Yeah, it is just telling you the percentage of all license/brand votes. The other categories are a lot more intuitive, because each person can only vote once. However, if each person is only allowed to vote one time in the poll (which seems to be the case), and can only vote for a given "what do you collect" category once, then it is easy enough to calculate the proportion/percentage of voters who collect a given license, in the way that BHM suggests. . .if that is the number that you are interested in.

If Shanester reads this, let me ask another question though. Are you collecting data in such a way that you could let us know which age groups collect which lines (obviously gender is something you can't really address)?

Yeah, it is just telling you the percentage of all license/brand votes. The other categories are a lot more intuitive, because each person can only vote once. However, if each person is only allowed to vote one time in the poll (which seems to be the case), and can only vote for a given "what do you collect" category once, then it is easy enough to calculate the proportion/percentage of voters who collect a given license, in the way that BHM suggests. . .if that is the number that you are interested in.

If Shanester reads this, let me ask another question though. Are you collecting data in such a way that you could let us know which age groups collect which lines (obviously gender is something you can't really address)?

Shane,I am not intentionally criticising the Demo...no way...but I feel that the results may be more useful if portrayed differently.

I also hope Trekker isn't feeling increasingly threatened by being (or not being) on a database :D